Happy Ending: 8 String Replacement
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2013, 05:34 AM
GMC:er
I am thrilled to announce that the fine folks @ Guitar Center, (who did sorta wreck the 8 string I'd purchased) were kind enough to give me a brand spanking new one, with a complete setup (this time the setup was PERFECT, the first one however was not) and fresh strings. It plays 10 x better than the first RG8 they set up for me. It's just amazing what they did with it. I knew they could do good work if they wanted to. I suspect they are used to running guitars through pretty quickly as many new players/customers might not be that picky on setup. I"m CRAZY picky about how my guitars are setup so I sent it back the first time. Not to mention the paint somehow got scratched when they did the setup thus my asking for a new guitar.

But all's well that ends well and I can't wait to do some lessons and collabs with this BEAST!!! It's an RG8 which is probably the least expensive 8 string I've ever seen that still has a Wizard II neck. I've owned one of the LTD 8 Strings and it honestly didn't play as well as this, even after setup. The string tension seemed to high, and I couldn't get the action low enough for my tastes. Of course some folks LOVE the LTD 8s and HATE the Ibby 8s so your mileage may vary smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 17 2013, 05:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mr rotton treat
Feb 17 2013, 06:12 AM
That's awesome news man!

Glad to hear they rectified the situation.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 17 2013, 03:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Very pleased to hear they replaced your guitar. NO excuse for scratching up someone's guitar. Out of curiosity, did they even say they scratched it up, or did you notice first? I was wondering if you think they were just going to hope you didn't notice.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 17 2013, 05:27 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't think GC's are normally that good for customer service, so glad to hear they treated you right

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Feb 17 2013, 07:56 PM
Glad you got it worked out. Can't wait to hear that beast!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2013, 08:45 PM
Instructor
Great news mate! I can't wait to see this one in action! (maybe in a collab!) smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2013, 02:36 AM
I pulled the Ibby 8 out for a bit in Todays video chat to give folks a look smile.gif I look forward to getting used to this beast and using it on some collabs!

Todd

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 19 2013, 10:09 AM
That's good news Todd! I bet you're elated.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2013, 11:16 PM
I'm so STOKED I can barely stand it smile.gif I must say this thing is a BEAST but it plays very close to my 7 strings Ibby, which is very close to my 6 string ibby. In short, it's very workable as an actual playable guitar. Some 8 strings I"ve played felt like a guitar that wanted to be a BASS. Not so with this one. If anyone is looking to get in to an 8, for the price, this is hard to beat!!

Todd

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Feb 19 2013, 04:09 AM) *
That's good news Todd! I bet you're elated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:58 AM