Anybody Here Played A Line 6 Flextone Ii?
megadeth1117
Aug 16 2009, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
Dont mean to be a bother again but does anyone here own the Line 6 Flextone II? I was playing my friends and it actually sounded very great, but on reviews I have read, I heard it craps out on max volume

can anyone here tell me if that's true?

Thanks in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 16 2009, 09:17 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Try searching for posts from nick "noangels" if I remember well he spoke dearly of Flextone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 20 2009, 01:48 AM
i really liked the one i played...they are pre spider amps...try one!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 20 2009, 02:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have one and like it very much. It is a modeling amp and you really need to get the midi to usb interface cable. This will allow you to use your PC and Line 6 Edit software to tweak your patches (sound).

I have never had a need to turn mine up all the way so I can't comment on that. It is a pretty loud amp and if you need more volume at a live gig you can run xlr direct outs in stereo to a mixing board.

Don't forget to get the foot switch if you get one so you can switch between you tone patches.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 21 2009, 03:05 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Aug 19 2009, 09:14 PM) *
I have one and like it very much. It is a modeling amp and you really need to get the midi to usb interface cable. This will allow you to use your PC and Line 6 Edit software to tweak your patches (sound).

I have never had a need to turn mine up all the way so I can't comment on that. It is a pretty loud amp and if you need more volume at a live gig you can run xlr direct outs in stereo to a mixing board.

Don't forget to get the foot switch if you get one so you can switch between you tone patches.

I traded a half-stack crate for some money any my Flextone II XL. It packs a punch and it takes some tweaking to achieve a nice tone. I do not know about the USB to MIDI interface, it may be something to look into because I desire to tweak my tone a bit more.

As for big sound, I play with a drummer, a bass player, and another guitarist: With the amps master volume at 6 it engulfs my friends halfstack and still maintains it's tone, especially using the recitifier modeling.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Aug 22 2009, 09:38 PM
I have an old flextytone 2 amp that I have used for years for home noodlings and even a gig in a dirty pub in Bath!
If you push it realy hard it can break up a bit,but if you mic up the speaker and let the the soundman give you volume then its great

I use a vetta 2 head in a cover band Im in,I have to be honest and say the flexytone 2 amp has a lot better and realer amp sounding models(apart from the engl powerball vetta models that sound pretty good!)The soldano amps on the flexys are realy good,it sounds a lot like my pod pro with original firmware-the more FX line 6 throws on these amps the more it moves away from the organic original amp tones they used to have!

Kind of prefer tube amps to be honest,use a switchblade with my metal band and am noodling at home on an old carvin belair combo with prs over kerrang on sky-killer rock tone!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:47 AM