Yet Another Metronome Question
Fsgdjv
Apr 28 2007, 10:06 PM
GMC:er
Hey, I guess this is kind of a stupid question, but I suppose it's better to ask than it is to remain stupid, so..

Anyways, I'm wondering about when I practice with the metronome, should I just make it beep on the quarter notes? Or if I'm practicing lets say sixteenth notes, should I let it beep on all the sixteenth notes or just on the quarter notes and just count the sixteenth notes for myself? I've been counting lately, and I think that it's really a lot to think about when doing the, so it might be good, but on the other hand, it makes practicing some complicated licks a lot harder.

Thanks in advance for answer biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tank
Apr 28 2007, 11:07 PM
GMC Veteran
I'd suggest playing with it. The whole point of the metronome is that you learn how to make each note even timing. So if you find that you are playing 4 notes per beat, but one is great, and the other three are rushed in to get to the next beat, you might find it easier speeding the metronome up and playing 2 notes per beat, until you get used to relaxing and playing the notes even.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Leviathan
Apr 30 2007, 04:04 PM
I believe you should go Here and read everything Andrew Cockburn has to say... it's helpfull

+Quote Post
warchild
May 15 2007, 09:21 PM
I am a beginner and have not used a metronome before!

I have a Boss TU-80 Tuner & Metronome with an output and an input - but I can't get it to sound through the amp!!

How do I set this up? Can anyone help me?

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 16 2007, 11:13 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (warchild @ May 15 2007, 09:21 PM) *
I am a beginner and have not used a metronome before!

I have a Boss TU-80 Tuner & Metronome with an output and an input - but I can't get it to sound through the amp!!

How do I set this up? Can anyone help me?

I'm no genius but you could try plugging your guitar into the input of the metronome and then have a lead going from the metronome's output to your amp's input. (that would take 2 leads). Not sure though mate, i actually don't own a metronome as such, i just use the one on my computer. Good luck though- hopefully someone else can help you out more.

DeepRoots

+Quote Post
warchild
May 16 2007, 07:00 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ May 16 2007, 11:13 AM) *
I'm no genius but you could try plugging your guitar into the input of the metronome and then have a lead going from the metronome's output to your amp's input. (that would take 2 leads). Not sure though mate, i actually don't own a metronome as such, i just use the one on my computer. Good luck though- hopefully someone else can help you out more.

DeepRoots

Thanks DeepRoots! Just tried it - didn't work! Tried a few combinations but were unsuccessful! I've been told it may be that the metronome does not amplify!?
You are the first member I've "talked" to since joining on Saturday. I introduced myself and asked for info on where to start on the lessons. Could you offer any advice? I am looking through the Beginner Lessons and the metronome is doing my head in. Been playing on and off for two years and never used one!!!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 16 2007, 07:09 PM
QUOTE (warchild @ May 16 2007, 08:00 PM) *
Thanks DeepRoots! Just tried it - didn't work! Tried a few combinations but were unsuccessful! I've been told it may be that the metronome does not amplify!?
You are the first member I've "talked" to since joining on Saturday. I introduced myself and asked for info on where to start on the lessons. Could you offer any advice? I am looking through the Beginner Lessons and the metronome is doing my head in. Been playing on and off for two years and never used one!!!

Just guessing wildly now, but it might be that the output jack is just a passthru from the input and the metronome just clicks in the builtin speaker.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Kaneda
May 16 2007, 07:51 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (warchild @ May 16 2007, 08:00 PM) *

Hi warchild. I actually looked at that metronome when buying one (ended up with the DB-60 - don't need the tuner). The only use for the output would be to allow you to play the guitar without removing the metronome from the signal path. sad.gif

Actually, just checked Boss' online manual, and sure enough, under Panel Descriptions - 4. OUTPUT Jack, it says "* The metronome sound will not be output". So, no luck mellow.gif

EDIT: As blindwillie said smile.gif This page must have been hanging around before I replied.

This post has been edited by Kaneda: May 16 2007, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:23 PM