Audio Monitoring While Recording
iamblackmo
Aug 21 2009, 03:09 AM
GMC:er
I have a Line 6 Flextone II. I would like to start recording but so far, I am only running a line from the amps headphone out to my line in on my computer.

I want to be able to hear what is being sent to the input.

Is it possible with software? Also, should I look into buying something like guitar port or guitar rig? I am not well-versed in that hardware so I would need advice.

My primary computer is a quad-core Intel PC notebook.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 21 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well what I did was buy a Line 6 UX1 for just a little over $100 bucks. What this lets me do is record my guitar to my PC via USB or XLR. So you could just plug your guitar in to the device with a normal 1/4' cable and use the included POD Farm software to create and record. Also you can use the direct outs on the back of your Flextone which are XLR and bypass the software if you want the amps sound. And yet again you could also use the XLR jack on the front of the UX1 to plug a MIC in and record your Flextone by mic'ing your speaker. There are lots of options.

You need to get the EDIROL UM-1X USB to Midi interface for the amp. This will let you plug your amp into your PC, edit and save your tones to the amp using your PC. There are many things you can tweak and change this way using the Line 6 Edit software that you can't do with just the knobs on the amp. One thing being adjusting the mic's distance from the speaker (which is a part of the cabinet modeling). This makes a HUGE difference in your tone believe me.

Anyway, cheers and let me know if I can help. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 21 2009, 04:26 AM
Learning Roadie
What Uncle said is the way I went as well. The Line 6 stuff is affordable so that is a big plus. You cannot run a guitar port through and amp btw so go with one of the tone ports or better if you decide you need to do that. I mean you can do it with a guitarport but it is not made for that and sounds pretty bad.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:50 AM