Andrew Cockburn
Aug 9 2008, 09:21 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok SOTW rhythm ists smile.gif

I have:

Marcus S
Lian
Daniel

Lets have a chat about how we do this, and what your preferences are while the others record their solos.

I have a couple of ideas but would like to hear what you all think ...

Firstly, Daniel has already come up with some great ideas to add to the basic riff.

Marcus and Lian, would you like to trade verses with the basic riff, or would you like to play different things?

One Idea I had for the basic riff was to have you both play it and pan you left and right for a more powerful sound, I think that would work well for the opening riff, and then maybe you would like to each take a different crack at the verse and chorus rhythm guitar?

Let me know what you think as I am not a rhythm guitarist and would welcome your input!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 10 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Panning 2 guitars left and right is for sure the best option, this would be fine for me. As for parts, I am open for anything,but I think it would make the most sense to let everybody play kinda the whole thing, like this we would get even 3 rhythm guitar layers, we could pan one in the middle. What do you guys think?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Aug 10 2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor
yes, that´s cool idea... no problem for me... just tell me what I´ve to do. Marcus´ advices are great too! when we start biggrin.gif ?

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Aug 10 2008, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 11 2008, 12:56 AM
Yes, I like that idea Marcus smile.gif We will end up with a monster rhythm section driving this thing to insanity smile.gif And with 3 parts, we can mix different players up at different times to add a little prominence here and there too.

I am thinking for the first riff though, we should keep it authentic, and everyone playing the same until we get into the first verse, then you guys can do what you like from that point on smile.gif

If everyone is ok with this lets do it like that!

Ok, I think for rhythm, as for bass, we need to wait for the arrangement to crystalize a little more, in particular I need to see how many and what type of solos we end up with, then I can make a backing track for you all to record the whole song to.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Aug 11 2008, 02:40 AM
Instructor
cool for me andrew!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 11 2008, 09:10 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
fine for me too smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Aug 11 2008, 10:37 AM
Instructor
Sounds like a Plan stan!

Daniel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 11 2008, 12:36 PM
Great - we'll let the prima-donna soloists sort themselves out then we'll get on with the serious business of bass and rhythm smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:48 PM