kyldeee
Nov 25 2009, 11:27 AM
GMC:er
Wawaweewah!!!

Just finished it, and WOW biggrin.gif

Anyone else played it ????

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edguy
Nov 25 2009, 11:40 AM
Learning Roadie
No,

but this is the next thing i will do get MW 1 and 2 and play it biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by edguy: Nov 25 2009, 11:40 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Nov 25 2009, 12:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
MW1 is great.

MW2 is a complete failure, 100% marketing game with nothing in it. The solo campaign is 5 or 6 hours long. The multiplayer is not hosted and limited to 9vs9 with a very crappy system called IWnet. And the game is pretty expensive.

So you better wait Battlefield Bad Company 2 and play something else until then. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
edguy
Nov 25 2009, 01:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow thanks for the info Keilnoth.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 looks awesome!

I think i will buy COD 4 MW1

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Nov 25 2009, 01:48 PM
I have to disagree...

Tho I haven't played the multiplayer, and can't say anything about that...
Yeah, it's short, but not any shorter that the first one... It's very entertaining,
And had me with all those movie like mission, just like the first one...

And really wasn't that expensive... I payed around 57 €

But this is just my opinion, everyone has their own..

I think the game rocks

Cheers

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 25 2009, 01:59 PM
I think its great. The online got much better however the maps are okay. I've beaten the campaign and am halfway through on Veteran. It's a pretty fun campaign. It was expensive but who cares. Bad Company sucked to begin with why buy number two?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Nov 25 2009, 02:04 PM
Well, we don't really disagree. The solo campaign is probably as great as in MW1... but I played online during 2 years with MW1 and I just can't imagine switching to player hosted games with all the disadvantages that gives.

(If you are not located in North America then most of the games will be full of lag.)

It's just a huge disappointment for the online community. In fact, there is no more community. The game is completely closed. But the day they will patch that and add dedicated servers I will buy it for sure. smile.gif

If you check on the internet, there are a lot of oddities with the multiplayer. For example, some people find hidden modes, most likely to be "released" in some later add-ons. Hope those add-ons will be free otherwise you will pay twice for the same game. wink.gif

So if you want to play solo, go for it, if you want to play online, forget it. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Keilnoth: Nov 25 2009, 02:06 PM

--------------------

My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Nov 25 2009, 02:27 PM
I get your point mate smile.gif

I've played both of them on Xbox360, and never really played
them online that much, cause I don't want to pay for extra 60€
to do that, so I've settled for the campaigns, and they ROCK biggrin.gif

Maybe I should've been more spesific creating this thread... smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 25 2009, 03:19 PM
The solo mission is great !!!! I'm still Act I, a mission in Brazil, I really enjoyed it. I think the game is as good as metal gear solid 4

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Nov 25 2009, 03:37 PM
Oh and I almost forgot that : you cannot lean anymore !!! blink.gif
How am I supposed to kill baddies if I cannot lean ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Nov 25 2009, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I've got it for the Xbox360, but I only play online Free-For-All. I usually rank higher in MW2 than I did in COD4.

I'm g pop 70 if anybody wants to friend me and play online.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 25 2009, 03:49 PM
Well I'm in America so I guess I get where you are coming from, I never usually get lag, but every time I am in a game with a 'Brit' as they are called on MW2 or someone else from Europe the lag gets bad.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 25 2009, 03:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Way too short!!! ohmy.gif

I feel like I was ripped of, I beat the campaing in under 4 Hours!!! The game is awesome but only half as long as the first one, the spec ops mode gives another hour playing time but that is still not enough for a Game this expensive!

The great multiplayer makes up for it a bit but the singleplayer value of this game is really bad!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 25 2009, 03:54 PM
I think many are in agreement that this games multiplayer made it all worth while although I have to say I am a little disappointed that I pre-ordered it when I was expect so much more from the campaign. They spent almost 3 years on it so I expected a little more but I still enjoyed it.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 25 2009, 04:09 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Though short, i found the campaign to be great with some fantasticly "cinematic" scenes (just beat it last night) ..haven't tried spec ops so far but i guess i'll wait until my brother gets it so we can team up.

I think the multiplayer is awesome too, i got hooked in just 3 matches. I've got MW2 running on my pc despite all the commotion about no dedicated servers, im in the uk and not experiencing lag 99.99(9?)% of the time.

Get this game regardless of which platform you're on, but clear your schedule...

-- I don't know how you go about adding people on MW2 for pc (anyone wantr to enlighten me? I haven't actually looked yet in fairness tongue.gif) but if anyone wants to add me/find me/shoot at me my username is VikingKong

+Quote Post
twist
Nov 25 2009, 05:02 PM
I think i will not support this game in any way. Since here in germany there is a huge problem with violent games MW2 has thrown the discussion way back because of its insane level of brutality (The level where you kill everyone at the airport, even civillians). It surely doesnt lead to aggressive behaviour when you play it but it is a dead giveaway for those that race against egoshooters and "killer-games". Show those scenes on tv and you have won... A country where any egoshooter or similar is extinct.

Besides that its way too expensive. It just dropped to 44 Euros here but for 4-6 hours of gameplay and half of multiplayer functionality it is just too much. I can buy games like Fallout 3 (ok, no multiplayer) with hundreds of hours of fun, i pay for the game plus 5 addons only 40 Euros.

So what i think of mw2 is that it is a huge PR thing gone wrong.

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 25 2009, 06:23 PM
Instructor
wow that game looks amazing! smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 25 2009, 06:28 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 25 2009, 11:23 AM) *
wow that game looks amazing! smile.gif

Haha I love how everyone is getting all into detail and then Daniel just says it looks amazing with a smile! tongue.gif

+1

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 9 2010, 02:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just saw this topic!

I got a ps3 in Christmas and MW2 in january, and I must say I love the game. I haven't played single player much, but I've already put almost 100 hours online and it rocks, there are thousands of players any time of the day and it works quite well. I find multiplayer so awesome that I never find the time to beat SP campaign laugh.gif though I have to do it because the four missions I played were great too.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Mar 9 2010, 02:26 PM
This would have been a great game if they changed a few things. To much Killstreaks, Shotguns, Akimbo, Maps, Deathstreaks and It's just too easy to be good at.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:07 PM