> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Minion Dave's Practice Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2014, 03:28 AM
Instructor
Hi Carmine! This is our thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you to improve your guitar playing in order to achieve your wished goals and keeping motivation.

Here is some info that you shared with me:

Goals:
Playing along with your favorite songs
Jamming over your favorite songs
Polishing technique

Do you have anything else to add?
Could you please write a list of 20 songs that you'd like to learn?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 11 2015, 02:44 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 20 2014, 08:49 AM
GMC:er
Thanks Gab
I will give you the list as for your request, just remember that I do not need to perform or record neither playing in front of people. I am out of tune but I sing along while listening (sometimes): that's it but with the guitar, I may just joining the band, while listenting the cd, during the chorus or the intro or the main part of the solo.
At the beginning we can choose together someithing easier or some "in the syle of" lesson here at GMC.
Anyway in the very (very) long run the aim will be:
U2: Streets no name, With or without you,I still have find what...., One, Sunday...,
Pink Floyd: Another brick..., Comfortably Numb, Wish you were here
Police: Message in a bottle, Every breathe..., walking on the moon
Rolling Stone: Start me up, Brown Sugar
Santana: Samba Pa Ti, Black Magic Woman, Europe
Simon & Garfunkel: Mrs Robinson
Jimy: Winds Cries Mary
Franz Ferdinand: Take me Out

I think they are 19 happy.gif Anyway any other "classical" song will be welcome. I think you got an idea of the style of music

Anyway this list should be a guide only to decide the GMC lessons to study.

Thanks
Carmine

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2014, 05:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Carmine! Thanks for the additions.

I was thinking that maybe we could start working on this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Police-Roxanne/

We had it here at GMC, it's a real song, and we have backings at difference tempos for practice. Then you can also use the album song to play along.

About your singing, being able to sing in pitch would be very good because it is achieved training your ear which is a must for every guitarist. I believe that the world can be divided between musicians with good ear and those who don't have it trained. These are some advantages:

- You can notice when your guitar is out of tune.
- You can jam over progressions without knowing the theory behind, you will hear which notes work and which ones not.
- You will have more sense of musicality and taste.
- You'll be able to sing.
- You'll be able to make the connection between your mind and guitar smoother.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 21 2014, 04:48 PM
Gab,
Will start the lesson during the week. Thanks a lot
Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2014, 05:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carmine Marotta @ Jul 21 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Gab,
Will start the lesson during the week. Thanks a lot
Carmine

Excellent! It would be good if you practicing some singing every day in order to train your ear and also to be able to sing on pitch. As I said previously. What do you think?

Some years ago, I worked with Luciana (Singing GMC Instructor) on some singing lessons specially designed for guitarists. I would like to recommend you to give a try to this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson5/
and please tell me what you think.

Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 22 2014, 07:27 AM
It would great but I think I should concentrate just on the guitar for now. Saying that I will have a look at the lessons anyway. I have just realised that singing can improve my musical and guitar skills.
Thanks
Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2014, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Yeah! That's what we are talking about! It can have a dramatic impact in your playing and improvisations. Also this should not affect your guitar practice because it would be enough to dedicate 10/15 minutes every day to some practice. That's why I suggested that lesson that is exactly based on connecting voice and guitar. If you explore the other singing lessons, you will find some others based on scales and modes that can be also helpful. If you organize your time wisely, you'll be able to add this to your diary routine.

How much time per day can you practice?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 22 2014, 07:56 PM
Gab
thanks for your comment on the REC. I think it would be better to start off with some technique lessons before the songs.
Cosmin is taking me through the Beginner Corner lessons. Shall we do something like Ben picking hand basic or Vibrato no 5 (as for your suggestion?)? Also, is there any basic rhythm lessons? Bear Rose ones are a bit trickier than they should be (in my idea) and I think I need to have the basic done before.

I am studying Roxanne anyway. Regarding time, I hope I can give guitar one hour a day.

Thanks
Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2014, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Carmine! Great to know that this helped. Yes, off course that some technique training could really help you to polish your playing. This will have a great impact in your playing, songs with sound better if you train your technique.

Those lessons that you suggested are really good for this. I was thinking that maybe you could add a diary routine based on technique. Maybe something like this?

