> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Explosive Punk Rock, lesson by Adrian Figallo
Explosive Punk Rock
Grade
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Lenni
Aug 29 2011, 10:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys, here's another one!

I mainly chose this lesson to distract me from the slow soloing lesson which hopefully will be ready very soon. In the meantime I wanted to do something not so hard and since this is a punk lesson I though 'what could possibly go wrong?' and gave it a shot wink.gif

Explosive Punk Rock lesson

Gear:
Fender USA Strat
Mbox Mini
Garageband (with some punk rock preset)

Again thanks to anyone for your good advice! - I'm actually really glad that I finally subscribed here smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 10 2011, 01:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2011, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Hey Lenni! Very good take mate - aside from some let's say, not perfectly defined chords and timing slips towards the end, where the octaves kick in, I think you did well! Keep practicing more carefully and you'll nail this without any trouble!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 30 2011, 07:06 AM
Instructor
Hey dude, nice tone man, i like the attitude and overall the whole take, i think that you can work on your right hand and keep it agressive but relax it a bit more at the same time.

I like your mutting technique, super duper dry.

You gotta work on the timing for the solo, is not as easy smile.gif

Good job!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2011, 07:20 AM
Instructor
Good job man! I like your rocker attitude on this one! smile.gif I think that you have to get a more defined sound of your power chords in the first part and work on the timing of the octave chords melodies. Work on those things and you'll get a perfect take. Keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 31 2011, 12:30 PM
Instructor
It sounds very good man. You have the proper attitude. The thing you need to work on is the strumming hand. Just try to relax more, and keep the motion going with a steady flow. It will improve your timing as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 10 2011, 01:16 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Your close on this one man, 7.3

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:29 PM