6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Blues Rock Collab, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 12 2014, 07:24 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! Ten days till the deadline wink.gif Who else is in??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2014, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Come on guys! I'll be editing this one so I hope to receive more takes! Remember that we don't need complete solos, if you just have some phrases of a little solo you can be part of this one! smile.gif

You can even add a rhythm guitar, and effect, some bends, a pedal note,, let's be creative!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 12 2014, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
How many do we have so far?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 12 2014, 11:06 AM) *
Come on guys! I'll be editing this one so I hope to receive more takes! Remember that we don't need complete solos, if you just have some phrases of a little solo you can be part of this one! smile.gif

You can even add a rhythm guitar, and effect, some bends, a pedal note,, let's be creative!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 13 2014, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 12 2014, 08:59 PM) *
How many do we have so far?

There are 7 students on the list and you, me and Gabi - but they still have to submit the takes smile.gif So, let's see here, who else wants to join the crew?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 13 2014, 07:55 AM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 14 2014, 01:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Here is some inspiration : CLICK HERE smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2014, 05:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 14 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Here is some inspiration : CLICK HERE smile.gif

Killer lesson by Guido! He shares some really nice phrasing that goes very connected with the organ arrangements. I'm sure that those who weren't inspired will get good idea from this lesson. Thanks for sharing Bogdan.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 15 2014, 01:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well, here's my attempt

mp4-
[attachment=38384:blues_collab.mp4]

with backing -
[attachment=38386:blues_collab_full.mp3]

guitar only -
[attachment=38387:blues_co..._no_back.wav]

This post has been edited by bleez: Aug 16 2014, 12:24 AM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2014, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Great!! Thanks for this cool take Bleez and for the video. That room is looking very good also, full of nice ladies... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 15 2014, 09:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 15 2014, 06:43 PM) *
Great!! Thanks for this cool take Bleez and for the video. That room is looking very good also, full of nice ladies... biggrin.gif

thanks mate smile.gif
yes, I didnt realise that buying guitars was so much fun tongue.gif turns out it's awesome!
Ive got one more to get this year then Im done ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Aug 16 2014, 12:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 14 2014, 04:20 PM) *
Killer lesson by Guido! He shares some really nice phrasing that goes very connected with the organ arrangements. I'm sure that those who weren't inspired will get good idea from this lesson. Thanks for sharing Bogdan.

Many Thx, Gabriel!!
This was my intention here: a simple but effective phrasing and really close to the organ chords. :-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 16 2014, 02:49 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Here is a part for the chorus. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 16 2014, 06:54 AM
Instructor
Great takes DG and bleez! Thank you for being so early on the collab and nice lines from you both!

DG - your chorus idea sounds very smart and it already promises a stellar take - what sort of a guitar is that? A Caparison maybe? biggrin.gif

bleez - good flow here mate! A nice addition to your already well known tone and a great set of catchy licks!

Alright gentlemen! 6 more days - who's in?

+Quote Post
Spock
Aug 16 2014, 09:27 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 15 2014, 08:39 AM) *
well, here's my attempt

Excellent take! Smooth and tasteful soloing - it sounds like you wrote it, very good phrasing and resolutions.

+10

You too DeGroot - I'm just reading the last page of this thread so that's all I've seen, but excellent on both you guys.

This post has been edited by Spock: Aug 16 2014, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 16 2014, 10:05 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks very much Cosmin & Spock, much appreciated smile.gif
I wish I could knock out a few of those lines that Joe played. That was some classy stuff, DG cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 16 2014, 01:50 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks guys. smile.gif Killer take bleez! Not easy to come up with something over the whole track. Todd's take is splendid too!

Unfortunetly I will only be contributing this small bit. I only had a small window too squeeze this in.

Cosmin- I'll PM the files in a moment.

The guitar I'm playing is a Hamer Californian. Discontinued around '96. I bought this axe off of Todd a couple years back… it is my 80's shred dream guitar with 27 frets. smile.gif I think Caparison had a very similar design some years later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2014, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 15 2014, 10:49 PM) *

Fantastic take mate! It's short but it's pure quality. I'm sure that Guido would add this melody to his track. As I said previously, we are open to receive short takes for these collabs. It's really helps to make the final mix amazing. Thank for your take friend. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Aug 16 2014, 09:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 16 2014, 03:45 PM) *
Fantastic take mate! It's short but it's pure quality. I'm sure that Guido would add this melody to his track. As I said previously, we are open to receive short takes for these collabs. It's really helps to make the final mix amazing. Thank for your take friend. biggrin.gif

Yeah. Really tasty solo with a great feel for melody!! I really like this one a lot, DeGroot! I would do something similar. :-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 17 2014, 03:14 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks Gabi and Guido! smile.gif your feedback is great to hear! Really enjoy playing over this track. It was inspiring to hear what you played in your lesson.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 17 2014, 11:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 16 2014, 12:50 PM) *
Thanks guys. smile.gif Killer take bleez! Not easy to come up with something over the whole track. Todd's take is splendid too!

Unfortunetly I will only be contributing this small bit. I only had a small window too squeeze this in.

Cosmin- I'll PM the files in a moment.

The guitar I'm playing is a Hamer Californian. Discontinued around '96. I bought this axe off of Todd a couple years back… it is my 80's shred dream guitar with 27 frets. smile.gif I think Caparison had a very similar design some years later.

Thanks for clearing things up, DG! I was very sure it was a Caparison - anyway, somehow I began associating that axe with Mattias Eklundh biggrin.gif

Also got the files for which I thank you wink.gif Anybody else got some files for the collab? If so, post them here or send me a PM smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 19 2014, 06:50 AM
Nice! He pulled out THE HAMER!!! I miss that thing!!! Saw one on ebay for $400!! What pickup did you put in the neck position?

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 15 2014, 09:49 PM) *

I"m using my DEAN RAZORBACK with HOMEWRECKER "PUNISHER" pickups in it. Turned out spif!!! Here is the vd!! That should be all my files turned in now!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041...es%20Collab.mov

Here is a preview smile.gif Went a bit crazy on the vid.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:21 AM