Galloping Technique
Nody
Oct 15 2007, 04:49 AM
GMC:er
Hi Pavel,

I wonder if you could do a video on how to do that galloping sound that the likes of Iron Maiden and Metallica do? I just can't seem to get it.

Cheers

Nody

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Pavel
Oct 15 2007, 04:53 AM
Instructor
Can you give me an example video? I am not big at naming stuff so i am not 100% sure about galloping stuff. I am like 90% sure what it is but just want to make sure smile.gif

Gimme some links to YouTube, ok?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Nody
Oct 15 2007, 05:33 AM
Um. This dude demonstartes it but i just dont get. sorry i am a begginer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkYH8rtTZxM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 15 2007, 05:59 AM
Instructor
Ok, it's just what i thought it is! No probs, i'll make the next Heavy Metal For Beginners with that! smile.gif Btw. there is metal lesson 4 coming this week, so i will cover galloping in the upcoming riffing lesson smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
symon
Oct 15 2007, 06:02 AM
cant wait for lesson 4 pavel these lessons have really bridged the gap for myself and i imagine for many others thanks
warm regards symon

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 15 2007, 06:59 AM
Instructor
Hey Symon i am glad those lessons help! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nody
Oct 15 2007, 04:26 PM
Top stuff Pavel. I cant wait for that lesson too.

Many thanks

Nody

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 15 2007, 09:33 PM
Instructor
Hey Nody, just to let you know, there will be 2 galloping lessons wink.gif Got some fresh ideas now and you can expect them next week! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nody
Oct 16 2007, 12:07 AM
Many thanks Pavel. Can't wait.

+Quote Post
Nody
Oct 23 2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Pavel. Just wondering how Galloping techniques, lessons are going?

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 23 2007, 08:22 PM
I really wanted to learn this technique but never knew what its called.

A quick question...

I sorta understand that we alternate pick at an un-constant speed (like speed up and slow down). To do this we need to alt. pick those high strings. How do we get the notes to sound the same when up and down strokes?

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 23 2007, 08:25 PM
Instructor
Jammer, it's much easier than it may look. I explained the very simple theory behind it in the lesson so jsut wait for the lesson to go live. it's on the server already, just waiting for Kris to put it live.

As for "same" up and down strokes - that's why you practice. With practicing you can get those to be the same.

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 23 2007, 09:48 PM
Cool this will be interesting. I think i get the general jist of it, aren't you playing a sixteenth note but just leaving out the last note before the beat?

+Quote Post
Nody
Oct 23 2007, 11:13 PM
Cheers Pavel. Cant wait

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:02 PM