My Finger Are Burning!, What product you put in your fingers when they are hurted??
MikaEl Calafat
Aug 17 2009, 04:18 PM
GMC:er
im going to buy somthing in to the farmacy for my fingers. who recomend me somthing?? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
From Mallorca: Hard Training to be great!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 17 2009, 04:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Personally, if cold water don't do the trick, I use Aloe Vera. Works great ^^

If it results from guitarplaying, it's a good burn though tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Aug 17 2009, 04:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 17 2009, 04:35 PM
Nothing:D
No water, because if skin gets weak, or calluses burn, you put water on em, they get soft. They will rip very quickly DONT DO IT:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 17 2009, 04:41 PM
Lets go fishing!

In my opinion (and experience) its good to work through the pain, and let your finger tips harden up. You want tough skin on the end of your fingers so practicing wont hurt smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 17 2009, 04:42 PM
Instructor
I was going to say the same as mattacuk. But of course don't push over the limit. Get rest then continue

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 17 2009, 04:49 PM
+1 for the "work through it" but I would rest them over night or for an entire day. They will harden and you will really be able to lay on the callous layers.

You ARE talking about pain in the tips, not in your joints... right?

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 17 2009, 04:52 PM
Lets go fishing!

I protect my Callusus to the point where my fretting hand hardly ever sees water laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 17 2009, 04:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I stand corrected, and have learned something myself! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Aug 17 2009, 04:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
No pain no gain bro biggrin.gif Guitar gods dont ever use anything to relieve the pain, as they love it more than anything else !!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 17 2009, 06:15 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
My skin on the fingertips usually just falls off a long with the pain laugh.gif

After a while its very temporary, and you don't notice it so much.

+Quote Post
dusty
Aug 17 2009, 07:10 PM
give it a break for a couple of days mate, you will find that this has the added benifit of helping your playing as well by giving your head the time to subconciously order what you where trying to practice.

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 17 2009, 09:10 PM
Instructor
What exactly is wrong with your fingers? What part of the fingers are "burning". Did you overdo with practice or there is another reason?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Aug 17 2009, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Rest your fingers awhile or practice a bit less. After that you can be a guitar hero yet!

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 18 2009, 04:28 AM
Learning Roadie
I see you just joined so assume you have only begun to play recently. I never used anything for my fingers. I used some ibuprofen for some other aches when I first started playing but just worked through the finger thing. You may be trying to rush things a bit. Play until it hurts a little, then play a little more and give it a rest. Eventually you will be able to practice as much as you can stand it pain free.

Or soak em in cider. (that's a joke I had pulled on me back when I hurt my finger doing something at work along time ago and I will not explain it if you don't get it.)

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 18 2009, 11:54 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
As others said, it's completely normal. Stop if you see that the skin is peeling off. You don't want the skin to peel, but to harden, after a few months you'll fingertips will be tough enough to play as long as you wish! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:03 PM