My Second Album Design
Juan M. Valero
Apr 20 2008, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Well, I've been working on the design of my second solo album, and that's the result. I did it by myself so it's really simple tongue.gif

So what do you think ?? and please be sincere !! wink.gif

I will release it as soon as possible, I just need to write a text (I will write it in another post because I want that you correct my misspellings tongue.gif ) and find the correct sizes for the pics (does somebody knows them ?? biggrin.gif)

Another think, this album is FOR FREE, and I'm gonna ask Kris if can upload it also to GMC website and if somebody want to write a review o just write few words about it I will be very pleased.
well, I put a DONATION LINK in Myspace so when you listen to it you will be able to make a small (or big) contribution.

That's all, I will speak more about this album when I complete it biggrin.gif See you !!
Please comment what do you think about this design, I can do some changes yet tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 20 2008, 11:57 AM
Instructor
very nice design juan but you have to clear your picture

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 20 2008, 12:09 PM
GMC:er
Nice simple and effective design only crit i have is that the sharp edge that seperates the sun(or moon) from the maintheeme, if you could blur it out and let the smoke travel alittle bit into the text it would be nice, thats just my opinion smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 20 2008, 12:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Siggum @ Apr 20 2008, 01:09 PM) *
Nice simple and effective design only crit i have is that the sharp edge that seperates the sun(or moon) from the maintheeme, if you could blur it out and let the smoke travel alittle bit into the text it would be nice, thats just my opinion smile.gif

yeah, that's a good idea, I don't know if could do this, but I'll try it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 20 2008, 12:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Loving the back juan not to sure about the front the writings cool but the pic does not look quite right not being cheeky but if you would like i could have a quick go at it
P.s i would defo buy the album of ya

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
StringBender
Apr 20 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi Juan,

Question: What genre is your CD in?
Would like to know that before I give my opinion.

--------------------
Guitar: Ibanez Gio
Amp: Kustom
FX: Line 6 Pod X3
DAW: Cubase SE 3, Reason 3
Synth: Roland Fantom X6 Workstation
PC:P4 Win XP Dual 2.6 Ghz 2 GB RAM ATI Radeon 9200

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 20 2008, 12:37 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I sometimes buy albums based on the cover, lots of times this will tell plenty of what's to expect from the music.
Sorry but I would not buy this based on it's cover. I'd only get it since it's you and I know you rock.
The cover gives a lot of signals about this album that I'm sure isn't supposed to be.

If I were you, I'd change it completely.

That's my sincere and honest answer wink.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 20 2008, 01:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (StringBender @ Apr 20 2008, 01:20 PM) *
Hi Juan,

Question: What genre is your CD in?
Would like to know that before I give my opinion.

mmm it's a really difficult question... heavy metal with some progresive, "happy metal", electronic, experimental and also symphonic... XD

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2008, 01:53 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Cant wait for it, Im really impressed with what i heard before. Looks to be awesome! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 20 2008, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Apr 20 2008, 01:13 PM) *
Loving the back juan not to sure about the front the writings cool but the pic does not look quite right not being cheeky but if you would like i could have a quick go at it
P.s i would defo buy the album of ya

well, I wanted a pic that reminds my avatar, so I get it with some changes...

QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 20 2008, 01:37 PM) *
I sometimes buy albums based on the cover, lots of times this will tell plenty of what's to expect from the music.
Sorry but I would not buy this based on it's cover. I'd only get it since it's you and I know you rock.
The cover gives a lot of signals about this album that I'm sure isn't supposed to be.

If I were you, I'd change it completely.

That's my sincere and honest answer wink.gif

Thanks for your answer MickeM, mmm maybe this front is not apropiate for my style... it's really difficult !!! blink.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 20 2008, 02:40 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I think it's a good idea, but too rough if you understand.
Should be worked on some more to get it clearer and smoother smile.gif

If you want I'll help you out, I work as a Graphic Designer and know a few tricks wink.gif

+Quote Post
StringBender
Apr 20 2008, 02:47 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Apr 20 2008, 02:43 PM) *
mmm it's a really difficult question... heavy metal with some progresive, "happy metal", electronic, experimental and also symphonic... XD

Hi Juan,

If that is your genre the cover is not bad at all. The black color reflects abit what to expect when you would buy your CD. Offcourse a CD cover really does not have to reflect the music what will be inside. A CD cover could look anyway you or your band wants to wink.gif

Anyway, You made it yourself so there is a personal touch from you in there. Black fits the style. It also does not look like there millions out there(it's original). hmm, not bad at all.

Maybe you can give the cover some soft color tones. Maybe on the font or just as decoration.

--------------------
Guitar: Ibanez Gio
Amp: Kustom
FX: Line 6 Pod X3
DAW: Cubase SE 3, Reason 3
Synth: Roland Fantom X6 Workstation
PC:P4 Win XP Dual 2.6 Ghz 2 GB RAM ATI Radeon 9200

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 20 2008, 03:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 20 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I think it's a good idea, but too rough if you understand.
Should be worked on some more to get it clearer and smoother smile.gif

If you want I'll help you out, I work as a Graphic Designer and know a few tricks wink.gif

I have to agree, it needs some polish if nothing else. I'm an amateur graphic designer myself so maybe it's just my picky eye tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 20 2008, 03:39 PM
Instructor
well I think I should change the front biggrin.gif

The back (IMHO) is good enough and I love this background !!! hehe, it's my desktop and my myspace background tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 20 2008, 03:44 PM
Learning Roadie
The back is fine but I would still put an opaque picture of the jem without any effects on it rather than the way it is now, but thats just me being picky. I was mostly speaking of the front though.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 21 2008, 10:10 PM
Lets go fishing!
I cant wait for that I love your music Juan.

And technocopter is on it wub.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 21 2008, 10:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 21 2008, 11:10 PM) *
I cant wait for that I love your music Juan.

And technocopter is on it wub.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

If you like tecnocopter (I think I shoud add the H there tongue.gif mmm maybe I'll change all names an put it in English biggrin.gif) you will be happy when you read this new... I have a project with one DJ !!!! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif That's true !!!! I'm gonna record some Metal-electronic stuff tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:51 AM