> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Buckethead Style Collab, Who is in?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2011, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I recorded a backing track inspired in Buckethead to start this new Collaboration!! The idea is to get a good balance between melody (concentrating on chord tones) and shredding.

Chord Progression: Am - C G
Am C - F G

Scales: A pentatonic minor - A minor scale -

This is the Collab's backing:
Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_85_bpm_Fixed.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 472

and this is a Jamloop that I prepared for you to have fun!
Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_85_bpm_Loop_final.mp3 ( 10.5MB ) Number of downloads: 555

Deadline: June 28 th (20 days)

Who is in?? smile.gif

EDIT - COLLAB NOW FINISHED

Hey guys!! Here I’m posting the final mix of this amazing collaboration!! Thanks a lot to all the students that participated on this one!! Here I’ll give you some comments for eac take. See you in the next one!! biggrin.gif

FINAL MIX - DOWNLOAD HERE

Guitarrero: (00:05 to 00:49)
Nice take man! I like the melodies that you created for this one. Each note sounds in tune and good over each chord. I think that you used too may long notes, It would be good if you also add some silences to this solo. Rests give more space, air and more importance to every phrase that you create. Tecnically you played the solo well, there are just some noisy notes but the overall is very good. Your tone could be a bit warmer a cleaner for this solo but sound ok.

K1R: (00:50 to 01:33)
Your solo has very Buckethead style vibes! The notes, the melodies and your tone sound very in his style. I like how the solo starts with those melancholic phrases. Then when the song explodes you go higher in your neck and continue doing phrases that relate to each other. Your solo’s evolution really makes sense! It is a tasty take man!
The faster lick (alternate picking) need some work but the other sections are placed perfectly. Good job!

Marek: (01:33 to 02:18)
I really enjoy listening to your solo! It sounds very natural over te backing track. Your ejecution is excellent. You pick strong every note and it makes your solo sound very professional. I like the evolution of your composition. You start with slower melodies, then you increase the speed of your links ending with some cool hammerings. You did a great job!

Michael AC: (02:19 to 03:03)
Nice melodies Michael! I like the leit motiv of the first section. I can hear some little timing issues in the first to phrases but the 3rd and 4th phrases are perfect.
The second section also has some very little timing issues and there is one bend where you don’t reach the correct pitch. I like your tone but I would add some more prescence or treble to the amp. I did it in te mix but it’s alwys better to get the wanted tone from your amp.

Quadrium: (03:06 to 03:49)
The ideas used in your solo are very interesting so it’s a cool solo! There are some parts that seem to be over your tecnique level. The faster parts need more work so I think that it would be better if you try to avoid licks tat you stilll need to practice in your compositions.

SpaceMonkey: (03:53 to 04:33)
Hey man! Your solo is played very good! Even the trickier parts are played good. But we have a VERY important problem… there are many notes out of scale. There are also some bends that doesn’t sound very good over the chords that are sounding in the backing at that moment. I Hill give y ou two suggestions to fix this… first check the scale that you are using. I said that you have to use A minor and A Pentatonic minor scales. My second sugestion is to start to train your ear with any sofware or any lesson from our archive. A trained ear will help you to compose melodies that work better over the backings.

WeePee: (04:34 to 05:18)
Nice take man!! It starts with a cool violinish idea! And then you added some hamonized notes that sound really cool. The second section has lots of bends that make it more dramatic and generates a cool contrast with the first part. Everything is played well and your tone is also great! Well done!! biggrin.gif

Willy: (05:18 to 06:05)
Beautiful playing Willy!! Your solo starts melodic but then it becomes the most rocker solo of this collab. I like those rocker licks that you played in the distorted section.
The last ideas are fantastic and sounds so fresh for me. Your tone sounds cool and you playing is flawless on this one. Good job man!

Zen: (06:08 to 07:36)
I love the feel of your solo man! It’s a pleassure to hear it over and over… I think that you nailed the style perfectly and gave as a flawless take with lots of beautiful melodies. You take is groovy, dramatic and meloncholic at the same time. Buckethead would be proud! biggrin.gif Well done man!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jul 21 2011, 09:22 AM
Reason for edit: Final mix and comments added

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
quadrium
Jun 8 2011, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am in smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2011, 06:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Me too wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 8 2011, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
dam i wish i had a record system T_T

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2011, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 8 2011, 01:58 PM) *
I am in smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 8 2011, 02:29 PM) *
Me too wink.gif

Great guys!!

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 8 2011, 03:19 PM) *
dam i wish i had a record system T_T

Let me know if you need some help about recording! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 8 2011, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2011, 07:33 PM) *
Great guys!!

Let me know if you need some help about recording! smile.gif

well my main problem is that i don't have any way to record xD

ahah the backing kind remind me of soothsayer, nice backin'

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 8 2011, 08:44 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
K1R
Jun 8 2011, 08:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool backing track! I'm in smile.gif
EDIT: Just noticed that BT should last 50 seconds, but it stops at 38th second. Does anyone else have the same problem?

This post has been edited by K1R: Jun 8 2011, 08:57 PM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 8 2011, 09:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 8 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Cool backing track! I'm in smile.gif
EDIT: Just noticed that BT should last 50 seconds, but it stops at 38th second. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Yeah. I have the same problem also.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2011, 09:17 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
same problem here with the BT

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2011, 10:16 PM
Instructor
There is something wicked about this backing! I uploaded it three times! ohmy.gif It should be working now! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 8 2011, 10:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2011, 09:16 PM) *
There is something wicked about this backing! I uploaded it three times! ohmy.gif It should be working now! smile.gif

Hehe smile.gif It's working now. Thanks Gaby smile.gif

One more thing, can you give us a deadline?

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 8 2011, 10:44 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2011, 11:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 8 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Hehe smile.gif It's working now. Thanks Gaby smile.gif

One more thing, can you give us a deadline?

yeah! 20 days. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 9 2011, 12:16 PM
Tone Seeker
Yep sounds really cool. I'm in too !
It's going to be busy june 'cos i'm in Ben collab also. tongue.gif

Btw what is tje tuning ? E or Eb ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2011, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jun 9 2011, 08:16 AM) *
Yep sounds really cool. I'm in too !
It's going to be busy june 'cos i'm in Ben collab also. tongue.gif

Btw what is tje tuning ? E or Eb ?

It's E. (Standard 440)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
velci
Jun 9 2011, 03:21 PM
Learning Roadie
I am in too

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 9 2011, 03:53 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Omg what an awsome backing Gabe, I'll try to make it wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
K1R
Jun 9 2011, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not sure if it is in style of Buckethead, but anyway, here is my take.

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_withbt.mp3 ( 1.91MB ) Number of downloads: 264

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_withoutbt.mp3 ( 1.91MB ) Number of downloads: 275

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 9 2011, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 9 2011, 08:47 PM) *

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_withoutbt.mp3 ( 1.91MB ) Number of downloads: 275

very "electric tears album" grazts ma ; ), btw buckethead styles depends from song to song q:

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 9 2011, 09:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2011, 12:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 9 2011, 11:53 AM) *
Omg what an awsome backing Gabe, I'll try to make it wink.gif

Cool Fran! It would be great to have your take on this one! smile.gif

QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 9 2011, 04:47 PM) *

Wou! You are faster than light! One day and I already have your take! smile.gif Nice playing man! I'll give you some feedback when I upload the final mix. Thanks for your take! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 10 2011, 11:31 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just wondering, are we still using the collabs forum or will the collabs take place at the instructor's boards since the new forum structure?

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:36 PM