Smooth Jazz /lounge ? :d
Pololagrattoune
Sep 22 2012, 08:23 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone !! I recently felt in love with smooth jazz / lounge music and i was searching on the website for some lessons on it . I am not familiar with this kind of music ( i am a metal player^^) so if an instructor can lead me on some lessons, or better than that : make a new lounge music lesson, it will be soooo nice =)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pololagrattoune: Sep 22 2012, 08:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Sep 22 2012, 09:46 PM
GMC:er
Definitely some David Wallimann, pretty sure he made some lessons on it back when he was still here.

Or even his youtube, https://www.youtube.com/user/Wallimann

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Socky42: Sep 22 2012, 09:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 23 2012, 02:37 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Check out:

Jazz Instructors page

Particularly: Stephane Lucarelli and Vasilije Vukmirovic

and don't forget Jazz Archive Licks (be sure to scroll down)

Of course, there are others.

I enjoy smooth jazz & jazz fusion (are they the same?), too! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 23 2012, 06:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Definitely check Stephane Lucarelli (instructor here)!!

I grew up with smooth jazz, but eventually grew more towards hard bop, post bop, and funk-jazz. But some smooth jazz really grooves and I still listen occasionally. If you ever want some tips for players to listen to, let me know and I'll throw some pics your way.... such as:

-George Benson
-Earl Klugh
-Larry Carlton
-Lee Ritenour
-Jeff Golub
-Martin Taylor
-Ray O'Bieo (might have spelled that last name wrong)

Also, many of these guys do smooth jazz and more, like Larry Carlton and Martin Taylor.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 24 2012, 03:29 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Derper, thanks for the intro to Martin Taylor & Jeff Golub. I hadn't heard of the them. I don't know & couldn't find "Ray O'Bieo (might have spelled that last name wrong)" but maybe someone else may know of him. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 24 2012, 04:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pololagrattoune @ Sep 22 2012, 07:23 PM) *
Hi everyone !! I recently felt in love with smooth jazz / lounge music and i was searching on the website for some lessons on it . I am not familiar with this kind of music ( i am a metal player^^) so if an instructor can lead me on some lessons, or better than that : make a new lounge music lesson, it will be soooo nice =)

It is a great style! One of my favorites! If you are interested you can join my mentoring program and I will show you all the tricks of smooth Jazz!
Just send me a Personal Message and I will sign you up!

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 24 2012, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Martin Taylor is amazing!! He also played in the Grisman-Taylor Jazz quartet (David Grisman) and with Stephane Grappelli (Django's fiddle player).

And....it's Ray Obiedo!! You'll find him now!

Martin Taylor is amazing!! He also played in the Grisman-Taylor Jazz quartet (David Grisman) and with Stephane Grappelli (Django's fiddle player).

And....it's Ray Obiedo!! You'll find him now!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:50 PM