2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar Competition
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2013, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I just found this thread in Facebook by our old friend Muris. He posted this:

"Ok people, here's some good news, in next few months me and MK Guitars are going to do a giveaway. smile.gif
The item is my bellowed MK MV custom which I played on Guitar Idol finals in London and more.
To get this guitar you'll have to play either Final Dance or Junk Medley (as I played those 2 on GI finals) and record a video, that's it.
I'll provide you with backing tracks and more instructions when the time comes, no need to go for it right away!
Share and spread the word smile.gif"

These two songs are very difficult but maybe any of you would like to give it a chance.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Apr 5 2013, 03:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Oh man! Why would he want to give that thing away? Didn't he hand build it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 5 2013, 03:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
even if I could play that , which I can't
I am left handed , what would I do with a right handed guitar

+Quote Post
gregc1
Apr 5 2013, 03:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow. I have listened to the Junk Medley many times and I would love to take a crack at that but it just ain't happening.

I'm not even "almost there". That kind of playing is something I aspire to achieve some day but realize I will most likely never get to that level. I've never heard Final Dance but I'm sure it's equally mind bending.

Really cool contest and some lucky dude is going to win a very nice guitar. Definitely going to follow it and see how it goes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 5 2013, 03:52 PM
Instructor
I was always a big fun of Muris playing. I was disappointed when I saw what the drummer did at his guitar idol performance but...section probably treated it like a regular "job" ,so when there was something a little bit harder....they failed...

Lately Muris did an awesome, little "phrygian" sounding mood, where he doesn't show off with the skills but plays a peace of very grown-up music. I like him because of both. I hate when shredders talk bad on "slow-hands" ...and same as the opposite. I would like to see Everyone respecting each other and doing something like Muris does - play everything You want - don't stick yourself to only one "KIND OF ME".

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2013, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 5 2013, 11:52 AM) *
I was always a big fun of Muris playing. I was disappointed when I saw what the drummer did at his guitar idol performance but...section probably treated it like a regular "job" ,so when there was something a little bit harder....they failed...

Lately Muris did an awesome, little "phrygian" sounding mood, where he doesn't show off with the skills but plays a peace of very grown-up music. I like him because of both. I hate when shredders talk bad on "slow-hands" ...and same as the opposite. I would like to see Everyone respecting each other and doing something like Muris does - play everything You want - don't stick yourself to only one "KIND OF ME".

yeah, I remember that performance! The drummer ruined it! and I agree, Muris is an amazing guitar player, he can shred like hell but he can also be very melodic. I also discovered that he can sing really good, I found an acoustic video some time ago with him playing and singing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bossie
Apr 6 2013, 12:02 AM
GMC:er
Well one does not need to be the shredder as him...if you can play something with elegance and precision,you're an ace guitarist in my books..even a slow piece of music! cool.gif ....and the rest will come

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 6 2013, 02:54 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Awesome.. I am a big fan of Muris. It was him that I came to GMC at the first place. wink.gif I don't know about the guitar, but I will definitely try to participate. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 6 2013, 09:10 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I'm a big fan of his playing. This sounds like a fun competition but may be out of my reach as well. Is this the same guitar that he features in a lot of h.is lessons? I will at least try for fun to see how far I can get. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2013, 12:47 PM
Instructor
Oh man, this looks like a tough one biggrin.gif Whenever I feel lik challenging myself to the bone, I attempt a lesson recorded by Muris! Works every time laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 6 2013, 05:18 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Apr 5 2013, 03:24 PM) *
Oh man! Why would he want to give that thing away? Didn't he hand build it?

That was my first thought too Trey!! No, Muris didn't build it, it was built for him by Mirza Kovacevic. It has specially wound pickups in it and the Floyd only goes downwards!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 6 2013, 09:10 AM) *
Is this the same guitar that he features in a lot of h.is lessons?

It certainly is DG!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2013, 12:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2013, 08:47 AM) *
Oh man, this looks like a tough one biggrin.gif Whenever I feel lik challenging myself to the bone, I attempt a lesson recorded by Muris! Works every time laugh.gif

hahaha I'm still practicing Extreme Neoclassical. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2013, 12:16 PM
Instructor
I'm on 'Advanced legato and picking' not to mention 'Mojo Oro' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2013, 02:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 7 2013, 08:16 AM) *
I'm on 'Advanced legato and picking' not to mention 'Mojo Oro' biggrin.gif

Great two ones! Are you practicing these ones diary?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Apr 10 2013, 12:25 PM
Cool. He's a great player, really melodic and creative.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2013, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Great two ones! Are you practicing these ones diary?

I have periods man, for instance I have discovered the Legato and Picking Advanced one and I am currently at 130 BPM and trying to add 5 each day since I managed to anticipate everything by now smile.gif

I will try to get it at full tempo, although it's uber fast laugh.gif My goal is to play as accurate and expressive as possible hearing every not crystal clear, in order to refine the technique.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 12 2013, 12:23 PM
Muris is good, but in my opinion music should be less complicated... and more heavy! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 10 2013, 04:33 PM) *
I have periods man, for instance I have discovered the Legato and Picking Advanced one and I am currently at 130 BPM and trying to add 5 each day since I managed to anticipate everything by now smile.gif

I will try to get it at full tempo, although it's uber fast laugh.gif My goal is to play as accurate and expressive as possible hearing every not crystal clear, in order to refine the technique.

Cool! I'm now checking that lesson. It's great to practice AP and combining it with legato. I should start working on it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2013, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Currently at 135 BPM and counting tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 14 2013, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
We could maybe make a thread, or use this thread to share with eachother what we learnt so far.
Im stuck on the chorus trills of Final Dance, I cant tell to which notes he trill sometimes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:27 AM