How much time do you spend playing guitar?
How much time do you spend playing guitar ?
How much time do you spend playing guitar ?
Not every day, I don't play a lot [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Almost every day I play sometimes [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I play less than 1 hour a day [ 1 ] ** [5.00%]
I play between 1 and 2 hours a day [ 10 ] ** [50.00%]
I play between 2 and 3 hours a day [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
I play between 3 and 4 hours a day [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
I play more than 4 hours a day [ 4 ] ** [20.00%]
Other answer .. [ 1 ] ** [5.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 28 2006, 03:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello everyone,
I just finished my guitar practice routine and I was wondering how much time do you spend on guitar? I have a guitar practice routine that I last about 1 hour that I play each day and after that I try to play the more I can learning new song improvising or playing guitar solo.

I would like to spend much more time playing but between University, taking care of my girlfriend and sleeping I don't have much time.. Or maybe I could cut my sleep rolleyes.gif

I also do about 5 min of strecthing before playing ( shoulders, wrist and fingers)

How about you futur guitar legends?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Screech1989
Nov 28 2006, 06:21 AM
GMC:er
I like to think I play about 1-2 hours a day, usually.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Nov 28 2006, 06:44 AM
Hard to say, I don't really keep track of time(time flies when you're having fun!). But I have a huge variation in my playing time, 6-1 hour(s) a day. Sometimes I'm busy and can't play for long(1 hour or less), other times I have major difficulties when practicing, so I work on it for a long period of time(4-6 hours, sometimes more), when everything goes smoothly(3-5 hours).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Norven
Nov 28 2006, 07:54 AM
I play more then 4 hours every day, except if i have a huge test in school next day.
I try to play 2 hours with the metronom and 1 hours learning new stuff and the rest I sit and improvise..

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 28 2006, 08:15 AM
GMC Founder
An average for me would be 2-3 hours - if I can keep that it would be great. I did a lot more practicing when I was younger (gee I felt old saying that!) blink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tank
Nov 28 2006, 11:12 PM
GMC Veteran
At present my practice schedule means that I tend to do 2 hours during the week, then usually around 7 hours a day at the weekend.

I wish I'd done more when I was older, I'd probably not need to put myself through the 7 hours a day at weekends. (Feel older than Kris!!) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
raqroso
Nov 29 2006, 01:55 AM
I'm 2 - 3 hours per day ...

but it's a weird 2 - 3 hours:

I get up real early and play in the morning 6am - 8am before work...
then at my lunch hour 12pm - 1pm or so .... once in a while I'll play after work
but not often... I've had that routine for close to a year now-
except on weekends .... when it seems I either play a lot more or not at all.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 29 2006, 08:11 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Nov 29 2006, 03:55 AM) *
I'm 2 - 3 hours per day ...

but it's a weird 2 - 3 hours:

I get up real early and play in the morning 6am - 8am before work...
then at my lunch hour 12pm - 1pm or so .... once in a while I'll play after work
but not often... I've had that routine for close to a year now-
except on weekends .... when it seems I either play a lot more or not at all.

I did that a lot earlier - I split up the daily practice schedule - I felt like it was rewarding to have to warm up several times a day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Nov 29 2006, 08:16 AM
QUOTE (Tank @ Nov 28 2006, 11:12 PM) *
At present my practice schedule means that I tend to do 2 hours during the week, then usually around 7 hours a day at the weekend.

I wish I'd done more when I was older, I'd probably not need to put myself through the 7 hours a day at weekends. (Feel older than Kris!!) tongue.gif

Do you mean younger? huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
NEZTOK
Nov 29 2006, 08:41 AM
I figured out a while back that if I split my practice time up during the day that I do better. I can refocus I suppose, otherwise I start noodling...

Especially if I get frustrated (a good sign you're actually doing something.) After working through the frustration I need a rest. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tank
Nov 29 2006, 11:01 AM
GMC Veteran
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Nov 29 2006, 09:16 AM) *
Do you mean younger? huh.gif

Sorry. Yes, I wish I'd done it while I was younger. rolleyes.gif

Less time available, now I've got a family, and work. But I'm getting there, I've definately seen a major improvement on my playing (which to be fair, wasn't that bad before). Now though I'm starting to get to what I'd like to be able to play like, and it's all down to practicing harder than I have before, (and using the time more effectively).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 PM