> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Cassien’s Phrasing Concepts, for Gab's Army
Cassien
Apr 11 2012, 03:32 PM
GMC:er

I don't have a software for drums or bass but I could get one. Do you have one that'd be on the easy side to use you'd recommend?

I'm no singer, I'm actually probably pretty bad at it but that doesn't stop me tongue.gif
I just have so lyrics I really like for this one. It really brings the whole thing together I think.

I agree with you I still need a solo and a bridge of sort.
What do you mean by part C?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Martin and Co Sigma Guitars TB-1B (electro acoustic)
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

My youtube channel: Cassien's Youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Apr 11 2012, 11:32 AM) *
I don't have a software for drums or bass but I could get one. Do you have one that'd be on the easy side to use you'd recommend?

I'm no singer, I'm actually probably pretty bad at it but that doesn't stop me tongue.gif
I just have so lyrics I really like for this one. It really brings the whole thing together I think.

I agree with you I still need a solo and a bridge of sort.
What do you mean by part C?

Hi mate. I use a Nuendo to write midis and Edirol Hyper Canvas as VSTi. It includes many instruments like drums, bass, guitars, strings. It's not top level sampling but it does its job for demoing.

I call "part C" to what is also called bridge... it's the part that appears after the second chorus... it's usually connected with the solo and most of the times has lyrics.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 20 2012, 04:59 PM
Hey gab,

I just wanted to check in.I've been pretty busy at work so I haven't posted anything in a while.

I'm still working on the one note picking lesson, it's getting there but it's been challenging to get it clean and nice...

I also started working on Little Finger Work Out cause doing your ITC exercises I realized how week my pinky is...

I'm also working on the Jazzy Blues Phrasing lesson. It's got some really good sounds and a couple of pretty challenging phrases.

I've also been spending quite a bit of time on Nuendo, setting up my system and trying to put together the drum track for the Gab's Army song. I'm simply plugging my guitar in my laptop's microphone jack through an adapter, probably not the best way to do it but that's what I have.

Anyway, I'll try to post some of the stuff I've been working on this weekend.

Cheers
C.

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2012, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Cassien! Everything sound great for me! Thanks for the update! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
May 8 2012, 04:45 AM
Hey gab!

I finally recorded a couple of the things I've been working on.

The first one is diminished responsibility
MY TAKE

and the second is my take of One note per string . I've been working on for the past few months. Its getting there slowly but my right hand is still not comfortable...

I started practicing sweep picking for the Jazzy blues phrasing lesson, the second fast phrase is killing me. I'm still really slow at that. I'll try to post my take ont hat lesson later this week.

I'm still screwing around with Nuendo for the Gab's Army song. I'm trying to use ezdrummer for the back track. It's taking a lot fo time just to get a handle on the software. I'll try to post something when manage something decent.

Cheers
Cyril

PS: awesome for opening for Duran Duran with your band. that's really cool!

This post has been edited by Cassien: May 8 2012, 04:46 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2012, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Cassien! Thanks for the update! Those are really tricky lessons, but you are on the right track. You just need to keep on practicing them to master the faster sections and the bends. In the second lesson you say "One Note Per String Alt Pick" but you are playing it with Sweep Picking, what's the reason?
Regarding the Gab's Army Album song... can't wait! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
May 8 2012, 06:26 PM
hummm... I didn't realize I was doing that... I guess that's what I did naturally. I'll pay closer attention to what my right hand is doing and see if I can change that.

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2012, 01:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ May 8 2012, 02:26 PM) *
hummm... I didn't realize I was doing that... I guess that's what I did naturally. I'll pay closer attention to what my right hand is doing and see if I can change that.

It's not bad to play it in with Sweep Picking! I personally prefer this way, I was just asking because it seemed that the exercises idea was to train AP.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:31 AM