No More Linkmember :(
macseamus
Aug 9 2010, 07:43 PM
GMC:er
Looks like access via linkmembers has been seriously reduced?

I'll be honest with you and tell you that I'm not going to make a subscribtion to GMC this year or probably the next year, - I just don't have the time to get down to it and practice, however I have enjoyed occasionally taking a look at a lesson, like maybe one every three or four months.
For a while that was a pretty good return on giving a link to the site, which if it helps is great!

However, I can't reactivate my account anymore, I get told my pages don''t have a high enough page rank anymore.

Fair enough, you're obviously not going to give free access out to everyone who has a webpage.
But what rank does GMC want? I even tried a page that has a higher rank than GMC itself and that still wasn't good enough.

sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 9 2010, 10:18 PM
The check page rank website they use doesn't exist or work anymore, its been like this for some time, even if your a pagerank 6+ webmaster it wouldn't work (saying you don't have enough rank when you only need PR2+).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 10 2010, 09:36 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 9 2010, 11:18 PM) *
The check page rank website they use doesn't exist or work anymore, its been like this for some time

Hello Azzaboi - you have stated this before but as far as I can see you are not correct. The function which verifies page rank is still working - however there was a url which allowed people to manually check page rank which stopped working. This link has been removed and is not used by the linkmember feature. (if you still find a link to the faulty url anywhere please let me know!)

QUOTE (macseamus @ Aug 9 2010, 08:43 PM) *
But what rank does GMC want? I even tried a page that has a higher rank than GMC itself and that still wasn't good enough.

If you have a very high ranked website you can get directly in touch with an admin to get a free account ( info(at)guitarmasterclass.net ).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 10 2010, 10:07 AM
I must of been wrong in assuming it was the entire thing, good news is it did work... (maybe the confirm message just didnt show?)
I just didn't reason it was accepted until next time I tried and it said it's already used! Tried login and its working fine smile.gif

It's just the manual check page rank which is missing as Kristofer said, thx

I would suggest changing the webpage: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/linkmembers/
Want to ckeck your PageRank?
Check the pagerank of your website at checkpagerank.nu -->

This link is not working and quite confusing (you might be able to use checkpagerank.net as a replacement instead?)
Note a small typo with the word 'ckeck' -> 'check'

Also maybe have a note somewhere on that page for requirements...
What pagerank is needed to be accepted? 2+

Cheers Kristofer, keep rocking!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 11 2010, 01:44 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 11 2010, 08:36 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 10 2010, 11:07 AM) *
I would suggest changing the webpage: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/linkmembers/

This link is not working and quite confusing (you might be able to use checkpagerank.net as a replacement instead?)
Note a small typo with the word 'ckeck' -> 'check'

Good to hear it worked for you! Can you give me a screenshot of this message - as far as I can see it should have been removed long ago!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 11 2010, 08:08 PM
Sure, here you go.
The link I go to get to the page is at the far bottom/right called 'LinkMember'
and I'm referring just to the bottom of that page.

I think it might of been actually changed a while back but restored to it's original backup now?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 11 2010, 08:39 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
macseamus
Aug 12 2010, 09:58 PM
Hi, the site I used to use currently has a page rank of 4. It used to be higher, but it went down, probably because admin didn't renew the domain and it was offline for a couple of weeks. I tried, just to see if it was working, with a webpage with rank 6 and that wasn't accepted either. I would have to get some other people to agree to put a link on that site though. So it would seem that more than 2 is required, Azzoboi?

ThAnKs!

This post has been edited by macseamus: Aug 12 2010, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 12 2010, 10:59 PM
As far as I know...
It works better as a homepage link maybe, ensure you got the link tag correct, use your email as login and a password 7 characters or more.

The link should look something like:
CODE
<a href="http://www.guitarmasterclass.net" target="_blank">guitar lessons</a>

Check the page with checkpagerank.net and make sure it's pagerank 2 or higher?

If the linkmember says PR is too low, try again... next time I did it, it came up link is already in use. I think the issue is if this error message shows once and you correct it or move the link and try again it doesn't go away and display the successful message?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 12 2010, 11:00 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
macseamus
Aug 13 2010, 05:53 PM
The Link is on the homepage, just tried changing the llink tag to exactly as you specified, email and password as before and more than 7 chars, checkpagerank.net currently reports Google PageRank 4/10, but still I get this response: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/linkmembers/lowpr/

I just tried again with a page that gives Google Pagerank 6/10 and Link popularity as follows, in case this is also a factor:
Google Yahoo! AllTheWeb Total
498 2630 2190 5318

Still I get https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/linkmembers/lowpr/

I tried removing the link to see the results were bieng cached, and I did get a no link found error, so I dunno what's up there at all.

This post has been edited by macseamus: Aug 13 2010, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
macseamus
Aug 13 2010, 06:18 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 10 2010, 02:36 AM) *
If you have a very high ranked website you can get directly in touch with an admin to get a free account ( info(at)guitarmasterclass.net ).

Thanks Kris, I have taken your reply on board. I am still curious as to why it doesn't just work with the pagerank 6 site, and
I wonder what you mean by very high ranked website. I have a few music related sites, and I could put on a logo too on them, or maybe it's of more benefit just having the links for SEO.

Last year I pretty much had to renew the account via the linkmembers page every time I logged in, as it had been deactivated, although this may have been due to not logging in for more than 2 months!

This post has been edited by macseamus: Aug 13 2010, 06:22 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:01 PM