> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Alex5's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2015, 07:08 PM
Instructor
You will find assignments that should be worked in order to polish your timing. You can start with the number 1, practice it for around 4 days, and share a take there or here to let me check it, give feedback and tell you if you are ready for the next one. It's a workout.

Does it make sense?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 25 2015, 09:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's very clear

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2015, 06:31 PM
Instructor
Great! Let me know how the practice goes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 27 2015, 10:33 PM
Here's some work I've done smile.gif

Muse main riff at 90

https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/muse902

Another try of Muse complete
(I've done 6 records and play it at the same time they are strictly identicals,)
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/musecomp

Assignement 1 for timing workout
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/timingwork1

waiting for your feedback.

If I do timing mistakes can you tell me what is it ?

This post has been edited by Alex5: Aug 27 2015, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2015, 08:03 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the audios. These samples show that you need some hard work on timing. The first audio from Muse is not tight, and you can notice by comparing what you play with the bass guitar. You are not going unison in the whole first part. However, the last seconds sound much better than the first ones, so it seems that you get more comfortable close to the end. This means that you can play it, but you are not understanding it yet. You need to hear more, even without playing, sing along with the backing, and close your eyes, feel the groove.

Something similar happens with the timing workout, the first part until the "chorus" is not going even with the beat, but the last seconds go tight. Please listen to your recording and let me know if you note what I'm saying.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 28 2015, 09:43 PM
I note your feedback...
I've a lot of difficulty to feel the groove, so in my guitar playing I use too much my brain instead of feel the groove. I get 80% of my attention to think instead of playing.

I know that, timing is my priority. I will work hard to succeed

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 28 2015, 10:33 PM
I have a difficulty with the ACDC BT. At the begining, there is a 1 2 3 4 without guitar then, the guitar play. Is the guitar playing at 1 (2nd bar) or 4 and half (1st bar) ?

This post has been edited by Alex5: Aug 29 2015, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2015, 01:56 PM
Instructor
No, it's not, it's playing a bit before the beat (one 8th note), that's what makes everything a bit more difficult. You need to mark the beat by yourself with your foot. Are you tapping with your foot while playing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 29 2015, 05:39 PM
I do but I have difficulties staying regular. It's easier for me to do et with a métronome. Over a BT my ear ils distracted ans I lose the béat.

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 30 2015, 01:54 AM
Hey ! Here's some new takes !

Timing work out 1
(I don't know what I've done with this track, There is few minutes of nothing at the begining ... rolleyes.gif )
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/acdc2

Muse 90
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/muse902nd

Muse complete
https://soundcloud.com/user-280506716/musecomp2

This post has been edited by Alex5: Aug 30 2015, 01:57 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2015, 12:14 AM
Instructor
Hi Alex!! Congrats on your work! Your timing is improving so you are on the right with this practice! smile.gif

The timing assignment sounds good so you could start with the number 2. Muse's looped riff is getting better but it needs more work yet, as well as the complete take. Please keep on working on this during this new week.

When practicing Muse's riff, try to avoid notes from the riff being muted too soon to make the riff sound smoother. Try to make the silences between notes much shorter.

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 31 2015, 01:14 AM
Thanks for your feedback. For my timing progresses, there ils another reason I have discover that my device wasn't configurated correctly on reaper. So i've set the asio4all plugins and m'y timing becomes better immediatly .
I can work in the best conditions now.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2015, 06:12 PM
Instructor
Ah! That's great! So you were having "latency" issues. It's impossible to play tight when this happens. Great to know that you've discovered this and solved! Has it disappeared?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Aug 31 2015, 07:26 PM
Completly disappeared smile.gif

I knew my timing couldn't be awful at it's point biggrin.gif

Seriously, before this set up I was disappointed each time I listened my records.
Now, I know my playing isn't awesome but when I listen my record I ear what I have feeled during the recording...

Sorry, my ideas could be not very clear but I've difficulties to speak well english..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2015, 04:08 AM
Instructor
It's totally clear, don't worry. wink.gif

So well, these are really good news! I was a bit worried about your timing mate... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 2 2015, 09:48 AM
Here's a new take on video

This post has been edited by Alex5: Sep 2 2015, 10:06 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2015, 06:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex!! Great to find this video. This is a lot much better! Your timing is close to be totally tight. The main riff still shows some room to go tighter with the drum and bass backing, you're close but if you pay special attention you'll notice that it's not totally regular. Tapping with your foot while playing can help to adjust this issue.

Another thing that you could improve on this one is dynamics. You are playing every note with the same intensity, while the lesson requires some dynamics works, mostly accentuating the parts of the riff that go with the beat. Pay attention to my left hand work on main video and you'll see what I mean.

Congrats on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 2 2015, 10:21 PM
I have watched again your vidéo and I see what you mean.
I'll work on dynamics !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2015, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Perfect! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 6 2015, 10:26 PM
Here's and new take. I think it's more dynamic, isn't it ?

This post has been edited by Alex5: Sep 6 2015, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:47 AM