What Is This Instrument?, Andy Mckee's
FretDancer69
Sep 30 2007, 12:30 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, i was watching the "Into The Ocean" video by Andy Mckee and he uses this gutiar with open strings at the top. Its hard to describe, see it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvar4ZsqsEo...ted&search=

can anyone tell me what thats called?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cherio
Sep 30 2007, 01:06 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Oct 1 2007, 12:30 AM) *
Hey guys, i was watching the "Into The Ocean" video by Andy Mckee and he uses this gutiar with open strings at the top. Its hard to describe, see it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvar4ZsqsEo...ted&search=

can anyone tell me what thats called?

Wow... I can't tell you what it's called sorry. But it sure does look awesome!
The music is pretty cool aswell

Cherio

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
CHEERIO'S

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Sep 30 2007, 01:07 PM
Hey there,
It's a harp guitar. It's a hell of an instrument, looks cool and surreal at the same time. Check out Harp Guitar for further info.

Hope that helps wink.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 30 2007, 01:43 PM
QUOTE (GroovinMastiff @ Sep 30 2007, 06:07 AM) *
Hey there,
It's a harp guitar. It's a hell of an instrument, looks cool and surreal at the same time. Check out Harp Guitar for further info.

Hope that helps wink.gif

ohmy.gif a Harp Guitar huh..., awesome. Thanks for the link as well GroovinMastiff, ill definately will read more about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Sep 30 2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, a harp guitar... those things look really cool, but I've heard that they're ridiculously expensive... I think I came across one that was over $10,000 at some point!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Sep 30 2007, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post
swingline
Sep 30 2007, 02:12 PM
I was thinking it would be awesome to get one until I scrolled down and saw 10,000. blink.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 30 2007, 02:12 PM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Sep 30 2007, 07:02 AM) *
Yeah, a harp guitar... those things look really cool, but I've heard that they're ridiculously expensive... I think I came across one that was over $10,000 at some point!

jeez! 10K? are you kiddin me..... blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Sep 30 2007, 02:31 PM
laugh.gif Not all of them are that much, but I think I've seen one that was about that! I think even the very cheapest ones go for around a thousand... but I don't know much about them, so don't take my word for it!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Sep 30 2007, 02:31 PM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 30 2007, 04:29 PM
Lets go fishing!
ive seen that guy before he is is VERY popular! its not had to see why! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 PM