Peavey Windsor Studio, anyone got something to say about it?
MickeM
Sep 7 2008, 08:35 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Seems like a great piece of work for home and studio. The possibility to switch between 6L6GC, KT88, EL34 and more to color the power amp section seem just great!
15W, built in attenuator, XLR jack for recording, 12" speaker. For 349 Euro, probably even cheaper in the US.

But, it doesn't seem to be that popular for some reason. At least not in the sence of finding soundclips and youtube demos.

Being a bit on the look for a smaller piece of amp for home use (like a Blackheart or some sort) this is definitly up there! if not on top even. I mean, plug n play with different power tubes, how cool isn't that? And the attenuator!

Anyone got an opinion on this amp, own experience maybe?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 7 2008, 08:47 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDfzmnXuIs&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7y1zeL2-vE

Here's two pretty good videos on it smile.gif
I've had my eyes on it too..

I'll have to try it out, if some Norwegian stores would get it that is dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toroso
Sep 7 2008, 09:12 PM
GMC:er
I think one reason it is not so popular is this. I have read reviews that it does not have a good modern metal distortion. At least this is what I have understood. If you are not so much concerned with that? And we all know the story behind reviews... grain of salt.

This post has been edited by Toroso: Sep 7 2008, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 7 2008, 09:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Didn't know about this amp, looks awesome with the attenuator, might this be the ultimate home tube amp many of us are waiting for?

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
javari
Sep 7 2008, 09:29 PM
GMC:er
well, I have the Fender equivalent of this amp, that is the Princeton recording amp.
It has roughly the same features, 15 W, power attenuator, XLR out for recording, but it hasn't the possibility to switch between different types of power tubes.
The Fender is over € 1200.... ohmy.gif That about four times as expensive.
I know that you probably paying for the name Fender but I think the price difference is very big.
I'm very suspicious about the quality of this amp. A good power soak costs about the same as this whole amp..

So either it is a very good deal, or Peavy has made some serious compromises about quality.

On the demo films it's not sounding bad though, I like to see and feel it...

BTW, the Fender is a really good sounding amp biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:11 AM