2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Andy James Dreamrig Competition!
Huargo
Jun 9 2014, 10:53 AM
Tone Seeker
A lot of good prices and a nice baking to practicce all the shreeding stuff!
Anyone in? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2014, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Give us more info! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 9 2014, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 9 2014, 02:01 PM) *
Give us more info! smile.gif

Here you go mate.

https://andyjamesguitaracademy.com/dreamrig/ - Just scroll down to the bottom.

and Guitar Pro just put out a free lesson on the track.

http://blog.guitar-pro.com/2014/06/andy-ja...-guitar-lesson/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 10 2014, 06:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
Also, another 2 contests are opened in this period smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 10 2014, 10:31 AM
Learning Roadie
They need to make it that the worse person wins!

I may be in with a chance then!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2014, 02:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jun 10 2014, 02:35 AM) *
Also, another 2 contests are opened in this period smile.gif

Cool ones, thanks for sharing Monica. Are you going to join any one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Huargo
Jun 10 2014, 07:52 PM
Tone Seeker
And the Martin inferno too!
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/05/27/annou...r-solo-contest/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jun 10 2014, 09:43 PM
Was snooping around this just the other day, already entered. Good luck to all smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 11 2014, 06:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 10 2014, 01:13 PM) *
Cool ones, thanks for sharing Monica. Are you going to join any one?

This time I will not participate. I thought to make a take for " Shut Up & Play" but the backing it's totally opposite for my taste. So, I truly believe in "if you don't feel that style your playing will never transmit something". When I make a take I try to let a piece of my soul there wink.gif
But I wait the melodic contest by David Wallimann smile.gif It should start somewhere in August.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2014, 03:29 AM
Instructor
[quote name='Monica Gheorghevici' date='Jun 11 2014, 02:41 AM' post='688752']
This time I will not participate. I thought to make a take for " Shut Up & Play" but the backing it's totally opposite for my taste. So, I truly believe in "if you don't feel that style your playing will never transmit something". When I make a take I try to let a piece of my soul there wink.gif
But I wait the melodic contest by David Wallimann smile.gif It should start somewhere in August.
[/quote

It sounds reasonable Monica. If you don't feel it, don't do it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 27 2014, 07:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
A new competition it's open and I thought maybe some of you will be interested smile.gif This time it's about to make an original composition or if you have already one you can submit it.
More detail you can find here: https://apps.facebook.com/meltwaterpromo/998362

3 weeks and 6 days left to submit

+Quote Post
enlo22
Jun 27 2014, 08:08 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaC5ErRPqoY here's my take, there's a million people who are crazy good! but it was fun smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2014, 11:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Jun 27 2014, 07:08 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaC5ErRPqoY here's my take, there's a million people who are crazy good! but it was fun smile.gif

Hey Marcoooo!

Nice take man! I think you have a fair chance here - you played melodic and shreddy as well! A nice combo of technique and mini melodies.

If I were to spot something, that would be the fact that it would be even greater if you would've created a more structured and directional take.
Improvising is really like song writing - it has to have a beginning and an end and a story in between. How to do that?

- analyze the structure - what does it allow you to do - how many different parts are there?
- build a main theme - which can act as a chorus
- develop the main theme if you wish adding or substracting notes
- build 'verse like' phrases in between the passages in which the main theme repeats itself, as any well behaved chorus does smile.gif

People like structure and direction and I think this is what your take needs in order to get you to the next level, in ANY competition out there, because once again, it's not about the technique, but about the music biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 27 2014, 11:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Jun 27 2014, 07:08 AM) *

Great work, I enjoyed your take!! Good luck in contest smile.gif

Marco, I was thinking at something. Why you not enter in EZdrummer 2 - Songwriting Competition with your last song Nostalgic - World Decay? It's a good song and also the mixing sounds VERY good. You worked a lot for mixing and in this kind of contest will matter wink.gif Just think at this, you have an advantage wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2014, 05:58 PM
I tried the MULTI AMP @ Guitar Center and WOW. I was really impressed at how much if "felt" like an amp and NOT like a processor. It has a VERY dynamic response that reminds me a TON of my ELEVEN RACK. When you hit it harder and softer with pick strikes, it completely changes the character of the tone.

