Looking For Specific Sound
madspoulsen
Nov 1 2009, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
Hello everyone!

I hope someone can help me out. I am new into guitareffects, and because of that, i have a hard time defining which effects are being used, when i listen to someone play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhthxO_VsyA

I love the effect used in the video (link above), and as i can read, the guy uses a GT-pro multieffect processor. How can i create his sound, if i want to buy single effect pedals?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar: Fender Stratocaster
Amp: Fender hot rod deluxe
Effects: TC-Electronic nova system
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 1 2009, 07:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
There is only a delay effect on his tone (echo), nothing else. He is using an amp modleing of some sort but that's not really important. To get that sound you need an amp, a delay pedal a guitar and your own skill!

This guy is just a good player, most of the tone comes from the fingers!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Skalde
Nov 1 2009, 08:48 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a fxchain which sounds similar. If you own a audio interface you could import it in you DAW.
If I find time I will upload it tomorrow.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 1 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
He is a kind guy, you could ask him and he would help you out smile.gif
About the amp modeling - he is usually using a BOSS GT-PRO on his videos, so it might be that.
Effects, I can only hear delay and some reverb smile.gif

edit:
Reading on his video comment replies, he is using the gt-pro smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 1 2009, 10:25 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 2 2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Do you have an amp or some modeling? You need overdrive pedal for this, american hi gain style one, and you need delay, some reverb, and compressor probably.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
madspoulsen
Nov 2 2009, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
Thank you for the answers. I was pretty convinced about the delay effect aswell, but i wasn't sure smile.gif

QUOTE (Skalde @ Nov 1 2009, 09:48 PM) *
I have a fxchain which sounds similar. If you own a audio interface you could import it in you DAW.
If I find time I will upload it tomorrow.

Unforetunaly i don't own an audio interface sad.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 2 2009, 03:10 PM) *
Do you have an amp or some modeling? You need overdrive pedal for this, american hi gain style one, and you need delay, some reverb, and compressor probably.

I have a fender amp - no modeling. Just my amp and my guitar. I know about all of these effects except the american hi gain style - what do you mean by this? Are you able to give me an example of a pedal like that?

--------------------
Guitar: Fender Stratocaster
Amp: Fender hot rod deluxe
Effects: TC-Electronic nova system

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:11 PM