2 Pages V  < 1 2  
I Have A Problem
chetta2323
Dec 29 2008, 06:53 AM
GMC:er
ok heres the problem The Bridge is messed up and when I put strings on the strings always ring out and the only way for me to get it to stop is to raise the bridge really high. ive also been messing with the springs

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 29 2008, 07:15 AM
QUOTE (chetta2323 @ Dec 29 2008, 06:53 AM) *
ok heres the problem The Bridge is messed up and when I put strings on the strings always ring out and the only way for me to get it to stop is to raise the bridge really high. ive also been messing with the springs

Take it to the guitar shop and have it set up properly. You should not have to raise your bridge at all. Like I said, if everything was fine before you took off the old strings, you need to put the bridge height back exactly where it was. You only need to raise the bridge, or adjust the neck tenon, if you had fret buzzing problems with the old set of strings. If you had no fret buzz, return it to where it was.
Is the new set of strings a heavier gauge than the old set? If it is, all you need to adjust is the spring tree...not the bridge. If I were you, I'd take it to a Guitar Adjustment Facility, and have the Guitar Adjustment Facility Technician let you watch to get an idea of how to do it yourself. You can also google 'guitar setup/Floyd Rose' to find some good info regarding your situation. I bid you a good evening. blink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
wrk
Dec 29 2008, 07:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
As FrankW said, don't mess with the bridge height if it was ok before.
Could you check if the bridge is well in place again?
It easily can happen that the bridge is hanging to low on the two screws.

If possible, can you add a photo of the bridge?

+Quote Post
Roko
Dec 29 2008, 08:18 AM
Okay--
Firstly, calm down. Second of all, you're not alone. On my old SG, I took all of the strings off for the first time, and then suddenly I had the exact same problem as you. All you have to do is raise the bridge. It's called intonating your guitar. If you have to raise it really high, then so be it. Your strings won't break. I don't advise playing for a little bit, say, a day or two ( I know, it's difficult ); this will let the bridge sit and the strings slowly adjust to the bridge. If this fails, then you can always get a new bridge or have a professional repair it, and it will be for under 700 $. I guarantee you.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 30 2008, 02:26 AM
QUOTE (chetta2323 @ Dec 28 2008, 10:38 PM) *
thanks a lot i fixed it. i was so scared because that was a 700 dollar guitar and i thought it was done for. thanks a lot

Be aware that you may have dullened the edges, causing instability of tuning.
If this is the case, you have to get them sharpened.

+Quote Post
chetta2323
Jan 5 2009, 08:57 PM
hey i took my guitar to the shop and they said it would take 85 bucs to replace some parts and set the bride back up because i messed the strings up is this a good deal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Setup work is usually between 60 to 100 $ for what you needed so you got yourself a nice deal smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:06 PM