2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Kris, Marcus & Superize, An unforgettable Saturday night with Blind Guardian in Stockholm!
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 25 2010, 05:30 PM
GMC Founder
17:50 Isac (Superize) and me met up outside "Klubben" in Stockholm. A little early, we (or at least I) were freezing in the queue. Doors would open 18:30
Attached Image

Inside with our backstage passes ( thanks a million for those Marcus!!)
Attached Image

Aaand finally we got to meet the man himself. If you think Marcus Siepen from blind Guardian is a nice guy...THINK AGAIN! He is über nice - and see - he even germanized us in just 30 minutes. We had an awesome time speaking about everything from Yngwie's alcohol habits (and no we weren't responsible for that beer cartoon) to sweep picking.

Evil Pic:
Attached Image

Happy Pic:
Attached Image

When Marcus hit the stage with his band it was like being run over by a truck of sound. Blind Guardian, bring their massive - epic - sound with them on stage. On top of that Marcus blew us away with awesome stage presence - he was all over the place with his tight rhythm and melodic lines. We could also tell the band was having a great time with constant interaction and eye contact between each other and the audience.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

What a night! Loaded with impressions, metal energy and GMC picks (!) we said goodbye.
Attached Image

Isac will have to fill me in as I am sure I have missed details of the evening. But in short: if you get a chance to catch Blind Guardian on their current world tour you won't regret it! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 25 2010, 05:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
Nice. Sounds fun! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 25 2010, 05:56 PM
Instructor
wow, great night indeed! I wish I was there,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 25 2010, 06:00 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome guys, I'm sure you both had a great time! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 25 2010, 06:27 PM
Instructor
wow that looks fun!!!
we should organize a GMC meeting sometime in the future, i'm SURE it will be fun as hell!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 25 2010, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, what a night smile.gif smile.gif

I wish I could've been there too! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 25 2010, 06:41 PM
Instructor
That must have been awesome !!!! And finally getting to meet Marcus ! Who was more starstruck.. you or him ??? : wink.gif

Oh, and if you know any Yngwie stories, Kris.. you have to share !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 25 2010, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
We shure had a great time and i will definently com back to Stockholm.

The only thing i regreat was that i have been walking so much during the day so my legs were very tired before the show.

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Fre
Oct 25 2010, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
It looked a really great expierience!
I'm jealous!

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 25 2010, 07:11 PM
GMC:er
Really nice!

Seeing Blind Guardian live is probably very cool.
As VIP guests should be just awesome smile.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 25 2010, 07:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looks like you guys had a great time smile.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 25 2010, 08:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool... wish I'd been there! smile.gif

+Quote Post
alvaroshredd
Oct 25 2010, 08:24 PM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Oct 25 2010, 05:27 PM) *
wow that looks fun!!!
we should organize a GMC meeting sometime in the future, i'm SURE it will be fun as hell!

yeah adrian! that would be so cool! haha but where? we´re everyone from different countries xD

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Oct 25 2010, 08:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very cool guys
It looked like lots of fun

p.s Heineken best beer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 25 2010, 09:04 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
ooh you lucky guys on many levels!!! great pics, looks like you had an excellent night! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 25 2010, 10:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice pics guys. If I can find a metalhead pal, I'm going to see Marcus in December on the Canadian leg of their tour.

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Jasonius
Oct 26 2010, 02:09 AM
Nice to see you guys having a great time. I'll have to go to Seattle to see them. There not coming to Vancouver. ???

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2010, 03:12 AM
Instructor
Great pics guys! It's cool to see you together! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 26 2010, 03:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
That most have been sooooo great !!! Nice to see that GMCers can meet from different places. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2010, 08:18 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 25 2010, 07:41 PM) *
That must have been awesome !!!! And finally getting to meet Marcus ! Who was more starstruck.. you or him ??? : wink.gif

Oh, and if you know any Yngwie stories, Kris.. you have to share !!! biggrin.gif

Hehe! Well I know some but I'm not sure you I dare tell you... What if he should come here one day and see them?! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (superize @ Oct 25 2010, 08:00 PM) *
We shure had a great time and i will definently com back to Stockholm.

The only thing i regreat was that i have been walking so much during the day so my legs were very tired before the show.

I hear you! I was also pretty tired and I hadn't even been walking all day... ( by the way I cant imagine what Marcus felt after jumping around on stage for more than two hours)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:40 PM