Check Your Bank / Credit Card Statements Regularly!
JTaylor
May 14 2012, 01:57 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey everybody!
As most of you know, a lot of people are out to scam others these days and take money that they have no right to. Stealing is very prevalent and fraudulent charges end up on bank (debit) and credit cards all the time. What a lot of these crooks do is put a little charge (anywhere from $1.00 to $10.00) on your card, hoping you won't catch it. Since my wife is a banker, we are very militant about watching what money we do have. Last week, a charge for $10.03 appeared on my card from a site called "coolwebgames.com". This site does not even exist. We filled out the paperwork at the bank and we will be reimbursed. Make sure to keep an eye on your statements, so someone does not just help themselves to your money!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2012, 02:05 PM
Instructor
That's incredible man. Thanks for your and sharing this experience. I don't use/have credit card by the moment but I'll prevent my family and friends.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 14 2012, 02:18 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks for sharing. While I haven't been on this fraud, I have been in some weird situations twice regarding bank charges. I had several sites that I subscribed to and I even didn't know it was set to "auto renew". Mostly it seems to happen that way. So, twice I had low amount in bank and they charged. The sites didn't even send a renew warning. While I have been refunded, PayPal charges automatically on the bank if there is in sufficient amount in PayPal. So, I have to get 25$ from bank which went to negative balance and got me charged a bank fee of $35. Twice in 2 years.

So, just to conclude, do check on your "auto renewal" sites regularly. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 14 2012, 04:46 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (maharzan @ May 14 2012, 09:18 AM) *
Thanks for sharing. While I haven't been on this fraud, I have been in some weird situations twice regarding bank charges. I had several sites that I subscribed to and I even didn't know it was set to "auto renew". Mostly it seems to happen that way. So, twice I had low amount in bank and they charged. The sites didn't even send a renew warning. While I have been refunded, PayPal charges automatically on the bank if there is in sufficient amount in PayPal. So, I have to get 25$ from bank which went to negative balance and got me charged a bank fee of $35. Twice in 2 years.

So, just to conclude, do check on your "auto renewal" sites regularly. smile.gif

Definitely a good point! smile.gif I've got to cancel my GMC and then start it again with my new number. Kind of a pain to do that, but pretty easy when compared with other things! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 14 2012, 05:04 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
yep, when its set to annual, its even harder as you almost forget it after a year. Worst thing is, these renewals are definitely not easy to find in PayPal, its so hidden inside different menus. I had to look up a tutorial to figure one out. sad.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 14 2012, 07:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow. Good thing you caught it! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 15 2012, 04:51 AM
Instructor
I have been through it! Very annoying when someone taking your money! It took me a while to figure out that someone is stealing money from me!
Now I have a few cards that I am using and I am watching out for every transaction I do!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 15 2012, 06:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yes, thanks for this thread !

To check bank accounts minimum twice a week should be done regularly .

Pay Pal is an easy way to make payment - but very unsecured and nearly every week you can find threads from people who

having lots of trouble with that .

Thats why a lot of people who would like to sign in here in GMC , just don't do it because of must using Paypal.

Creditcards (Mastercards) not everyone has it - in germany not that common like in america - to many bad news always about that too!

What i want to say , there should be more ways to make payment here in GMC .

GMC is used all over the world and sure for some areas there is no choice right now- than Paypal and credit card.

But for europe there should be other ways too !

Prices are in Dollar , to transfer other foreign currency cost money .

For europeans prices could be in EURO too , would save costs , and make pay at once easy to GMC account directly or even Writing Off possibility.

Have ALL a GOOD DAY !
Dieter

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 15 2012, 12:38 PM
Apprentice Roadie
[quote name='Dieterle' date='May 15 2012, 01:49 AM' post='584258']

Creditcards (Mastercards) not everyone has it - in germany not that common like in america - to many bad news always about that too!

Very smart! I do love my country but credit is one of the reasons why our economy is so bad. Too many of us wanting something and not having the patience to wait. I fell into that trap and paid heavily for it. The only things I will finance now are my house and my student loans.

Very interesting! We pay a 45 cent international fee for overseas transactions but that is all. I've never used PayPal so I'm not familiar with it.

This post has been edited by JTaylor: May 15 2012, 12:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 15 2012, 05:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player

Very smart! I do love my country but credit is one of the reasons why our economy is so bad. Too many of us wanting something and not having the patience to wait. I fell into that trap and paid heavily for it. The only things I will finance now are my house and my student loans.

Very interesting! We pay a 45 cent international fee for overseas transactions but that is all. I've never used PayPal so I'm not familiar with it.
[/quote]

To finance a house and student loans is a good way it is really something for the future and right now - this is smart !

overseas transaction out of europe are about 2-3 % from the amount

pay pal as i know right now out of EURO for Buyer free and for Seller i think 3 % from amount.

45 cent international fee is a fair price !

As i know GMC is in Sweden - Europe at least inside Europe should be easy to transfer and cheaper too for GMC - as far i know GMC has to pay the paypal money exchange fee 3 % .

America is a GOOD COUNTRY and EUROPE too - we all have to take care about it !

Have a good time !

Dieter

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:58 AM