2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sold Out! Of Rg565 Genesis
Todd Simpson
Jan 1 2021, 10:51 AM
GMC:er
Yup! Just barely after they were released, it's getting harder to find a RG565 Genesis. It's not shocking really. After all, ibby fan boys have been lusting after this axe for decades. They probably way underestimated demand per usual and now places like sweetwater have run out of them.
Attached Image

Whats worse is that now I'm seeing them on reverb.com for $500 over what they were going for NEW on sweetwater!!
Attached Image

I hope they do another run of these. I just hope they don't over produce them and start getting slack on the quality control as sometimes happens. I'd love to have one of these. I'm going to try to save up for one and maybe BEN and I can do a RG565 solo collab!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 1 2021, 10:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 1 2021, 11:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've gone ahead and sent the German shop Thomann a message, asking if a pre-order means paying now or when the guitar is sent. It says "can be sent in several months". I've put 330 USD aside for now, hoping I get some more cash for my birthday in January, then at the end of January I should be able to put another 330 USD aside, and same for the end of February. Then I'll be getting close smile.gif I could possibly put more aside, but then I'd be living on bread and water.

It's currently at 1250 USD here in Denmark/Germany.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 1 2021, 11:29 AM
From memory I only noticed inconsistencies with lower-end indo models with ibanez, might take a while to fill stocks but I'm sure they'll be just as nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2021, 02:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Andertons say they have some on order due in end of Feb. Price is pretty good, I thought they would be more but then again, they're not Prestige.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ibanez-genesis-...ASABEgIOlvD_BwE

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 1 2021, 04:10 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2021, 01:27 PM) *
Andertons say they have some on order due in end of Feb. Price is pretty good, I thought they would be more but then again, they're not Prestige.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ibanez-genesis-...ASABEgIOlvD_BwE

Made in Japan is basically prestige quality. Actually, minor historic inconsistency is the neck which is direct from modern prestige shape.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2021, 04:36 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 1 2021, 03:10 PM) *
Made in Japan is basically prestige quality. Actually, minor historic inconsistency is the neck which is direct from modern prestige shape.

I wonder why the price is below £1000? Cheapest Prestige is £1100, maybe no hard case etc

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 1 2021, 04:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've just seen that it says "Next Delivery Due: 3 Months or Longer" on Andertons too on the Emerald Green on that I want. It's okay though, as I still need to save up.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ibanez-genesis-...5-emerald-green

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 1 2021, 04:39 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 1 2021, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2021, 03:36 PM) *
I wonder why the price is below £1000? Cheapest Prestige is £1100, maybe no hard case etc

I didn't check if it has hardcase but not having dimarzio to me justifies it.

One actually profits if the dimarzio's are included but 90% of the time they use Air-norton, Tonezone. But the advantage of non-dimarzio is upgrading PU's gets cheaper.

The v8 on them shouldn't be bad but they're made in asia if I remember right. I'd prefer dimarzio's to them but no way v8's are deal breakers for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2021, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 1 2021, 04:38 PM) *

One actually profits if the dimarzio's are included but 90% of the time they use Air-norton, Tonezone. But the advantage of non-dimarzio is upgrading PU's gets cheaper.

The v8 on them shouldn't be bad but they're made in asia if I remember right. I'd prefer dimarzio's to them but no way v8's are deal breakers for me.

My RG1570 has a V7/S1/V8 and is possibly the cheapest Prestige so you may have a point wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 1 2021, 09:17 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 1 2021, 08:37 PM
The RG565 GENESIS is a MIJ (Made in Japan) Ibanez. It's not an "indo". It's the real thing. These are amazing guitars.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 1 2021, 06:29 AM) *
From memory I only noticed inconsistencies with lower-end indo models with ibanez, might take a while to fill stocks but I'm sure they'll be just as nice.

They are using the original pickup design from the original guitar in the bridge which was a very aggressive alnico that gave the guitar it's signature sound. Purists like myself are stoked they brought back the old pups to keep it as close to "stock" as possible. Still, folks can always swap out pups.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 1 2021, 12:38 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 1 2021, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 1 2021, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 1 2021, 07:34 PM) *
The RG565 GENESIS is a MIJ (Made in Japan) Ibanez. It's not an "indo". It's the real thing. These are amazing guitars.

Yeah thats what I was going for, should have been more clear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2021, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 1 2021, 07:37 PM) *
They are using the original pickup design from the original guitar in the bridge which was a very aggressive alnico that gave the guitar it's signature sound. Purists like myself are stoked they brought back the old pups to keep it as close to "stock" as possible. Still, folks can always swap out pups.

My RG1570 has the V8 bridge with alnico 5, is that the same pickup? I've always found it a little muddy to be honest. Mind you, the RG1570 isn't a very vibrant and bright sounding guitar when unplugged, maybe it's the wood??

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 1 2021, 09:30 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 1 2021, 10:19 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2021, 08:21 PM) *
My RG1570 has the V8 bridge with alnico 5, is that the same pickup? I've always found it a little muddy to be honest. Mind you, the RG1570 isn't a very vibrant and bright sounding guitar when unplugged, maybe it's the wood??

You're right those PU's do overall sound a bit weak/muddy when played clean, although some can make nice fender-ish cleans with in-between switch positions its design goal was purely distortion.

