Im Getting My New Guitar In A Couple Of Days
vampire18
Aug 16 2009, 09:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
i have ordered it online and im am pretty nervous, even thogh its an ibanez prestige so there shouldn't be any problems.
since im abroad and dont have an amp or anything with me i cant really check if it works all right but besides sound what are the things to check for when getting the new guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sted
Aug 16 2009, 10:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Check immediately for any damage (Especially if the packaging looks crushed or anything), if there is any then inform the shop straight away, no matter how trivial, you may be happy to accept the damage but at least it will be recorded at the shop.
Your guitar will almost certainly need setting up and new strings, very few online retailers bother with set ups due to volume of stock being shipped.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 16 2009, 11:15 AM
Learning Tone Master
The prestige Ibanez guitars come with a fairly good setup from the factory!
You might need new strings because you don't know how old the ones on are... Check for damage, look if the neck is straight and if the intonation is right. Play the guitar dry without and amp and see if all strings are ringing right and if there is no buzz.

Go to a guitar store and play it through an amp^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2009, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Check in detail for minor scratches, neck curve, setup, string buzz, frets, anything. First time you have the chance to play it - do it. It may be a good idea to go to a music store or studio if you can to test it straight away.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Aug 16 2009, 05:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
If it's brand new, there is little likelihood that there will be any sort of problem, except from the shipping company. If the box isn't damaged, check the guitar over for any visible signs. Check the neck and headstock for any cracks. You can tell a lot about an electric guitar without plugging it in. Play it...see how it feels. You can hear and feel fret buzzing better without it plugged in anyway. After you are satisfied with that, get to a music store or a friends house and plug it in. Also, if you don't post pics of your new axe, then you didn't actually buy one!

Good luck man, and don't feel anxiety. These type of purchase work out for the better, WAY more often then not.

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Janos Kallai
Aug 16 2009, 06:04 PM
Instructor
Hi,

If You need help, the best way, go to a guitar service, as soon as possible and there they will check, and adjust Your guitar.

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post
vampire18
Aug 16 2009, 08:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
im not in my home country so i cant go to a friends house but going to a guitar store might be a very good idea. i dontreally know how to check for intonation, especially not without a tuner at hand but i will check it top to bottum for cracks. and as for buzz, i wont send it back to germany and back to israel for a couple of buzzes a guitar luthier can fix in 2 secs, can buzzing suggest a major problem?
and ovcourse ill post pics, no way im spending that much on a guitar and no one would say "wow shes beutiful" lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:31 AM