4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Rofl German Is The Most Ridiculous Language Ever.
Nazgul
Jul 11 2008, 10:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 11 2008, 11:38 PM) *
Isn't French incredible complex when it comes to grammar? tongue.gif

I have French in school, and it is AWFUL. rolleyes.gif I like the language but the grammar is awful. A rule applies to 51% of the words ... and 49% are exceptions. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 14 2008, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (IDontWantMyUsername @ Jul 9 2008, 10:51 PM) *
German is obligatory at school here in Norway, I don't understand why! ohmy.gif dry.gif

Eh, no it's not.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 14 2008, 04:13 PM
I took German in high school. That was many years ago but I still remember a few things. It was pretty difficult, but I had a decent teacher so that made it a little easier.

I find it funny, but I remember learning more German from Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage" albums than I did in school. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jul 14 2008, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (Jeff @ Jul 14 2008, 11:13 AM) *
I took German in high school. That was many years ago but I still remember a few things. It was pretty difficult, but I had a decent teacher so that made it a little easier.

I find it funny, but I remember learning more German from Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage" albums than I did in school. laugh.gif

Learning German in High School while listening to german music must make it easier then tongue.gif (Thank you Rammstein laugh.gif ).

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 14 2008, 10:32 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Jeff @ Jul 14 2008, 03:13 PM) *

But did you learn French using FZ's 'Zoot Allures' Jeff wink.gif ?

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 15 2008, 12:46 AM
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 10 2008, 12:37 AM) *
Huh? When did that happen? I'm starting VG3 now, and haven't had a single german class tongue.gif

'boy are you going to fail in German! Missed every single class tongue.gif

Rammstein sounds silly in english, they require to be in German.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jul 15 2008, 12:53 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jul 14 2008, 07:46 PM) *
Rammstein sounds silly in english, they require to be in German.

+1 Although they do sound good in english (sometimes)

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Jul 15 2008, 12:55 AM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 15 2008, 01:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jul 15 2008, 01:46 AM) *
'boy are you going to fail in German! Missed every single class tongue.gif

Haha laugh.gif
The teacher looked at me funny once, so I left the class and ever went back unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jul 15 2008, 10:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Deutsche Sprache - Schwere Sprache laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 16 2008, 01:08 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 14 2008, 04:32 PM) *
But did you learn French using FZ's 'Zoot Allures' Jeff wink.gif ?

No, I missed that one! mad.gif ... searching, searching, damn ipod! I'll look that one up. You have sparked my curiosity.

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jul 19 2008, 11:07 AM
All I know in German is automobile related. I worked as a mechanic at an Opel garage, and I was asked one day to retrofit a remote controlled diesel pre-heater with cabin controls and timer on, not original. And they said "Here is your german instruction book, now go" I haven't ever had a single word of German .. But I had to guess my way and it went quite well happy.gif All I know is words like "Heizgerät" "Slauchschelle" "Kraftstofspympf" "Personkraftwagenunterstellungsplatz" ..

If your puzzled by German, go to war with learning Danish then.. Nothing is phonetic, the verbs don't make sense and we don't regular or irregular articles, they differ to each word and theres no rules for it.

Example: a train = et tog , a dog = en hund .. "a" is "et" to a train in Danish, and "en" to a dog .. And you just have to know .. It's all like that.. happy.gif

-Rooks

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 19 2008, 11:58 AM
You should definitly start out by learning Swedish... I mean, the word genre is pronounced like Sjanger, though it should be pronounced like genre (if you follow the rules)

In some areas of Sweden you remove the R from some words like, farfar (grandfather on the fathers side, fathers father really..) being Fafa, morfar (mothersfather directly translated) being mofa.

We also have two different types of R, one made deep in the throat, like the root of the tounge, and then we have the R made by the tip of your tounge. Which one you use is up to you but the deep one is more south and the tip of the tounge is like more to the north.

We have two words for a and an (just like in enligsh, but they aren't based on any rule); en & ett. en bil (a car), ett äpple (an apple), en apelsin, ett apelsin (an orange, can be both en and ett) etc.

and is translated to och, och is pronounced ock.

it's bullshit really, but who cares biggrin.gif

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 19 2008, 02:59 PM
All I know in German is automobile related. I worked as a mechanic at an Opel garage, and I was asked one day to retrofit a remote controlled diesel pre-heater with cabin controls and timer on, not original. And they said "Here is your german instruction book, now go" I haven't ever had a single word of German .. But I had to guess my way and it went quite well All I know is words like "Heizgerät" "Slauchschelle" "Kraftstofspympf" "Personkraftwagenunterstellungsplatz" ..

If your puzzled by German, go to war with learning Danish then.. Nothing is phonetic, the verbs don't make sense and we don't regular or irregular articles, they differ to each word and theres no rules for it.

Example: a train = et tog , a dog = en hund .. "a" is "et" to a train in Danish, and "en" to a dog .. And you just have to know .. It's all like that..

-Rooks

QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 19 2008, 11:58 AM) *
You should definitly start out by learning Swedish... I mean, the word genre is pronounced like Sjanger, though it should be pronounced like genre (if you follow the rules)

In some areas of Sweden you remove the R from some words like, farfar (grandfather on the fathers side, fathers father really..) being Fafa, morfar (mothersfather directly translated) being mofa.

We also have two different types of R, one made deep in the throat, like the root of the tounge, and then we have the R made by the tip of your tounge. Which one you use is up to you but the deep one is more south and the tip of the tounge is like more to the north.

We have two words for a and an (just like in enligsh, but they aren't based on any rule); en & ett. en bil (a car), ett äpple (an apple), en apelsin, ett apelsin (an orange, can be both en and ett) etc.

and is translated to och, och is pronounced ock.

it's bullshit really, but who cares biggrin.gif

Good thing I won't be learning those anytime soon, and good thing they are confided to relatively small populations! I think I will stick to Spanish and Mandarin Chinese, and maybe branch out into other romance languages and sino-tibetan languages because they are so similar to eachother, hell I could read some Japanese writing just because I know so many Chinese Characters, and all nouns and many other words have the exact same character in Chinese and Japanese. I think I'll keep the Scandanavian languages to themselves up North.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fidelman
Jul 20 2008, 12:07 AM
Here in norway we get to learn, Spanish, italian, german, french or in some cases greek, latin or russian. Being the fool i am i chose german at a young age... i cry myself to sleep now...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:17 PM