It doesn't get sharp on the highs but more importantly the mid.s retain a musical vibe (sort of the ibanez signature tone) despite what amp is chosen to work with insane gain.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 1 2021, 10:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2021, 01:21 AM
I've got the original V2 alnico in my RG560 and It's what got me in to passive alnico pickups. I've always loved the way it sounded. The V8 was just the later version. I honestly prefer these to just about any other pups I've ever heard in the basswood Ibbys. But you know what they say, tone is in the fingers more than anything else. Then again, everyone's mileage will vary.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 1 2021, 05:19 PM) *
You're right those PU's do overall sound a bit weak/muddy when played clean, although some can make nice fender-ish cleans with in-between switch positions its design goal was purely distortion.

It doesn't get sharp on the highs but more importantly the mid.s retain a musical vibe (sort of the ibanez signature tone) despite what amp is chosen to work with insane gain.

It's not a "Prestige" smile.gif It's a reissue of a "mid range" guitar. Back when these were built they were in the middle of the range in terms of cost and in terms of materials used. So while it's a real "MIJ" Ibby, with the original WIZARD 17mm Neck profile (although, this time it's a five piece neck so it's less likely to warp under load) it's still using lower cost bits including the pups.

For hardcore ibby nuts, this is the "unicorn" Ibby. it' was only made for one year. It's one of the few Ibbys ever to use the humbucker/dual single coil/no faceplace/reverse headstock combination. On top of that, it just looks cool. smile.gif Ibby fans have been fighting over the originals on the used market for decades.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2021, 11:36 AM) *
It's noI wonder why the price is below £1000? Cheapest Prestige is £1100, maybe no hard case etc

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 2 2021, 01:24 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2021, 02:20 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 2 2021, 12:21 AM) *
I've got the original V2 alnico in my RG560 and It's what got me in to passive alnico pickups. I've always loved the way it sounded. The V8 was just the later version. I honestly prefer these to just about any other pups I've ever heard in the basswood Ibbys. But you know what they say, tone is in the fingers more than anything else. Then again, everyone's mileage will vary.

My RG1570 sounds quite flat unplugged, if I pick up my PRS SE Custom24 it has much more sparkle, higher frequencies come through, the difference is like putting a pillow in from of a speaker if you know what I mean wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2021, 03:08 AM
Yup. I hear ya. Some guitars just sound brighter and have more sparkle. Some axes are very resonant event when not plugged in to an amp. The PRS axes are quite just very nice well built guitars to be sure.

Your prestige is a better guitar than the RG565 genesis as well imho, just better materials, pups etc. Then again it's a prestige so it should be a bit better. The 565 is still a mid range guitar that doesn't even come with a case, just like it didn't when first released. I'd still love to have one of the 565 "gennies" though, even over a better quality prestige instrument. Just always wanted one.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2021, 09:20 AM) *
My RG1570 sounds quite flat unplugged, if I pick up my PRS SE Custom24 it has much more sparkle, higher frequencies come through, the difference is like putting a pillow in from of a speaker if you know what I mean wink.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 3 2021, 03:11 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 3 2021, 12:56 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2021, 01:20 PM) *

PRS's are particularly bright when listened both acoustic even compared to Gibson/Epi's. It's not only the wood choice but ibanez floating trem.s also affect brightness. Like, when you hit a chord and touch the trem. you'll notice its vibrating a lot cause they're super sensitive.

But if you want to brighten an ibanez a bit, my first advice is rather than changing PU's try blocking to trem. . If you don't pull the trem. and won't miss that functionality, it can be blocked to be dive-only. It's not a huge difference but noticable. Other advantages are tuning gets much easier and when you bend a note, other notes won't be affected.

Tremol-no is popular but I went something cheap like this; https://www.amazon.com/AmplifiedParts-Tremo...C6M2MZFK4BFAGWZ

It should take a few minutes for your luthier to install and setup if needed. If you don't like it just back-off the screw and the trem. would function as usual.

After that as my guitar aged, I changed the wires and pots in it too. That affected more than I imagined and I'm still thinking about changing one of the pots to 250k to smooth some highs. HO/PO like stuff gets easier but overall cause of the brightness every stupid mistake starts to really show itself biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 3 2021, 01:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2021, 01:19 PM
I have a Tremel-No in my Squire HMIII, years ago the OEM Trem wore out and I put a Schaller on there and that eventually lost stability. Works a treat but blocking is the cheapest option.

That Trem Stopper is a simple but effective design if you still want to dive but won't help with other strings when bending, swings and roundabouts. I might make a few of those and sell them on eBay wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 3 2021, 01:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 3 2021, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 3 2021, 12:19 PM) *
That Trem Stopper is a simple but effective design if you still want to dive but won't help with other strings when bending...

It will, all you have to do is screw the spring-tree harder so the springs will give more resistance to the trem. This also results theoretically in more body vibrance as the trem. passes vibration to the body better with stringer connection pressiure to the cheap trem. stopper. But just don't over-tighten or diving will need to much strength.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2021, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 3 2021, 01:22 PM) *
It will, all you have to do is screw the spring-tree harder so the springs will give more resistance to the trem. This also results theoretically in more body vibrance as the trem. passes vibration to the body better with stringer connection pressiure to the cheap trem. stopper. But just don't over-tighten or diving will need to much strength.

Oh yes, I hadn't thought of that, doh rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:18 PM