> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Lienad's Guitar Skills Workshop
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Howdy mate! This here, is your thread! Let's start by asking you if you have some recordings of yourself so that I may get a better idea where you're at right now smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 5 2012, 03:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2012, 09:38 AM) *
Howdy mate! This here, is your thread! Let's start by asking you if you have some recordings of yourself so that I may get a better idea where you're at right now smile.gif

Cosmin

Hey man! awesome my own thread biggrin.gif I don't have any recordings of myself. What equipment would I need to do this? What should I record?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2012, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Well, what sort of music gear do you own at this point and what sort of computer soundboard?

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 6 2012, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 6 2012, 08:59 AM) *
Well, what sort of music gear do you own at this point and what sort of computer soundboard?

40 watt combo and a cheap ibanez. Nvidia Geforce 7100/Nvidia nforce 630i.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2012, 08:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lienad @ Oct 6 2012, 10:10 AM) *
40 watt combo and a cheap ibanez. Nvidia Geforce 7100/Nvidia nforce 630i.

hmmm, no webcam? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 7 2012, 10:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 6 2012, 08:46 PM) *
hmmm, no webcam? smile.gif

No mate, can get one though, which webcams would you recommend for a good quality recording?

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 8 2012, 08:58 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, well, I've heard good things about the Microsoft LifeCam - check out the ones having the HD feature:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/webcams

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 8 2012, 02:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 8 2012, 08:58 AM) *
Hey mate, well, I've heard good things about the Microsoft LifeCam - check out the ones having the HD feature:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/webcams

Cheers dude I've got one coming soon. In the meantime what should I be learning?

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2012, 09:30 AM
Instructor
Well, if you wish, you can choose your favorite lesson so far and prepare it smile.gif Once you got it done, you can use it for the recording you will send to me! I am not choosing a lesson for you at this point because I first need to see your actual playing level in order to know what's what smile.gif I am curious in respect to what you will choose!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 9 2012, 09:41 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 9 2012, 09:30 AM) *
Well, if you wish, you can choose your favorite lesson so far and prepare it smile.gif Once you got it done, you can use it for the recording you will send to me! I am not choosing a lesson for you at this point because I first need to see your actual playing level in order to know what's what smile.gif I am curious in respect to what you will choose!

Cosmin

Yeah sounds great to me biggrin.gif The webcam will take a while to arrive so what if I choose maybe a couple of different styles to give you a better overall view of my playing? Thanks for the fast reply! I know you must have many students to reply to! An army of students you could say haha wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Oh yes! By all means, the more you record, the better Ill know what's what smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 9 2012, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 9 2012, 09:56 AM) *
Oh yes! By all means, the more you record, the better Ill know what's what smile.gif

Great!! Right i'll get started choosing some! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2012, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Groovy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 15 2012, 01:23 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 10 2012, 03:20 PM) *
Groovy! biggrin.gif

Hey Comin! Here's a recording, I have watched it and its not the greatest but it's a good estimation of my playing right now. Hope this helps smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 15 2012, 02:08 PM
Here's another one smile.gif sorry I added a few extra notes/played the bends a little different, I kept messing up when I was trying to copy it exactly so I just did an interpretation of the lesson instead. I chose a different style too to help give you a better idea of my playing.

Hope you like them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 15 2012, 04:38 PM
QUOTE (Lienad @ Oct 15 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Here's another one smile.gif sorry I added a few extra notes/played the bends a little different, I kept messing up when I was trying to copy it exactly so I just did an interpretation of the lesson instead. I chose a different style too to help give you a better idea of my playing.

Ok so I just learnt this in the last half an hour but i'll post it anyways smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2012, 05:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lienad @ Oct 15 2012, 01:08 PM) *

Ahoy mate! Great to see you finally playing biggrin.gif Well, I say you have good timing and you understood the structure of the phrases, but you are pretty rigid in your approach and your articulation could be greatly improved.

Bending and vibrato are two of the most important techniques for a guitarist and I say we should focus on them smile.gif Now let's see your other recording!

QUOTE (Lienad @ Oct 15 2012, 03:38 PM) *
Ok so I just learnt this in the last half an hour but i'll post it anyways smile.gif

Heheh! I can see that you didn't get too much time to spend on this one wink.gif You rushed some phrases and also, mate, check your guitar's tuning before you start playing, k?

Now, I suggest we focus on beginner lessons, covering rhythm and articulation, plus, discussing the theory behind them, what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 16 2012, 07:49 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 16 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Ahoy mate! Great to see you finally playing biggrin.gif Well, I say you have good timing and you understood the structure of the phrases, but you are pretty rigid in your approach and your articulation could be greatly improved.

Bending and vibrato are two of the most important techniques for a guitarist and I say we should focus on them smile.gif Now let's see your other recording!

Heheh! I can see that you didn't get too much time to spend on this one wink.gif You rushed some phrases and also, mate, check your guitar's tuning before you start playing, k?

Now, I suggest we focus on beginner lessons, covering rhythm and articulation, plus, discussing the theory behind them, what do you think?

Cosmin

Hello! biggrin.gif Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I think you're right I don't feel at ease when im playing I feel VERY rigid, something I want to change badly sad.gif

What could I do to Improve this?

How could I improve my articulation?

I did rush the last one, I guess I was a little too enthusiastic tongue.gif haha! but yeah I'll check my tuning in future. biggrin.gif

My goal at the moment is to be able to play/write metalcore/modern metal style riffs and passages to a high standard and also be able to perform them in an entertaining fashion in a live setting to people or at a gig biggrin.gif

Do you think that plan you have laid out will help achieve this? If so, LETS GO FOR IT!! biggrin.gif

Also my alternate picking/triplets are a serious weak spot which is a shame because I really want to be able to play them well. Could we add some lessons for this into the mix too?

lol long post mate, ok where do I start? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2012, 08:22 AM
Instructor
Tell me man, how much time can you dedicate to guitar playing each day? According to this, we'll set up a schedule to cover rhythm/ riffing, alternate picking/ legato, articulation and ear training!

These are the things ANY guitarist should handle wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 17 2012, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 17 2012, 08:22 AM) *
Tell me man, how much time can you dedicate to guitar playing each day? According to this, we'll set up a schedule to cover rhythm/ riffing, alternate picking/ legato, articulation and ear training!

These are the things ANY guitarist should handle wink.gif

Cosmin

Morning Cosmin smile.gif

Four hours, 6 days a week!! I'm aiming for that because I spend lots of time playing, I just have no practice routine or idea of what to focus on. regular goals and assignments would be great to remedy this!

And sweet If they are essetial components to any succesful guitarist's playing let's get started right away biggrin.gif

I'm really excited about this, can you tell haha laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:55 PM