Wise Words To Keep In Mind When Playing/practicing
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2013, 05:16 PM
Instructor
I ran into this page of great thoughts and observations on Andy Timmons' FB page - by Thelonious Monk - in case you don't know who he was, you can find out a bit here -> Thelonious Monk

I think that he kinda summed up some great things in there, right? Sometimes, I think that a bit of a raggedy sheet of paper can hold more secrets about musical truths than a big pile of books stacked together laugh.gif

How many of these are you aware of when playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2013, 09:38 PM
GMC:er
Very cool smile.gif Some really thoughts.
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 20 2013, 12:16 PM) *
I ran into this page of great thoughts and observations on Andy Timmons' FB page - by Thelonious Monk - in case you don't know who he was, you can find out a bit here -> Thelonious Monk

I think that he kinda summed up some great things in there, right? Sometimes, I think that a bit of a raggedy sheet of paper can hold more secrets about musical truths than a big pile of books stacked together laugh.gif

How many of these are you aware of when playing?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Blue Willy
Jul 23 2013, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
This was a real find! I try to keep a similar philosophy going when I play but it is really cool to see it expressed by none other than Thelonius Sphere Monk in his own hand.

Here's a case of synchronicity: I played a gig this past Saturday and my drummer was Chuck Bernstein who is a member of Monk's Music Trio who are considered to be the premier contemporary interpreters of the music of Thelonius Monk by none other than his own son. Chuck and I made each other sound good!

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 11:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blue Willy @ Jul 23 2013, 03:12 AM) *
This was a real find! I try to keep a similar philosophy going when I play but it is really cool to see it expressed by none other than Thelonius Sphere Monk in his own hand.

Here's a case of synchronicity: I played a gig this past Saturday and my drummer was Chuck Bernstein who is a member of Monk's Music Trio who are considered to be the premier contemporary interpreters of the music of Thelonius Monk by none other than his own son. Chuck and I made each other sound good!

Pfff, you know people, sir biggrin.gif As a matter of fact, I can't take my ears off that hillbilly song you posted a while ago - Jack o'diamonds!

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jul 23 2013, 03:43 PM
Theory Instructor
Love that page, been going around us jazz cats for a while, some really good advice on there!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2013, 07:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Professor @ Jul 23 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Love that page, been going around us jazz cats for a while, some really good advice on there!

If you know other such memorabilia, please do share smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:18 AM