> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner's Corner 23: Pull-Offs, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Daeron
May 15 2016, 06:30 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 23: Pull-Offs by Bear Rose

Hello again ! The other side of my legato training is on this lesson... The hardest part for me is to go from 0-2-4-5 to the 12-14-16-17 quickly and with precision.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2016, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate,

this lesson is also sounding good. You seem to be more comfortable with pull offs than hammer on. There are basically two elements to focus during the next days of work:

- Timing: Mostly on the first section.

- Pull off volume: You need to make the second note of the pull offs sound stronger. This sound is generated by the finger that is quit so you need to experiment with it to make the note sound stronger.

Ok friend, these lessons show that you are working really hard, so keep going!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2016, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Hey, this is another strong performance.

As Gabriel said, your timing is a little ahead on the opening part although you manage to relax into it after a while and the timing becomes more accurate.

At 0:08 I notice that you struggle a bit to fret the G string using your index finger, because the index finger was fretting the B string just before. The way to tackle this is to let your index finger cover the G string as well but only for that part. It doesn't need to press the G string, only rest over it when you're playing the note on the B string and then when it's ready you can then use the fingertip to press down and fret that note.

An alternative approach is to use the 2nd finger to fret the note on the G string. When you bring the 2nd finger over onto the G string, move the index finger away to make room for it. This is probably the way I would do it.

As with your last REC take, I would say timing needs the most improvement. Your pull-off technique is going well. Keep it going!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 18 2016, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all I know how much work it takes to get that point, where you can deliver a take like this one (at the skills level you currently are) and you really did a descent job. There is nothign serious to complain. Whole take has a descent listening pleasure level yet legato on guitar is a very specific technique and in both cases (pull-off and hammer-on) it take quite a lot of strength to keep proper volume of notes. There is a little problem with understanding what means " being relaxed" while playing, when your fresh with some techniques. Legato is something that is almost never a "totally relaxed" while playing techniqe. Of course it becoems easier the more distortion we add but it only blurries the image of our skills. Do not be aware of pulling the string really hard and hammering as well. "hammer-on" has it's name because of some reason - the idea is to hit the string liek with a little hammer. It's actually quite funny but when we listen to properly made legato on the unplugged gutar, we will notice it makes a lot of noise - noise of hammered on pulled-off strings.

+Quote Post
Fran
May 19 2016, 01:00 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:56 PM