2 Pages V  < 1 2  
David Bowie
dango
Feb 17 2008, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 17 2008, 06:11 PM) *
I'll work on it. wink.gif I hope to do it very soon! Have you listened to A Perfect Circle's Thirsteen step album? It's a great album, one of my favourite and it has many The Cure influences.

wow, I am thrilled. Thank you!
I don't know that band at all. But it sounds very interesting I am deffenetly going to listen to it. Thank you. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
javari
Feb 17 2008, 10:39 PM
A lot of Bowie fans didn't like the Let's Dance album.
I personally really liken because of the great guitar playing by Stevie Ray Vaughn...

At first I didn't know it was SRV playing, I just liked the guitar, when I looked at the credits to see who was playing guitar, to my amazement it was SRV...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Feb 18 2008, 10:11 PM
Singing Instructor
I think that he is a great singer and composer... I enjoy many of his songs and also the movie Laberynth! smile.gif

Luciana

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 19 2008, 12:05 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Feb 15 2008, 07:35 PM) *
I love Bowie and it's been very interesting over time.
I love his early works, up to Station to Station, with these at top:
Aladdin Sane
Hunky Dory
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Diamond Dogs
Young Americans

After that I like only some songs, but he never get's boring.
He is an artist I'd really like to meet.

Couldn't agree with you more Blindwillie. But "Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust..." would be my favourite by Bowie. Suffragette City being my favourite song.

Has anyone seen the Bowie episode of "Extras"? It's one of my favourites of the series smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Feb 19 2008, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Feb 19 2008, 12:05 AM) *
Couldn't agree with you more Blindwillie. But "Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust..." would be my favourite by Bowie. Suffragette City being my favourite song.

You are probably right.
"Ziggy Stardust..." is probably the best album but I'm affected by associated memories and stuff smile.gif
I have a couple of favourites on each of the mentioned albums. Suffragette City being one of them.
Nope. I have never seen Extras. And I LOVE Labrinth biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2008, 03:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Feb 18 2008, 08:05 PM) *

Has anyone seen the Bowie episode of "Extras"? It's one of my favourites of the series smile.gif

That's my favourite album too. but I don't know that serie.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 20 2008, 12:15 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2008, 10:36 AM) *
That's my favourite album too. but I don't know that serie.

It's a British TV show staring Ricky Gervais (The Office) it's very funny and in each show a famous actor or musician guest stars. I think you can see some episodes on Youtube....then again everything is on youtube smile.gif

Back on topic a Bowie style lesson would be very interesting...possible acoustic lesson maybe wink.gif

And Thirteenth Step is an amazing album. I haven't listened to it in a bit but I'll have to change that very soon smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2008, 06:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Feb 19 2008, 08:15 PM) *
It's a British TV show staring Ricky Gervais (The Office) it's very funny and in each show a famous actor or musician guest stars. I think you can see some episodes on Youtube....then again everything is on youtube smile.gif

Back on topic a Bowie style lesson would be very interesting...possible acoustic lesson maybe wink.gif

And Thirteenth Step is an amazing album. I haven't listened to it in a bit but I'll have to change that very soon smile.gif

rok

I'm very anxious to hear Ashes Divide debut album. This band is the new project of Billy Howerdel, the guitarist and main composer of A perfect circle. smile.gif
Yoiu can hear a song here http://www.myspace.com/ashesdivide

I'll try to do a Bowie Style lesson. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slak
Feb 24 2008, 06:02 PM
I would have to say The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is my fave Bowie album. For something a bit different ya'll might want to check a guy named Seu Jorge. He did an album (Life Aquatic with Steve Zissuou Soundtrack) of Bowie covers, they are all acoustic and I believe he sings in portugese. It's a really interesting album.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2008, 06:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slak @ Feb 24 2008, 02:02 PM) *
I would have to say The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is my fave Bowie album. For something a bit different ya'll might want to check a guy named Seu Jorge. He did an album (Life Aquatic with Steve Zissuou Soundtrack) of Bowie covers, they are all acoustic and I believe he sings in portugese. It's a really interesting album.

Thank you! I'll check him.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slak
Feb 24 2008, 07:13 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 24 2008, 09:53 AM) *
Thank you! I'll check him.

Let me know what you think. His version of 5 Years is amazing. So is Suffagrete City.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:37 PM