> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Gitarcitolga's Musical Journey
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2012, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Hey Tolga! Wuzzup man? biggrin.gif this is your thread and I would like to start by asking you what would you like to start developing regarding music and guitar playing? The more you tell me, the better I will be able to help out biggrin.gif write as much as you think necessary wink.gif

LEEEEET's ROCK!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Mar 24 2012, 11:33 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 24 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Hey Tolga! Wuzzup man? biggrin.gif this is your thread and I would like to start by asking you what would you like to start developing regarding music and guitar playing? The more you tell me, the better I will be able to help out biggrin.gif write as much as you think necessary wink.gif

LEEEEET's ROCK!

Cosmin

Dude not much man. I just had my 3rd operation from ingrown toenail yesterday.It will take about 15 days to recover.Other than that our whole apartment is under construction so my guitars and amps are stucked in a tiny corner in living room.Other than that everyting is okay. How about you? I see you got 2 bands voodo and aria? How can you manage them both,additionally GMC and personal life? Dude you must be a superman.
So I think first of all if this mentoring is only for 2 weeks, it's damn short. I know it's gonna take a lot of time and effort for you but Kris could build a mentoring contiuously for one year but with different tuitors over same students.Anyway it's just my idea business belongs to Kris.

Musically I'm fucked up dude. Here my problems.
1. Lately I'm reading abour home recording stuff.I need a sound card,a software and some multi guitar effect processor as software. I can't afford the softwares but I need to find some way to download as soon as possible so recording myself will make a big difference in my playing.
Do you have any help for me with a web site,e-book,cracked recording software link,any advice for soundcards?...for home recording...

2.Scales: I'm stucked with minor pentatonic scale. Since I do not know how to improvise, I can't skip to the other scales because I'm not satisfied and done with this scale. I cannot play any solo over some chord progression.Please please tell me how to improvise over a scale.Actually what should I think while the progression is playing?Also what scale do I need to study after penta minor and how I should practise it?

3.I'm stucked with open chords. I do not know how to study and what to do with chords.Please tell me how to practise with chords (and also scales) and what to do with them.
4.I do not know any rhythm playing. How should I practise rhythms and how I should practise them?
5.I love dream theater,megadeth,jeff loomis,jason becker songs. But I cannot play their songs.I fucking dont enjoy practising any other songs.So I know zero songs at the moment and when someone says play some songs some guitar for me,Im like I cant play shit.So as you see Im fucking frustrated with this instrument which I cant play any shit with it,I cant play improvise,cant record,cant play scaşes over a rhythm.
I think somehow if I can show myself playing something to GMC instructors every week what ever they tell me to play,I can make an improvement.I can rec myself with an Iphone and show you all that I'm playing this and that.But I just need a scheduled training program.Otherwise Im lost dude.This mentoring is for two weeks only,so I dont think it's gonna be an enough help so what else I can do for more practise schedule?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Mar 24 2012, 03:14 PM
Learning Chord Basher
You need more details man?I can give you any info dude; my birth of date,citizenship ID #,my mother's maiden name,the dream I had last night etc etc..lol..I'm so pissed off guy with the guitar but a funny dude in general.I'll play and study whatever you recommend me and Im gonna REC it when I'm done so you can see my progress.

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Hey Tolga!

taking things in reverse order biggrin.gif

- the Katatonia style lesson is good for improvising in the Aminor pentatonic, it's just that you have to be conscious of the fact that phrasing is important biggrin.gif what do you say if you would record yourself over it and we can see what you came up with?
- second, my life is as it is because I have a chance of doing all these things smile.gif it's beautiful, its an incredible amount of work and my girl feels this the most but it's my path and I am proud to walk on it!
- third - let's see what we have to work on wink.gif

Why only two weeks man? In order for you to be able to make a progress you need to be consistent and keep your focused mind with you smile.gif I'll point out a few advices and based on your feedback we shall start working on a few lessons focused on these aspects biggrin.gif

1) Scales - scales are a bunch of notes which should help you play over chord progressions - why am I saying this so simplistically? Because that's what they actually are - you need to be able to sing those notes - that way you internalize them and then sing them over chords which are appropriate for that scale smile.gif

2) Open chords are nothing else but chords containing open strings smile.gif make a test - take any chord which can contain one or more notes such as E, D, G, B and A and replace the fretted notes with open strings - you will discover ENORMOUSLY Beautiful possibilities biggrin.gif

3) Rhythm is crucial - we can go through Bear Rose's beginner rhythm lessons which are more than good to start with

4) Improvisation will come, slowly but swiftly smile.gif it's all in the phrasing man and in your ears. We can analyze solos and see what people have done there wink.gif

5) Playing difficult songs when you are not ready will only cause frustration smile.gif let's take things slowly but surely - first developing the chops then tackling the challenging compositions, k?

what do you think man?

Cosmin

2)

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Mar 26 2012, 01:48 PM
Learning Chord Basher
HOLLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIT!!!!
it's cool bro.okay give me one week so next monday I'll have a REC improvisation over your katakotikatania style lesson.any other assignment for me till next week or that will be all? I can record one more thing whatever you choose...(can be any lesson on GMC) GIMME ONE MORE LESSON OR I'M GONNA CUT YOUR THROAT WITH MY REC!!!

This post has been edited by gitarcitolga: Mar 26 2012, 01:56 PM

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 05:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gitarcitolga @ Mar 26 2012, 12:48 PM) *
HOLLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIT!!!!
it's cool bro.okay give me one week so next monday I'll have a REC improvisation over your katakotikatania style lesson.any other assignment for me till next week or that will be all? I can record one more thing whatever you choose...(can be any lesson on GMC) GIMME ONE MORE LESSON OR I'M GONNA CUT YOUR THROAT WITH MY REC!!!

Hey Tolga! Got one more thing for ya biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry576229 in here there's some stuff about free recording software wink.gif

As for the the lesson - how about this one? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/ it's the one that's best to start with in my opinion, for metal rhythm wink.gif if it's too difficult, please let me know smile.gif

best regards mate!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 26 2012, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Mar 26 2012, 06:15 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thanks man! Im gonna kick some azz even though it's difficult,Ill rec whatever I got. Don't forget to check the rec page on next monday.Please don't stop to give me assignments after next monday.From now on I'm your adopted son,you teach I learn dear master. I salute you

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gitarcitolga @ Mar 26 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Thanks man! Im gonna kick some azz even though it's difficult,Ill rec whatever I got. Don't forget to check the rec page on next monday.Please don't stop to give me assignments after next monday.From now on I'm your adopted son,you teach I learn dear master. I salute you

I will mate! You write here and let me know when you have questions ok? smile.gif And thanks for the kind words... I'm just enjoying what I do smile.gif if it helps, I can't be other than happy biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:36 PM