Warming up (7 minutes)

Alternate Picking (10 minutes)

Legato (10 minutes)

Vibrato (10 minutes)

Bending (10 minutes)

We can choose lessons for each topic. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 24 2014, 02:20 PM
Gab
what about if we start with:
Picking Hand Basic: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
and
Bens Vibrato Odyssey 5 https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

I was thinking I will send you a record of the first part of both (video part 2 of both lessons) possible at lesson speed. Though I do not know how long it will take for me to post the video.
Sounds fine?

Carmine

This post has been edited by Carmine Marotta: Jul 24 2014, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2014, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Well, I was thinking on a more complete plan, check out this idea and let me know what you think.

Warming up
http://youtu.be/e9tCQftFIAs

Alternate Picking (10 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Legato (10 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Vibrato (10 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

Bending (10 minutes)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 25 2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks Gab.
I will take my time with them. I will try to post something on the way of learning to check if I am on the right path.
However I will take my time for them, fine?

Regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carmine Marotta @ Jul 25 2014, 04:43 PM) *
Thanks Gab.
I will take my time with them. I will try to post something on the way of learning to check if I am on the right path.
However I will take my time for them, fine?

Regards
Carmine

Hi Carmine, yes, there is no hurry here, the idea is to keep on working every day in order to achieve you goals and also to keep motivation. However I recommend you two important things:

Diary practice: One of the goals that we set is technique practice. Technique practice is like going to the gim, if you want to see results you have to go at least 3 times per week, but if you want to see big results you have to go every day. With guitar technique happens the same, the more frequent you practice, the faster you will note the improvements.

Recording and posting videos: It's always helpful to post videos of your progress here at the site, no matter if you still can master the lesson or exercise. It will allow us to give you some feedback and correction and that make you save a lot of time of wrong practice. So please post videos every time you can.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 26 2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks Gabriel.
Just because is the first lesson, can you please check this short video. It is just the first 8th note of Ben's Picking lesson at slower tempo than the original, just to check I am starting rightly.
Thanks again
Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2014, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Good job Carmine, just a few things to have in mind.

Timing: Be sure to keep the timing tight with the rhythm. Each down-stroke should sound with the drum kick (beat) which makes it easier to play but the problem is more notorious with upstrokes that tend to sound a bit after it should be. There are two tricks that you can use to help yourself to play tighter. The first one is to mark the beats with your foot and/or head. This will make you feel more the tempo with all your body and your playing will sound definitely tighter. The second trick is to make an inner count of 8th notes. This means that you think 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 in eight notes while you play.

Accentuation: It's a good exercise to try to play the notes that fall jus over the beat a bit stronger to get the feel of the rhythm figure that it's being played. In this case the first of each group of 2 8th notes.

Muting: Be careful with your muting to avoid extra noises from other strings. I usually mute the lower string with the palm of my right hand and the closer strings (upper and downer) with the index finder of my left hand.

Ok Carmine! Keep on the hard work, it's great to see you motivated. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 27 2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks Gab
I noticed all the issues by myself while recording. I will keep doing these exercises on a daily basis and will post any now and then. I think is better taking time on these before other lessons. By the way, is there any gym for chords switching and right hand workouts?
Once again thanks
Carmine

This post has been edited by Carmine Marotta: Jul 27 2014, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2014, 07:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Carmine. This sounds good.

About your question, yes, we have workouts for everything! smile.gif

When you say "right hand workouts", do you refer to rhythm?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 28 2014, 07:59 PM
Yes Gab, that's right.

Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2014, 08:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carmine Marotta @ Jul 28 2014, 03:59 PM) *
Yes Gab, that's right.

Carmine

Well, we already have a routine for this week, but we can incorporate a section for rhythm and chord changes. The best way to train this is working on musical GMC rhythm lesson. Check these ones and let me know which are your favorites: HERE

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 28 2014, 10:04 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 28 2014, 08:42 PM) *
Well, we already have a routine for this week,

Thanks Gab
I will look at it. Regarding the previous lessons, I don't see them like a "this week" program but an ongoing one. I am proceeding very slowly, everyday but slowly.

Thanks
Carmine

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:37 PM