Nice Job!
Tjchep
Feb 20 2008, 04:24 AM
GMC:er
So you won the compition over at lick library.

It was a very awesome solo that you did, and a lessons would be super cool.

But the main question, what are you thinking about doing with the jem? Selling it, keeping it for the hell of it, or whatever else your mind can think of?

But I must compliment you and say, congrats man, you deserved to win,and you were defiantly in a league of your own with your take here.

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Feb 20 2008, 04:26 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2008, 04:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm lost? What are you talking about? Do you have a link? I really would like to know.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Feb 20 2008, 04:30 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Gen
Feb 20 2008, 04:59 AM
This is awesome! Congrats man, you deserved it.
Here's a link to the forum page that announces the winner: http://www.licklibrary.com/Forum2/Thread.a...;ThreadID=23811
biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2008, 05:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Man, Mirus that was just great! Hat off and congrats! You really deserve it.

Your playing is just; well I can't express it in words so I will just stop.

Can we have a contest for the custom muting thing you have on your neck? Have never seen anyone use one besides you. What are the pros and cons for that?

I would love to try it. smile.gif

Might be worth the postage to send to the USA along with the pick.
. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 20 2008, 05:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Congrats Muris! Hope you enjoy the JEM smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 20 2008, 06:39 AM
Jeff.

Just use a hair band and put it around your guitar neck.

Pros, you sound super clean and you can move it around and take it of the frets with ease.

Cons, when on open strings wont sound.

I just stole one of my sisters hair bands and put it on my guitar and it works great smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2008, 06:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks little bro..! biggrin.gif I don't have a little sister, but I'll guess I have to improvise.

Thanks man

I smell a sock maybe. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 20 2008, 06:58 AM
Hah, no problem man.

tissue works too?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 20 2008, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Woa.. congrats!
Just when i thought you couldnt possibly impress more smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2008, 01:32 PM
Instructor
Wow,I couldn't see announce on the main page,I'm a bit lost... blink.gif

Thanks a million guys,appreciate it!! smile.gif

I would say that this is a WIN of GMC as well,
actually I heard of this competition from my bro and amazing playing David Wallimann,
who's entry was damn good nonetheless!!

Keep rocking guys and thanks once more!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 20 2008, 01:38 PM
Lets go fishing!
Oh WOW, you won !!! Congratulations biggrin.gif This is not a supprise to me of course wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 20 2008, 01:39 PM
Omg grats!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 20 2008, 01:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Congratulations smile.gif Varajic!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 20 2008, 01:40 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Well deserved Muris- now if you didnt want the guitar it would make an awesome GMC prize tongue.gif

<jokes id never get rid of something like that!

Congrats again Muris, awesome video

+Quote Post
at lights end
Feb 20 2008, 01:42 PM
whoa! that solo was really something, very vai!
well done muris, you deserved that. ...although that was probably a piece of cake for you. laugh.gif

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 20 2008, 01:43 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
laugh.gif well done mate! cool prize cool.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 20 2008, 01:45 PM
Instructor
That's so awesome, congrats Muris!!! You really deserved it! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2008, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys,you're very kind!! smile.gif

Guess I'm gonna record a lesson with this Jem after I receive it,yeah. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 01:54 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Congrats Muris - v well deserved smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 20 2008, 02:08 PM
GMC Founder
WOW Muris you are undoubtly the man!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Of course we knew all the time how hard you rock tongue.gif - but in case anyone missed it, here is some undisputable proof! laugh.gif

I think I have found your video. This kicks ass beyond belief! blink.gif laugh.gif Cogratualtions - very well deserved!! biggrin.gif

Can someone help me find were the other contestants are and a little more info about the challenge...? Thanks! biggrin.gif

And congratulations again - looking forward to some lessons performed on a JEM! biggrin.gif

We are very proud and honoured to have you at GMC!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:35 AM