> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2013, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Hello my hard working dutch friend!

You are on the good path with this, even tho it's clear that you have some polishing to do in certain spots. Now, I noticed a very important thing: your breathing smile.gif You are holding air too much man! Your brain needs oxygen in order to pump blood into the muscles and provide the necessary things for your performance.

Have you tried to be conscious regarding your breathing rhythm?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 21 2013, 11:33 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey CMan smile.gif

I am uploading my progress on this lesson which is very slow. Here is my take on the original tempo of 125 bpm. Still choking on a lot of notes..

About breathing, you are right smile.gif I tend to hold my breadth at difficult parts tongue.gif I don't know why.. I will try to be more conscious of it.

Let me know what you think.. Here we go:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 22 2013, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Hey hombre! Glad to hear from you!

You know I noticed something smile.gif I think that when you sweep up, you tend to move your hand away/towards the exterior from/of the strings a bit and then sweep. It should be a constant motion that doesn't move your hand away at all. I think this is a part where you can lose momentum.

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 22 2013, 07:27 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 22 2013, 08:38 AM) *
Hey hombre! Glad to hear from you!

You know I noticed something smile.gif I think that when you sweep up, you tend to move your hand away/towards the exterior from/of the strings a bit and then sweep. It should be a constant motion that doesn't move your hand away at all. I think this is a part where you can lose momentum.

What do you think?

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin smile.gif that is a very interesting observation. I am not sure if I understand it fully though. Do you think it is possible that you make a video for me showing 1) what you think I do that is wrong and 2) how I should rather do it?

This would be very helpful. I want to get this bloody technique down smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert - sure thing man, I'll lay my thoughts down in a video and show you what I mean!

Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 24 2013, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 24 2013, 10:23 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Thanks a lot for the video!! I now understand what you mean precisely and you are absolutely right, I do that kind of movement with my right hand that possibly slows me down. So I will go back to slower tempos and practice the lesson trying to correct my right hand motion.. Hopefully post something soon but first I need to practice a bit smile.gif

See you soon here smile.gif
Thanks again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2013, 08:10 AM
Instructor
The pleasure is all mine, my Dutch friend smile.gif You know, sometimes, it takes just an extra pair of eyes to see what we do not, simply because we can't look at ourselves. I think self observation and awareness should be taught as a very valuable skill in life in general. I tend to have the same problems sometimes and only after I watch a recording of myself, I am able to say, hey, that's not ok, I should correct that or this and so on.

Show me whatchagot, as soon as you are ready wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 27 2013, 04:14 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok C-Maestro smile.gif I practiced this lesson very slowly to get my right hand motion right.
Here is the video

I still have some of that motion.. What do you think ?? I don't know how to avoid it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2013, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert - I observed another thing smile.gif Would you consider slightly sliding your right hand across the bridge in a vertical fashion while sweeping the high strings and getting it up again when playing the lower strings? I think that the fact that you are keeping your wrist locked in one spot, is hindering you a bit... What do you think?

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Aug 13 2013, 09:01 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 28 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Hey Mert - I observed another thing smile.gif Would you consider slightly sliding your right hand across the bridge in a vertical fashion while sweeping the high strings and getting it up again when playing the lower strings? I think that the fact that you are keeping your wrist locked in one spot, is hindering you a bit... What do you think?

Hey Cosmin, I practiced a bit more paying attention to your last observation. Here is my take again at same tempo. What do you think ?? Practicing sweep picking makes me feel I am so untalented with this instrument sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 14 2013, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Mert, if I ever catch you saying that, I will make my way into the Netherlands and slap you silly! laugh.gif

How can you let a single technique bring you down like that? I noticed something else at your right hand that I think is a bit hindering - video coming up!

Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 15 2013, 12:38 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 23 2013, 12:11 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Thanks for monitoring my progress on 40 Metal Bands lesson in forums smile.gif It was hell of a detour tongue.gif
This year my goal was to get sweeping at a good level. I don't think I managed but I am not too unhappy either. I think I will get it soon smile.gif For 2014 my goal is to get sweeping good and also improve on my articulation. I think you like that goal smile.gif

So here is a surprise: you thought I forgot about this right ? smile.gif Well, no. Here we go, it is Metal Metrics time

I will post something soon on the sweep lessons you assigned to me earlier as well..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2013, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 23 2013, 11:11 AM) *
Hey Cosmin,

Thanks for monitoring my progress on 40 Metal Bands lesson in forums smile.gif It was hell of a detour tongue.gif
This year my goal was to get sweeping at a good level. I don't think I managed but I am not too unhappy either. I think I will get it soon smile.gif For 2014 my goal is to get sweeping good and also improve on my articulation. I think you like that goal smile.gif

So here is a surprise: you thought I forgot about this right ? smile.gif Well, no. Here we go, it is Metal Metrics time

I will post something soon on the sweep lessons you assigned to me earlier as well..

SOLID! biggrin.gif Good NYR man! Articulation is always a good aim! Also, I think you did a very good job on the 40 Metal Bands - it's a very difficult one, so it's no piece of cake to tackle such a lesson.

Anyway - focus a bit on nailing each note when doing the natural harmonics on the thick string and that last bend before the two open C chords should be more into pitch. Otherwise - spot on! And the tone is a beast! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 27 2013, 03:55 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,
Thanks for the feedback smile.gif Here is another attempt.. What do you think??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 27 2013, 10:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 27 2013, 02:55 PM) *
Hey Cosmin,
Thanks for the feedback smile.gif Here is another attempt.. What do you think??

Haha! Amazing man biggrin.gif Now the ONLY thing that I found was that the last bend was a bit too much this time tongue.gif Find the right pitch to reach and you are there!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 27 2013, 11:53 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif You are right, the bend was not good this time either. It is so strange. I don't remember ever having problems finding the right pitch with bends. I know why this is giving me trouble. It is because the tuning is so low, especially the first string, it is very hard to get it to the correct tuning and also while bending get it sound right.. I will see what I can do smile.gif

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Dec 27 2013, 11:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2013, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Hehe! I know what you mean mate - that's why it's always good to record and listen to yourself wink.gif And I also think that the thickest string is not the most usual place for that sort of bend biggrin.gif Let me know if you are into moving further smile.gif

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 27 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif You are right, the bend was not good this time either. It is so strange. I don't remember ever having problems finding the right pitch with bends. I know why this is giving me trouble. It is because the tuning is so low, especially the first string, it is very hard to get it to the correct tuning and also while bending get it sound right.. I will see what I can do smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 30 2013, 01:01 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok here is another take biggrin.gif One day you tube will be full of my Metal Metrics 4 takes biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2013, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 30 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Ok here is another take biggrin.gif One day you tube will be full of my Metal Metrics 4 takes biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Wow! Mert the perfectionist! I love that! biggrin.gif Dude, it was very good, the only thing which was a bit hesitant, being the last slide vibrato. I really think you can move on if you wish, as that one is most surely something that slipped due to some probable attention slip tongue.gif Am I right? If yes, we should tackle the next articulation based one?

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 31 2013, 01:41 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin smile.gif
Ok lets move on to the next articulation lesson. 2014 will be my articulation year along with sweeps.. What do you have in mind for me? smile.gif
Also I will put Metal Metrics 4 to REC. Lets see what happens tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:40 PM