8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Tflava's Bootcamp
Timmez
May 21 2021, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé Sarge.

Thanks man. I know my vibrato isnt that good. I think i need to spend my time a little bit different. Some less on picking and more on vibrato.
Maybe one day vibrato and the other day picking.
I also need to study my gig list again because im gonna practice with my 2 bands again smile.gif

But i will try to use the vibrato from your vid. Keep you updates Sarge.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2021, 09:15 PM
GMC:er
Always a good idea to spend practice time on various things. Picking, vibrato, chords, playing clean, playing dirty, solos, etc. Very cool that you will be playing with 2 bands! Nothing is better than jamming with other musicians to make you a better player. It's like "immersion" when learning a language. I was sharing the vid just to share some video on vibrato technique. You can use that same backing you used in your first vid and see if you can just make the vibrato a bit more deep/wide. Then you can have a before/after to see if you like your progress.

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 21 2021, 03:19 PM) *
Hé Sarge.

Thanks man. I know my vibrato isnt that good. I think i need to spend my time a little bit different. Some less on picking and more on vibrato.
Maybe one day vibrato and the other day picking.
I also need to study my gig list again because im gonna practice with my 2 bands again smile.gif

But i will try to use the vibrato from your vid. Keep you updates Sarge.

Thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 24 2021, 03:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Sarge,

here my mission 27.
I only recorded it on top speed because i tried to raise the limit.
You hear a little bit of noise coming from my up because i played high gain.

From now on i will focus on bootcamp lesson 1 time in 2 days.
So i can spend the other time focussing on my vibrato smile.gif

Greetz

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 25 2021, 08:44 PM
Soldier your fretting and picking is great here!! However, in every take, I can hear that string noise happening. I think your gain is perfect. It allows for lighter strikes and your tone is spot on, so I would not reduce your gain just to try to cover up the string noise. What is happening here is that your mute is off just by a little bit. Your hand is nicely centered on the bridge, but one string isn't getting adequately muted as it's ringing out during play.

Play this bit and look at your picking hand, not your fretting hand. Ignore your fretting hand entirely. it's ok if you miss every note, because you need to find where your palm mute gap is. So examine your mute (playing at top speed as you are in the vid) and adjust your palm mute to cover this gap. At that point you will be playing at top speed, you can keep your tone setting as it's just the right amount of gain, and you won't get string noise. The reason I have you play this type of lick is to help find out where the gaps in your mute are. You see, unless we find the gaps, we can't address them. The point here is not to fix this one issue for this one little drill, the point is to fix this issue so that for the rest of your life when you play briskly anywhere near this position, that you can keep string noise at bay. Does this make sense?

Once more in to the breach!!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 24 2021, 10:57 AM) *
Hey Sarge,

here my mission 27.
I only recorded it on top speed because i tried to raise the limit.
You hear a little bit of noise coming from my up because i played high gain.

From now on i will focus on bootcamp lesson 1 time in 2 days.
So i can spend the other time focussing on my vibrato smile.gif

Greetz

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 25 2021, 08:45 PM

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 26 2021, 03:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Sarge.
I will work on it.
Greetz

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 26 2021, 08:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello sarge.

I rushes it a bit the time before.
Think this is better. Put my hand a little more over the strings.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2021, 09:58 PM
Much better!! Being able to keep a solid mute while picking briskly is crucial to being able to play fast without losing precision and without generating string noise. You are doing a very good job here on all fronts. Picking is clean, muting is solid, and your keeping your fret hand close to the fretboard. it's a LOT of things to coordinate at the same time. It's putting all of these things together at once that represents such a huge challenge for most players. That is what it takes though. A player must be able to focus on several things at the same time including playing in time and for solos, in key!

You've got this sorted soldier. You are ready for the next FIGHT!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 26 2021, 03:16 PM) *
Hello sarge.

I rushes it a bit the time before.
Think this is better. Put my hand a little more over the strings.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 30 2021, 10:15 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright Sarge thanks a lot.
I think the up coming weeks i take a break of the bootcamp because i have to (re) learn the setlist of my bands.

With one band we have a repertoire of 70 songs and with the other 35 so i have to focuss on it again smile.gif

Im also asked to play with a jam session band so i will join that also.
When im back on track and have the songs in my head again i wil continu my practice session.

But for now i need to be ready to gig again because it seems we can perform again this summer smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2021, 08:02 PM
You've made great progress Soldier!! I hope you can get back to it soon as you can. You are about to get to the really tricky stuff but I think you are ready for it. Congrats on your live bands! I hope your gigging goes well. Keep me posted and I hope to see you soon!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 30 2021, 05:15 AM) *
I think the up coming weeks i take a break of the bootcamp because i have to (re) learn the setlist of my bands.

With one band we have a repertoire of 70 songs and with the other 35 so i have to focuss on it again smile.gif

When im back on track and have the songs in my head again i wil continu my practice session.

