Axl / Slash
ruben_mcn
Jan 18 2010, 11:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys can anyone tell me whats the deal bettween slash and axl ?? i never really understood what happend bettween them that made slash leve the band (do you think they will ever come back together ?? (i heard an interview where slash said he would be willin to get back together if it was for the fans )... So does anyone know why did they brooke up ???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 18 2010, 11:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 18 2010, 11:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Let's just say Axl Rose is a difficult guy to deal with...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
The Farmer
Jan 19 2010, 01:14 AM
GMC:er
As far as I know Axl made all the other guys in the band sign him all the rights associated with the name and band Guns n Roses. But that is probably not the whole reason as according to Slash biographie (which I will reccomend all slash fans to read) Axl is quite the primadonna and as zakk said Axl is not easy to deal with.

In my oppinion its quite a shame seeing that neither of them will gain the same level of success that they had unless they start working together, seems like there was a kind of synergy between them that really made some great rock music back in the day.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 19 2010, 03:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 18 2010, 05:47 PM) *
Let's just say Axl Rose is a difficult guy to deal with...

Understatement of the year!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 20 2010, 04:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I once heard the other band members (especially Slash) weren't so happy with Axls ballads anymore, they wanted to get back to the hard rock stuff they used to play in their early stage.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jan 20 2010, 05:29 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 20 2010, 04:53 PM) *
I once heard the other band members (especially Slash) weren't so happy with Axls ballads anymore, they wanted to get back to the hard rock stuff they used to play in their early stage.

I heard that as well. Slash is a hardrock dude, so I was never fond of neither Sweet Child of Mine, November Rain or Patience...too bad they all turned to monster hits tongue.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2010, 01:36 AM
Instructor
Dunno about Slash, but I've watched some stuff regarding Axl on TV, he had trouble with law, doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Could be anything I suppose...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 21 2010, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't believe that even if Axl and Slash got back together, they would record stuff on the same level as golden era GNR, not without Izzy.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 21 2010, 10:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 21 2010, 10:39 PM) *
I don't believe that even if Axl and Slash got back together, they would record stuff on the same level as golden era GNR, not without Izzy.

Yup. Slash isn't much of a songwriter and Axel was doing the ballads. Izzy Stradlin was the one who took the band over the top imho!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 22 2010, 09:32 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 21 2010, 01:36 AM) *
Dunno about Slash, but I've watched some stuff regarding Axl on TV, he had trouble with law, doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Could be anything I suppose...

Very true...he used to treat his girlfriend (or girlfriends) really bad at that time and wondererd why they used to break up with him. So he began writing ballads like November Rain (still a great song!) and Estranged and all that stuff...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 23 2010, 12:34 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
With the way Axl treats fans I don't know how he has any. By all accounts I've seen of him he is just simply a bad person.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 24 2010, 01:31 AM
Instructor

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:37 PM