New Fender Tele
Mertay
Sep 27 2014, 06:05 PM
GMC:er

This definitely an interesting one;

Personally I love the bridge pickups on Tele's, they sound great when distorted and I mean shred zone smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 27 2014, 06:06 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Yash
Sep 27 2014, 07:13 PM
Looks nice because it is BLACK! Other than that, I don't know anything about Tele's. tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 27 2014, 07:32 PM
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 27 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Looks nice because it is BLACK! Other than that, I don't know anything about Tele's. tongue.gif

Beware the tele players! biggrin.gif seriously whoever I saw owning a tele usually has some nice tricks, interesting breed of guitars they are smile.gif

But even if its a squire, go check a tele someday. I wasn't very familiar till recently too until a friend of mine bought a squier and upgraded the pickups. He has 5 guitars, 2 are ibanez (a 6 and 7 string) and for a while now he's only been playing his tele.

Bridge as said is very shred friendly although there aren't many videos on web that support that (cleans are dynamic and ballsy), but the neck isn't chimney like a strat single. Very clean and uses narrower freq. range so it can also pop with certain amp settings.

But this one uses all bridge pickups! pickups are from custom shop but the guitar is mexican so it chould also be a nice deal. I'd expect it to be wild when hard driven though not so sure how the cleans would be.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 27 2014, 07:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 27 2014, 08:05 PM
As mainly a Telecaster player myself I think that's a pretty cool axe.
In the vid it has a lot of Strat qualities to it due to the 3 pkups but the angle of the pkups make it somewhat unique even amongst 'Nashville' type Teles (3 pkup telecasters).

I did my own 3 pkup Tele.
Gretsch 'filtertron' in the neck, Strat in the middle and slightly overwound Tele at the bridge.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Sep 28 2014, 01:00 AM
I absolutely LOVE Tele's, and that looks like a nice variation.

I was never really interested in the "Nashville" Tele with the 3rd pickup until I saw this:

This is Fender's American Vintage 60's Hot Rod Telecaster, and they've basically taken a nitro finished, vintage correct guitar, and updated it with a compound radius neck, locking tuners, and modern frets, then added a 5 way switch and a Texas Special single coil Strat pickup in the middle. There's also the S1 switch which lets you add the bridge pickup with positions 3, 4, and 5.

It's really like the best of a Tele and Strat, and I am totally loving this guitar, and can see it taking the place of 2 or 3 others.

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 28 2014, 08:14 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I like teles cool.gif Im thinking about getting one or at least a tele type guitar next.
Im not sure about the middle pickup but that's just because I had issues with the middle pup on the ibby, the height and position were horrible for me but that tele does sound very good in the vid.

I was seriously considering the Rob Chapman signature tele type model. Set through neck, seymour duncan lil 59 and hot rails, coil tap. I think it sounds really good.

skip to around 5:30 to hear it playing.
It would be interesting to hear what the tele guys think of this one.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 27 2014, 08:05 PM) *
I did my own 3 pkup Tele.
Gretsch 'filtertron' in the neck, Strat in the middle and slightly overwound Tele at the bridge.

Thats a very nice looking tele you have there smile.gif is it one of your older guitars?

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 28 2014, 09:22 AM
Learning Roadie
I love Teles I'll be building a double humbucker one when I have the funds to add to my current tele.

Surprisingly I spend a lot of time in the middle position of my Tele, a great sparkley/chimey tone there.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 28 2014, 03:32 PM
Learning Roadie
This guitar made me think about building a Paul Gilbert inspired Tele

Great colour, double bound in black but rear routed, and two fake F holes and Floyd rose bridge. Double humbucker or HSH

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 28 2014, 03:46 PM
With a 3 pickup Tele you do have to get used to (deal with) the pickup in the middle being 'in the way' for most players. The spacing is slightly different than with a Strat. On mine, I put in a hotter middle (strat) pickup so I could lower it considerably to get it out of the way of my hand.

Personally, I much prefer the trad 2 pickup telecaster set up for this reason. And also, with 3 pkups, you have more magnetic pull on the strings which takes away from the Tele tone a bit.

3 pkup Teles can be super versatile but there is a trade off.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 28 2014, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2014, 11:32 PM
Instructor
I like Telecaster guitars, I would like to have one in the future but I think that I would go for a 2 double pick ups instead of 3 single ones. But off course this depends on the style that you are planning to play. I have seen players playing extreme metal and off course blues and country on this guitars, and the main difference is on the pick ups that you choose.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Oct 7 2014, 08:19 PM
Learning Roadie
+1 Gab, John 5 plays a mean tele!!!

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Oct 7 2014, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 PM