2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Santa Shreds And Insults Your Mama
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2014, 03:06 PM
GMC Founder
It seems some people can be content with just saying...

...Merry Christmas! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Dec 22 2014, 03:08 PM
GMC:er
something about you reminds me of Les Claypool

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2014, 03:11 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Dec 22 2014, 03:08 PM) *
something about you reminds me of Les Claypool

Thanks, I love the Primus stuff I have heard. Your comment reminds me to look up their stuff again. Spotify here I come!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 22 2014, 04:32 PM
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 22 2014, 06:41 PM
Instructor
I see You've been much inspired by the Santa hat biggrin.gif I feel like....it's mu fault somehow smile.gif You got a really nice blues tone right there smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 22 2014, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hahaha.....awesome!!! It seems that this Santa going at bodybuilding because he is not fat biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 22 2014, 07:07 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Santa's got the naughty blues for sure! laugh.gif And that suit is you man, looking good! I am curious though. How many years of guitar playing did it take for that guitar to end up so high on your body? It is clearly above the belt. biggrin.gif Good stuff Kris! Merry Christmas!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 22 2014, 07:22 PM
Instructor
It's simply caused by...the height of the belt itself ha ha biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 22 2014, 08:08 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Somebody please hire Santa as an instructor for GMC!
Kris, could you talk to him? You live pretty close to the north pole anyways...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 23 2014, 10:38 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 22 2014, 06:41 PM) *
I see You've been much inspired by the Santa hat biggrin.gif I feel like....it's mu fault somehow smile.gif You got a really nice blues tone right there smile.gif

It certainly is, I loved the Santa suit so much I couldn't take it off.

I still wear it btw, naked below the waist. It's so easy to scare kids now ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Dec 22 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Hahaha.....awesome!!! It seems that this Santa going at bodybuilding because he is not fat biggrin.gif

Haha well that's what Christmas is for, isn't it? I should take some pictures after the holidays and I will look more like the real santa, you'll see

Is there a real Santa btw? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 22 2014, 07:07 PM) *
Santa's got the naughty blues for sure! laugh.gif And that suit is you man, looking good! I am curious though. How many years of guitar playing did it take for that guitar to end up so high on your body? It is clearly above the belt. biggrin.gif Good stuff Kris! Merry Christmas!

I can actually play with the guitar all the way to my feet ph34r.gif no problem at all ph34r.gif

The reason Santa has it this high up is because it looks soooo sexy, can't you tell?? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 22 2014, 08:08 PM) *
Somebody please hire Santa as an instructor for GMC!
Kris, could you talk to him? You live pretty close to the north pole anyways...

No problem, I have just sent a polar bear with a message to him, I should get a reply sometime in 2016.

Btw I hear you already got cellular phones in Germany? Do you use them a lot? How much do they cost? tongue.gif

edit - forgot to add: ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 23 2014, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Kris - You're a Sweedish Hendrix biggrin.gif Yu could easily call this tune a " Swedish Chile" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2014, 12:01 PM
Instructor
Hahaha! Great one, Kris! It clearly reminds me of Les' weird antiques biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 27 2014, 11:34 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe thanks guys, I think there is still some work to do before the parallel to Hendrix is truly valid. biggrin.gif

But this gave me ideas on how to work with vocals and guitar leads more seamlessly. For example it would be cool to mix a guitar lead with this kind of singing. Not sure I can pull it off though, time will tell..!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2014, 11:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 27 2014, 10:34 PM) *
Hehe thanks guys, I think there is still some work to do before the parallel to Hendrix is truly valid. biggrin.gif

But this gave me ideas on how to work with vocals and guitar leads more seamlessly. For example it would be cool to mix a guitar lead with this kind of singing. Not sure I can pull it off though, time will tell..!

Sounds like it's influenced by some celtic or maybe more balkanic sounds - Kris, what drove you to the approach you used on building the vocal lines? I don't know the original tune very well, but I am sure you have tweaked it a little - correct?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 28 2014, 01:17 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 28 2014, 11:27 AM) *
Sounds like it's influenced by some celtic or maybe more balkanic sounds - Kris, what drove you to the approach you used on building the vocal lines? I don't know the original tune very well, but I am sure you have tweaked it a little - correct?

Yes I added some slight variations, the most noticeable one is probably the tension notes around the word Israel. The reason I did the later, was because it did not feel right to sing the original harmonic melody - given the reality of the situation in the Middle East (which I believe is fueling conflicts in rest of the world). I perceive my variation as a bit arabic sounding, whatever that means.

Other than this, I was also very influenced by Enya's version of this song which I had just discovered and which sounds bloody amazing!! You can compare:

My original idea was to do an opera version with more and deeper vibrato, but I don't have very good control of my voice. And this was what came out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 28 2014, 08:02 PM
Very cool stuff here! Takes a very bold guy to step out and do falsetto enya songs. Must say well done!!! Love the Enya version as a bonus smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 28 2014, 08:17 AM) *
Yes I added some slight variations, the most noticeable one is probably the tension notes around the word Israel. The reason I did the later, was because it did not feel right to sing the original harmonic melody - given the reality of the situation in the Middle East (which I believe is fueling conflicts in rest of the world). I perceive my variation as a bit arabic sounding, whatever that means.

Other than this, I was also very influenced by Enya's version of this song which I had just discovered and which sounds bloody amazing!! You can compare:

My original idea was to do an opera version with more and deeper vibrato, but I don't have very good control of my voice. And this was what came out!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 28 2014, 11:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 28 2014, 08:02 PM) *
Very cool stuff here! Takes a very bold guy to step out and do falsetto enya songs.

hehe but why? I guess it must relate to showing emotions, which for some reason is not always associated with masculinity?! ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2014, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Amazing! smile.gif I like your version a lot and I totally dig the flavor - also, I think that singing with falsetto is a great thing especially when using it in a context where you alternate it with speech level singing. Like this guy:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 29 2014, 04:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 29 2014, 09:17 AM) *
Amazing! smile.gif I like your version a lot and I totally dig the flavor - also, I think that singing with falsetto is a great thing especially when using it in a context where you alternate it with speech level singing. Like this guy:

Yeah that's a really cool technique, but I find it tricky to shift between the two type of voices in a musical way!

The possibilities are endless though, and it's a lot of fun to experiment. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2014, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Damn Kris You explore absolutely new fields of music biggrin.gif I loved to spend lots of time listening to a stuff like Enya when I was working as an graphic designer smile.gif Excellent mood to keep Your overheated mind in a stable state smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:16 PM