I"m on the lookout for a MULTIAMP to buy but I"m a patient guy so I can wait until I find a really good deal on one smile.gif I don't really "need" it as the 11r is still suiting me just fine, but I really liked how it felt so I"d like to add one to my rack smile.gif Anyone else tried one?

Also, one big plus for me is that it DOESN'T sound like an Axe FX. The AXE is a BRILLIANT unit to be sure but I've noticed a similarity in the gain structure across various presets that can make the various tones it gets sort of run together. So many folks that I listen to are using the AXE FX with a MATRIX power amp through either a MESA or ORANGE cab, that it seems the "IT" tone is becoming a nearly limiting factor. Not to say you can't make unique tones with it, YOU CAN smile.gif Just that I'm noticing a LOT of folks using it starting to sound very much alike. Have you guys noticed this?

Here is a multi amp vid just in case smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 27 2014, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post
enlo22
Jun 28 2014, 03:12 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jun 27 2014, 10:40 AM) *
Great work, I enjoyed your take!! Good luck in contest smile.gif

Marco, I was thinking at something. Why you not enter in EZdrummer 2 - Songwriting Competition with your last song Nostalgic - World Decay? It's a good song and also the mixing sounds VERY good. You worked a lot for mixing and in this kind of contest will matter wink.gif Just think at this, you have an advantage wink.gif

hey monica smile.gif where's that competion at? i've never heard about it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 28 2014, 05:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Jun 28 2014, 02:12 AM) *
hey monica smile.gif where's that competion at? i've never heard about it!

I wrote yesterday about competition in this topic tongue.gif It's right before your take for Dream Rig Competition biggrin.gif

https://apps.facebook.com/meltwaterpromo/998362

+Quote Post
enlo22
Jun 28 2014, 08:42 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2014, 10:35 AM) *
Hey Marcoooo!

Nice take man! I think you have a fair chance here - you played melodic and shreddy as well! A nice combo of technique and mini melodies.

If I were to spot something, that would be the fact that it would be even greater if you would've created a more structured and directional take.
Improvising is really like song writing - it has to have a beginning and an end and a story in between. How to do that?

- analyze the structure - what does it allow you to do - how many different parts are there?
- build a main theme - which can act as a chorus
- develop the main theme if you wish adding or substracting notes
- build 'verse like' phrases in between the passages in which the main theme repeats itself, as any well behaved chorus does smile.gif

People like structure and direction and I think this is what your take needs in order to get you to the next level, in ANY competition out there, because once again, it's not about the technique, but about the music biggrin.gif

hey cosmin smile.gifI tried to sort of build a theme but maybe it didn't come across right? The repeating/structured part was the first riff/ at around 1:20? i tried to make that the "home" of the solo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2014, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Jun 28 2014, 07:42 AM) *
hey cosmin smile.gifI tried to sort of build a theme but maybe it didn't come across right? The repeating/structured part was the first riff/ at around 1:20? i tried to make that the "home" of the solo

Hey Marco, you mean the one that appears at 0:25 as well - indeed, it is repeating, but somehow it didn't make it for me.

Now, I may be a little bit subjective on the matter, simply because I am listening to little, close to no shreddy guitar music anymore, but the intention is good! As I said, maybe the parts should be more different in respect to note lengths in order to create a clearer differentiation and dynamic feeling.

See - the main theme in Guthrie's tune is all 16th notes and it creates a certain state of mind, it's very easily recognizable and the other parts have a totally different dynamic, more rests and more a free feel - this could be an example of what I have in mind.

Once again, this is my opinion, maybe the guys have some other thoughts on the matter as well, but it's never a bad thing to have a basket of ideas from which to choose when you will need to work on something wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 6 2014, 05:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I haven't really followed this but a guitar player that I'm subscribed on YouTube posted his video entry and it was Fantastico! I've got to share this

Do you know about Leonardo Guzman?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:33 PM