But for now i need to be ready to gig again because it seems we can perform again this summer smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2021, 09:53 PM
I hope you can find the time to do a mission now and then Soldier! You were making amazing progress! Phil gave me this link which will let you download your mission badge in the even it is giving you trouble. Evidently some folks are getting hung up trying to get their badge!

https://ezgif.com/webp-to-jpg

QUOTE (tflava @ May 30 2021, 05:15 AM) *

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jun 12 2021, 08:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello sarge.

Wanted to let you know that i continue bootcamp again.
Send you a vid in a week smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2021, 09:10 PM
It's great to have you back Soldier!!!!!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Jun 12 2021, 03:29 PM) *
Hello sarge.

Wanted to let you know that i continue bootcamp again.
Send you a vid in a week smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jun 19 2021, 05:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Sarge,

Here is my mission 28. i used economy picking 2 times during the lick.

What do i have to do with mission 29?

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2021, 05:51 AM
Well Fought Soldier!!! This is a "Shred" lick. It's one that is built for speed. It goes back and forth over the same notes to give the impression that a ton of notes are happening when in fact many of them are just repeats. This is a common shred trick. At speed, the human ear just hears a flurry of notes. It doesn't register that many of them are notes that have already been played. One thing to try with this lick, like any shred lick, is to try to see how few pick strikes you can get away with. It's worth picking every note in a lick to see what it's like to do so, it's also worth it to see how few pick strikes you can use on any given lick as legato mixed with picking can change the character of a lick.

BTW Mission 29 is just two licks. Try the second one as a DOUBLE PICKING lick, even though the tablature is only showing one strike per note. I want you to just play each one twice.

You got this one Soldier!!! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Jun 19 2021, 12:11 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

Here is my mission 28. i used economy picking 2 times during the lick.

What do i have to do with mission 29?

Greetz Tim

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 20 2021, 06:04 AM

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jun 27 2021, 07:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hello Sarge,

here is my mission 29.
I tried the double picking at 130 Bpm but it was at my limit.

Thanks again.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2021, 12:11 AM
SUPER congrats on this one Soldier!! You are doing a KILLER job of the most tricky part of Bootcamp. You have separated your picking hand in to two parts. The back half of your hand is resting on the bridge and is not drifting. The front half of yoru picking hand is moving and striking the string. this is by far the hardest thing to teach and the hardest thing to learn IMHO per my experience with bootcamp. it feels very odd at first and it's very hard to change the entire picking style of the hand. This is not a style of picking that comes naturally for folks and usually has players have to start from zero and re learn picking from the ground up. You've adapted very well to this. Also, I see you looking at your pick hand instead of your fret hand which is also great. This too is not easy. The eyes want to move to the fret hand. However, when learning a new style of picking, it's important to watch the pick hand. I can see the time you've put in Soldier and it's paid off!

You are picking clean, smooth, in time and and at proper depth. Now that you have this style of shred picking well in hand, I think you will start to notice more gains in your speed. Control has to come first and now you have it. Well fought Soldier. You are more than ready for what's coming next! I always say that Bootcamp is like the Military, you get out of it what you put in to it. You are getting a lot out because you put a lot in! Keep it up!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Jun 27 2021, 02:35 PM) *
hello Sarge,

here is my mission 29.
I tried the double picking at 130 Bpm but it was at my limit.

Thanks again.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 16 2021, 06:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello sarge,

How are you?
Im buissy at the moment with a lot of stuff and im studying fusion guitar of which i also have a lot of licks.
Is it possible to use my own licks for the bootcamp or do i need to use you mission. Then i maybe split the next mission up in 2 sections because of my time.

Grtz tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2021, 08:12 PM
Glad to hear you are absorbing more styles in to your playing Soldier!! The more the better! You can always put any vid of yoru playing in bootcamp and I'm glad to give you feedback on it! The Missions are the bits that get badged up though. You can put up mission vids, practice vids, anything you like and Id love to see it and give you any advice that i think might help. Splitting up misisons is a great idea especially with the big ones. I look forward to seeing your next vid!

Onward!
Sarge
QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 16 2021, 01:43 PM) *
Hello sarge,

How are you?
Im buissy at the moment with a lot of stuff and im studying fusion guitar of which i also have a lot of licks.
Is it possible to use my own licks for the bootcamp or do i need to use you mission. Then i maybe split the next mission up in 2 sections because of my time.

Grtz tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 16 2021, 09:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Okay nice man then i will split the mission up. Starting by tomorrow again smile.gif thanks

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2021, 02:34 AM
Give em Hell Soldier!! really liked your solo with gabe btw!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 16 2021, 04:46 PM) *
Okay nice man then i will split the mission up. Starting by tomorrow again smile.gif thanks

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 AM