2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Music Sub-genres/genres That You Probably Didn't Knew,
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 5 2011, 11:37 PM
GMC:er
Hey, guys i had idea for a topic, lets all share music genres that probably most of us don't know, the freakest, the badass'est .

This time we will head to a world inside of our world, JAPAN!!

Let me present you - "Visual kei", for a better undestanding of the genre here's wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_kei

and here is some of my favorite songs of the genre(don't get elude by thier appareance ;D):

Keep shouting Genres/SubGenres whatever you feel is unknown biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 5 2011, 11:47 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 5 2011, 11:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
"Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name."

Btw I love Japan "crazy" song (with a metal feeling), these are great songs, thanks for sharing smile.gif

There is an infinite subgenres, you can define your own subgenre just by adding some specific details/effects.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
dark dude
Oct 5 2011, 11:45 PM
Just take the 'a' off the Wiki. link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_kei

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 5 2011, 11:47 PM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Oct 5 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Just take the 'a' off the Wiki. link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_kei

my bad ty tongue.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 5 2011, 11:52 PM
It's way better thanks.

Shooting a clip in this subgenre would take long ! 1hour per person for hair styles, 1 hour per person for clothes, etc biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Christophe: Oct 5 2011, 11:54 PM

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2011, 11:56 PM
Believe it or not, I"m actually a fan of some Visual Kei. One of the First "Kei" bands was called X-Japan and their guitar player ended up killing himself and several fans tried to join him. I actually made a short documentary film about it. It contains a few Xjapan tunes and some hide (the guitar player that died) cips and I had a pro come in for the Voice Over work. Took almost a year of work and still isn't complete. Footage was tough to compile.

Some of these bands are quite good but you have to get past the fact that they are all in Drag first. Which is tough, especially at first.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 6 2011, 12:09 AM

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 6 2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah I know that band X-Japan, there is a few lessons on GMC covering its style ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 6 2011, 12:23 AM
To be honest i don't mind the Drag at all tongue.gif some of the hairs are indeed badass! and ty i only knew x-japan by name, will check more deeply for sure.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 5 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Believe it or not, I"m actually a fan of some Visual Kei. One of the First "Kei" bands was called X-Japan and their guitar player ended up killing himself and several fans tried to join him. I actually made a short documentary film about it. It contains a few Xjapan tunes and some hide (the guitar player that died) cips and I had a pro come in for the Voice Over work. Took almost a year of work and still isn't complete. Footage was tough to compile.

Some of these bands are quite good but you have to get past the fact that they are all in Drag first. Which is tough, especially at first.

wow i had no idea man, of the impact that the dead of him bring to people...so many

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 6 2011, 03:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
Of course I know about Visual Kei. I love it biggrin.gif

I doubt many have heard of... electroswing before. laugh.gif

(I know - someone is now going to post Diablo Swing Orchestra. They are also awesome smile.gif )

and because you were talking of Visual Kei, here's my favourite VK band smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Oct 6 2011, 03:50 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 5 2011, 06:56 PM) *

Excellent video Todd. I had never heard of X-Japan.

Great topic Monkey. Just some more enlightenment on GMC! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 6 2011, 08:03 AM
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Oct 5 2011, 07:23 PM) *
To be honest i don't mind the Drag at all tongue.gif some of the hairs are indeed badass! and ty i only knew x-japan by name, will check more deeply for sure.

wow i had no idea man, of the impact that the dead of him bring to people...so many

It took me off guard in a big way when I heard the whole story. That's why I wanted to make a short film about it. In the states, we all got bummed out when Kurt Kobain killed himself, but people didn't start throwing themselves off bridges. The cultural differences are fascinating. And did you see those shots of 50,000 people at the funeral? Wow.

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Oct 6 2011, 08:42 AM
Ergh, I brain stormed hard, however in the end I was just too lazy. I know I have a few odd genres, but eh. I'll settle for a few really obscure bands I suppose.

Technical Death Metal:

Music that really makes no sense:

That wasn't nonsensical enough?:

Ehh, I suppose that last band can be classed as Avant-Garde metal, but I wanted to stay relevant. ;-;

Edit: Oh right, here is some oldies metal. :3

This post has been edited by Karl-ss: Oct 6 2011, 08:58 AM

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 6 2011, 10:53 AM
Solles@- i reall dig that electroswing ohmy.gif keep sharing! ahah i know you know alot of cool freaky stuff.
Blister@- Thank you, and feel free to post biggrin.gif

Todd@agree, the cultural differences are fascinatin, special Japan! they are pretty freaky/crazy and awesome imo
Karl-ss@ all i can say about your post is that, it was "Unexpect" tongue.gif thank you!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 6 2011, 11:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 6 2011, 08:23 PM
We leaving Japan, and going to Ireland today!

heres some sweet Irish Punk

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 6 2011, 08:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 7 2011, 05:44 AM
Instructor
I'm always amazed of how the visual kei musicians look. That make up, those coloured hairs are awesome.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 7 2011, 12:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 7 2011, 06:44 AM) *
I'm always amazed of how the visual kei musicians look. That make up, those coloured hairs are awesome.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 7 2011, 01:05 PM
Sugoi!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 7 2011, 03:57 PM
Instructor
here's a ballad I heard some time ago, that could fit into the style, sounds cool smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 7 2011, 04:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Oct 7 2011, 08:05 AM) *

Sometimes I can't note if the musician is a man or a girl...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 7 2011, 04:11 PM
ahahah xD Gabriel, in Visual ke,i in times of doubt its most of the time a man tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 7 2011, 03:57 PM) *
here's a ballad I heard some time ago, that could fit into the style, sounds cool smile.gif

Nice one ty for sharing Ivan!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 7 2011, 04:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:01 PM