> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2015, 02:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jun 27 2015, 07:01 PM) *
I can hear the oriental influence now that you mention it! Guess that's what happens when you use pentatonics. I normally mix harmonies pretty low anyway, so it should sound fine. I'll tweak it when I record it.

So it won't be a problem... it will work as an effect... wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 29 2015, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/shake-it-off-intro

Here's what I've got for the intro so far. Reversed the audio on the clean rhythm guitars for that ambient feel. Not too sure on that clean tone for the melody though.

Very hard to get a lead tone that cuts through but also isn't very trebly and 'pops' a lot, especially with a pick.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2015, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, I honestly think that this sounds great! I love the arrangement and the overall sound. Great job mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 3 2015, 02:16 AM
At around 0:03 in that clip, there's this sound in the right side that comes from the piano and guitar at the same frequency or something, can't really figure out how to get rid of it. laugh.gif Maybe a different piano sound.

It's not there when I solo each part and when it's just the strings and guitar.

Anyway, I've got this new chorus idea, first half is the original idea and the second half is the new one. Took the sliding thing from the video I showed you earlier and use them as fills between chords. Not sure if I want to stick to how it is in the guitar pro file - having the two halves or just repeat the new idea twice.

Very close to finishing the arrangement of this, just figuring out what I want after the solo; recording shouldn't take long, had a couple run throughs of the solo and it's surprisingly easy to play.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jul 3 2015, 02:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2015, 04:52 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I think that both versions of the chorus are interesting so I would use both in order to let it grow along with the song. I don't think that the chorus should be always exactly the same and this two versions are really cool.

Great to know that the arrangement is close to be finished. Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 14 2015, 09:34 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/shake-it-off

Got a bit sidetracked with the other video, but I Just need to record the leads then mix it. Quickly did the start of the lead just so you can hear what it sounds like. Forgot to turn the effects back on before I exported it but you get the idea. laugh.gif

Ignoring the volume, is the intro too sudden?

At 1:18 when the verse comes in, I'll definitely need to lower the rhythm guitars a bit. Added a quieter chorus part at 2:35, then when, it'll just end with a fade-out chorus.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2015, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky! Good job with this one! I like the overall groove, and sound. About the intro, yes, I think that it should be a bit louder, I had to turn up my soundcard to hear it. The other sections sound good to me, I'd like to hear the leads!

Looking forward the progress of this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 21 2015, 11:08 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/verse-variations

Just a quick question; they'd probably both sound good if I mixed the levels a bit better and weren't sloppy takes but first impressions, which one of these verses do you prefer?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2015, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, I like both variations. I feel that both could go together if you decide to repeat the verse section. The second could be the first and the first that has more notes could be the second.... both sound very good!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 22 2015, 05:16 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/shake-it-off

Yeah from 1:18 in this clip I showed you before, is going to be one half of a verse - and the second verse variation is what i'm going to play over this staccato riff part.

But if you like both variations of the verse, that's great! I'll just play them one after another. I was just worried that the melody timing would clash with the rhythm guitar fills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2015, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, I feel that this track will be a hit. It makes me feel happy while I listen to it and that's a good signal. I smile with the vibe but also with the quality and overall sound.

I think that both melodies will be good together but it would be good to hear it on the track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 23 2015, 05:07 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/transition

Hey man, everything's pretty much recorded on the audio side. Still need to mix it properly and film the video later.
Does this transition sound okay from chorus to solo?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2015, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, it's not totally clear. I think that the problem is related to timing which is not perfect, this combined with the weird rhythm can make things don't work. Try to make it sound totally tight to see if this work, if not, you can go for a more natural idea.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 24 2015, 03:00 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/transition-2

I know what you mean. Re-recorded the part and tried fading the two parts differently, how about now? I think it sounds a lot smoother like this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2015, 04:50 PM
Instructor
yes! It's much better. There is still room to adjust timing but this sounds clearer now.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 25 2015, 10:45 PM
All done, don't think I managed to make the transition as smooth as I'd liked, but it works in the video. Should be up tomorrow.

Gonna try and finish up one more video in the next two weeks, then I'll be busy moving out of my apartment. It's a song called Lilium, think I'll go for a fingerpicked, ambient intro then metal up the second half. It's got a very strong melody, so shouldn't be too hard to do.

The song jumps between 3/4 and 4/4 a bit, but I didn't really notice till after I finished transcribing half of it; it'll be a bit messy but do you think it'll matter if I just keep it all in 4/4?

Just a very basic transcription right now, getting the melody down and figuring out chords, I'll put a solo in somewhere too.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jul 25 2015, 10:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2015, 07:46 PM
Instructor
This is awesome Socky. I'm impressed of your discipline, focus and hard work. If you continue like this, you'll build a very consistent career as musician. This videos and arrangements that you are creating are top level and your work here very inspiring.

This new song has really cool melodies, I'm sure that your version will rock. Looking forward the first demos.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 29 2015, 06:05 PM
Hey man, almost finished arranging. Just not sure how I'm supposed to harmonize passing notes from outside the scale? It always sounds a bit off to me.

e.g. In bar 2 of this guitar pro file. I'm pretty sure the song is in F# minor and there they use a D# in one phrase of the melody.

And then the same thing happens at bar 10, but my problem is finding the right chord to use in the rhythm.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lilium_Help.gp5 ( 4.02K ) Number of downloads: 109

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 30 2015, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm a bit lost with the guitar pro. Could you please write here the chord progression and notes from the melody that you want to harmonize?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 30 2015, 03:17 PM

Second bar, it goes D, C# then D#. Only chord behind it is a D5.

And I already figured out the chord thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:34 PM