> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Alex5's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 05:02 AM
Instructor
Hi Alex,

I can note that your playing starts to have more dynamics but it's not natural and connected with the backing yet. You need to continue practicing this lesson. I also note that the main riff is not sounding tight yet, you also need to continue focusing on timing. The problem is much smaller than the first videos but you still need to adjust it.

Maybe using the loop that I've sent can help with both dynamics and timing.

Do you note the timing issues on this video?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 7 2015, 08:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey !

I list en the timing issues. I was tired on this take and focused on dynamic. And my wife was coming to bawl at me because Idisconforted her movie watching tapping the tempo with my foot. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I knew it wasn't the take of the year biggrin.gif.
My playing dont look natural yet I need a lot of concentration to play.

I 'LL do another take in better conditions.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 7 2015, 09:24 AM
Maybe using the loop that I've sent can help with both dynamics and timing.

I use it to work !

I'd like to have your opinion about 2 points :

First, I feel more comfortable using classical position to play guitar. I force myself using folk position to do records but I'm not feeling as well as classical.
Is classical possition good to play electric guitar ? My takes are better when I use it.

Secondly, at the moment, I focus myself working the lesson Muse goes stoner, and timing workout assignements. I'm asking myself working another lesson as the same time to avoid being bored by it. What are you thinking about that ? Do you have a lesson to advice me ?

Here's a new take correcting some timing issues

This post has been edited by Alex5: Sep 7 2015, 01:37 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex,

Your timing is a bit better on this new video so you are on the right track with your practice. About the posture, the classical position is really comfortable and effective for playing guitar, the main difference is how it looks. It looks more "formal" and less "cool" for playing rock. This can be a very personal opinion, but when I see a rock player using this position I see him as a player more focused on technique than feeling. But once again, this is a VERY subjective opinion. If this is not a problem or anything that matters to you, you can go for it.

About starting with a new lesson, yes! it's a great idea. What about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-King-Blues/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 7 2015, 04:18 PM
I dont care looking less cool if I can sounding more good. So i'll keep classical posture for the moment. Nice lesson you suggest to me. I have already bookmarked it. Great challenge, looking a bit difficult at first view. I'll work on it and finish the Muse one.

Keep rockin'

This post has been edited by Alex5: Sep 7 2015, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 09:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Sep 7 2015, 12:18 PM) *
I dont care looking less cool if I can sounding more good. So i'll keep classical posture for the moment. Nice lesson you suggest to me. I have already bookmarked it. Great challenge, looking a bit difficult at first view. I'll work on it and finish the Muse one.

Keep rockin'

Good plan! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 8 2015, 08:37 PM
I've made a new take of Muse lesson (actually I've made 3)
I submit it to your judgement.

Finally I use the folk position, I will try to gain comfort with it.

I've started BB King lesson, so hard...
I started with the 4 first bars..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, the lesson still has timing issues. You are having problems with this rhythm pattern:

Attached Image

Attached File  pattern.gp5 ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 93

This patterns appears all the time in the lesson and you are not playing it tight so it would be a good idea to hear you practicing the pattern over a drum loop or metronome, playing the same note but totally focused on playing it tight.

Please do it for 3 days, 3 blocks of 10 minutes, and share a video.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 9 2015, 03:14 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 9 2015, 01:57 PM) *
Hi Alex, the lesson still has timing issues. You are having problems with this rhythm pattern:

Attached Image

Attached File  pattern.gp5 ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 93

This patterns appears all the time in the lesson and you are not playing it tight so it would be a good idea to hear you practicing the pattern over a drum loop or metronome, playing the same note but totally focused on playing it tight.

Please do it for 3 days, 3 blocks of 10 minutes, and share a video.

OK I'll work on it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Sep 9 2015, 11:14 AM) *
OK I'll work on it

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 11 2015, 11:15 AM
I've taken the sequence separatly and work on it each evening. Isolated i'm in timing.
So i'll post a take tonight (french hour)

I've watched older videos, I note progresses. That's cool! i'm happy biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Alex5: Sep 11 2015, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 11 2015, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2015, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! This shows BIG improvements! Congrats on your great work here! The timing is getting better and not it's time to polish it to keep it consistent along the whole lesson.

Keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 11 2015, 05:54 PM
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I'm proud of me !

Do you think I can submit it to REC zone ? Or I still wait ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2015, 08:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Sep 11 2015, 01:54 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I'm proud of me !

Do you think I can submit it to REC zone ? Or I still wait ?

My suggestion is to keep on working like this until Monday, to adjust the rhythm details and then submit it at REC.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 11 2015, 08:14 PM
You're right .
I'll wait wednesday, I'll have a lot of work Saturday, sunday, monday and tuesday.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2015, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Sep 11 2015, 04:14 PM) *
You're right .
I'll wait wednesday, I'll have a lot of work Saturday, sunday, monday and tuesday.

Ok! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 16 2015, 09:40 AM
here's a morning take after 3hours of sleep biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2015, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Good job! This lesson keeps on polishing! The timing is getting better with each new take. There are two elements to focus:

- Dynamics
- Articulation

About dynamics, I feel that you keep on playing everything soft, while this kind of riffing requires a more aggressive picking and also to accentuate the stronger parts of the beat. Listen to the original lesson and pay attention to intensities.

Regarding articulation, I still think that your picking tends to sound with staccato effect and this avoid the riff sound smooth enough. Try to make the notes longer to avoid silence between them and to make the riff sound smoother.

PS: The reason why I think you have the articulation issue is that you quit the fingers too early... check if this is the problem.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Sep 17 2015, 02:44 PM

I'm not very proud of this one, I had my hand shaking because of cafein abuse.
I try to play less staccato, it's not enough but a bit better I think.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:56 AM