2 Pages V   1 2 >  
A New Guitar Soon, Need help to make a choice :]
Christophe
Aug 17 2009, 10:42 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi GMCers,

So I'll buy an another guitar 'cause the one I have is from a begginer pack (and from the cheapest pack too xd).

Now I have some money to spend in my gear (~900€ (1.270 USD)), I already have a STORM amplifier (cheap) and I've bought 2 days ago a distortion footswitch (Behringer HM300). So I wanted a 'Lian-guitar-style' but cheaper (700€ maximum), it's for play metal, hard rock, and other extrem musics.

I made a list of guitar that I could have bought, tell me what you think of smile.gif

• Guitar IBANEZ RG420EG-BAM

• Guitar IBANEZ MTM2-BK Black

• Guitar IBANEZ RG320PG-P1 Warning

• Guitar IBANEZ RG350MDX BK Black

• Guitar IBANEZ RG370DX Black

• Guitar SCHECTER DIAMOND DAMIEN SPECIAL FR CR

• Guitar JACKSON DK-2 BLK UPDATE

• Guitar ESP LTD KH-202

• Guitar IBANEZ RGT 6EXFX-BK

Oh and I wanted to know the difference between Jumbo frets or Wizard II O_o and how to use my disto pedal happy.gif (how to set it)

Thank you !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 17 2009, 10:51 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well either Ibanez or Jackson you cant really go wrong. As a high end Ibanez owner I can vouch for the flawless craftmanship and quality. I also know Jackson guitars rock , although I havent owned one.

Its really down to personal preference! Im guessing you want a metal guitar right? Most of these fit the description. I prefer fixed bridge guitars for tuneing stability and simplicity (allows me to sit down and play any time, without fannying around with lock-in necks and tremelo setups).

p.s. I think the "warning" Ibanez looks awsome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Christophe
Aug 17 2009, 11:05 AM
Yep Ibanez and Jackson guitars are correctly craft that's why I want to get one, and yep I want a metal guitar.

NB : Yaaaa RG320PG-P1 Warning is awesommmmmmmmme I love the design <3

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 17 2009, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
spend more on the guitar now, and the amp later.

meaning,

spend 800-1000 USD on the guitar. get an Ibanez prestige if you are going to ibanez. You owe it to yourself since you already saved up so much. the other USD can go towards an amp like the blackstar ht-5 , which is cheap in price, but amazing in quality and sound.

trust me my friend, you will be much happier if you get an ibanez prestige.

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 17 2009, 05:50 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Aug 17 2009, 05:45 PM) *
spend more on the guitar now, and the amp later.

meaning,

spend 800-1000 USD on the guitar. get an Ibanez prestige if you are going to ibanez. You owe it to yourself since you already saved up so much. the other USD can go towards an amp like the blackstar ht-5 , which is cheap in price, but amazing in quality and sound.

trust me my friend, you will be much happier if you get an ibanez prestige.

+1!
This is the way that I'd go too!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 17 2009, 05:51 PM
Im wondering, that HT 5 blackstar, is that really 5 watt?ohmy.gif

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 17 2009, 05:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
It is 5 watt but the power amp tube is run through more than one time (don't really understand it myself) to get more gain from just one preamp and one poweramp tube. However the amp has 5 watts but it really is louder than actual 5 watts huh.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 17 2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah.... Got it...

not really xD

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 17 2009, 07:10 PM
i know what zakk means... its pretty loud...id take it apart to see whats inside, but i would be signing the death wish for my amp!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Wilska
Aug 17 2009, 07:22 PM
Just wanna chime in on Jackson Guitars:
I love old jacksons and their high end models. But in the last few years the quality of their lower-end models have become very bad. I would stay away from cheaper Jacksons atleast today. And never ever buy a cheap jackson with a floyd-rose copy unless you intend to replace it with a real one. Ibanez own floating tremolos are better than the ones Jackson uses.

--------------------
------ Wilska's Gear ------

Guitars: Gibson Flying V Faded '67, ESP Ltd Alexi 600, Jackson Kelly KE3
Pickups: SD Blackout, Emg 81/85
Amp: Krank Rev Jr Pro
Effects: Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Digitech Hardwire CM-2, Digitech Hardwire DL-8, MXR Phase 90
Recording: Blackstar HT-DistX, Line6 Pod X3 Live
Pick: Dunlop Jazz III XL black, Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14 and 1.40
Strings: GHS Boomers 10-52, Rotosound 10-46

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 17 2009, 09:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
It's weird with jackson, since they were bought by Fender the lower models are getting worse and the middle priced models (from 1000$ up) are becoming better and better!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Christophe
Aug 18 2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks for answers, yes Ibanez Prestige guitars are well-made and beautiful, you gave me an another way to choose my guitar, thanks biggrin.gif.

I watched many forums about the Blackstar HT-5 and the comments are like yours, an awesome amp' 8)

Gonna watch the website of Ibanez smile.gif

C u !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 18 2009, 03:01 AM
Ibanez MTM is the guitar signature of Slipknot's guitarist, isn't it?.

+Quote Post
Christophe
Aug 18 2009, 12:20 PM
Yep it is ^^ smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 18 2009, 01:58 PM
Instructor
True Ibanez fan ha? smile.gif

I suggest what Marc suggested already. Get awesome guitar, later save up for awesome amp wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 18 2009, 03:43 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I have tried RGs.. go with 550s if you want it otherwise you will regret it..

okay looks like 550s are prestige series.. smile.gif They are much easier to play with great stock pickups as well.

Just looking at the site since its been long..

http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG3620Z

That word is from my country!! HIMALAYAN.. looks a true beauty.. smile.gif must be expensive though.

This post has been edited by maharzan: Aug 18 2009, 03:50 PM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Christophe
Aug 18 2009, 08:35 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Aug 18 2009, 02:58 PM) *
True Ibanez fan ha? smile.gif

I suggest what Marc suggested already. Get awesome guitar, later save up for awesome amp wink.gif

Many guitarists I admire use Ibanez guitars so I want to follow their carreers as close as possible biggrin.gif

Yep I think I'll buy that guitar RG 770DX Ruby Red, is it a good choice ? Since I don't know how to recognize a good guitar I chose it by design and price (1100€) so please advise me smile.gif ... I'll have to wait 1 year to have the amp', so long sleep.gif

C u

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2009, 09:34 PM
Instructor
If you want good metal guitar, Ibanez prestige is definitely a good thing to consider. Browse the prestige line to see what kind of model you prefer.

As far as the amp goes, it really depends what is the use for it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Christophe
Aug 18 2009, 10:27 PM
Ok I'll tell you my choice here, I'll buy it Friday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 19 2009, 12:28 AM
Instructor
Great let us know. Have you decided about the amp yet?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:57 AM