> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Megadeth Riffing Lesson , Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Skalde
Aug 19 2019, 05:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Megadeth Riffing Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

I am working on a better video setup. The backlight makes the video a bit grainy but that should be avoidable. The bigger problem at the moment is that I can not record audio from the DAW and the Video from my camera at the same time. The take you see is still the one you hear but I have to put them together in a video editing software afterwards which is not easy to sync up. I am planning to fix that soon. For this lesson I wanted to practice something that is a bit more challenging. Timing is still a issue for me here. I practised this one with a metronome at 120bpm. It's harder for me to play with the full backing though :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2019, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Skalde! smile.gif

I think that your video would look great if you just avoid that background illumination. If that's a window, you could move to another part in the room where you have all that light in front of you.

Avoid video production, I usually record video on Camera, audio on Cubase and then edit everything using Premiere. It's not the fastest way but it works for me. In order to make the audio sync easier, remember to record ambient audio with your camera to then replace it.

Regarding your playing, I can see that you are not comfortable with this tempo yet. This makes you have timing issues, that become more important in some parts like the one at 00:12. In most of the sections, you tend to rush tempo. I'd like to give you a practice tip that will help you with this. Practice at a faster tempo for some minutes every day and then get back to the normal tempo. This will help you to find the lesson's tempo more familiar and comfortable. Try it!

Your technique looks great here, I don't see anything to fix regarding the way you play the parts. Just remember to let us see both hands clearly in your videos (your right hand is a bit out of screen).

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 21 2019, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all some technical advices due to audio/video setup.

As Gabriel said - it is normal to sync the separated audio from the DAW and video in the external editor like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker (probably many more that I don't know). You need to make sure you record audio form the camera(room sound). You can easily sync DAW exported audio with room audio by the visual peaks in video editor.

Aa for video the backlight is not a best idea but let's say it's clear enough to give you some quality feedback. It's opposite with the crop range. We don't see your right hand well enough. It would also be great to see ntoh hand a little more "from above" than from the bottom(like in this video). Part of the palm hides some detsils of fingers motion.

Main issue in this part is your timing. you tend to rush things. There is one spot where you actually missed the rhytmical concept of the riff but I'm sure you know where. Try to experiment with backing track volume. Maybe your rehersal conditions make you not "dig in" with the ttrack well enough. Make yourself a kind of exercise - try to become your own listener while playing. Try to split your mind into player + listener mode. It will also show how well you know the part you play. It needs to be loaded into fingers memory so your mind would be free for details liek articulation and perfect timing. Maybe you just need some more time with this lesson. Try to just enjoy it instead of thinking as a task to complete smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 22 2019, 10:56 AM
GMC Founder
Nice - this lesson is more in the line of what I recommend you to work on - given rhythm issues we have discussed.

However it is above your comfort speed which means you probably tense up a little and have less time to think about how well you sync with the beat.

I still do think that over all this is a musical take - but for practicing purposes I would advise you to slow down.

You get a 7 from me, keep it up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 29 2019, 01:17 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:56 PM