Behringer Amps
AIB234
Jul 10 2007, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
Mostly calling out MickeM on this one! tongue.gif

As you can see in my sig I currently have a Behringer amp and I was wondering how 'good' these amps are. I know it's really down to personal preference, but where do they stand up in the grand scheme next to the usual big names?

I ask because I may someday want a half stack and I wonder if I should stick to Behringer or maybe look at something else? It would be nice to have a Behringer amp and half stack to stay with the brand, but quality > matching names.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 11 2007, 01:05 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 10 2007, 05:07 AM) *
Mostly calling out MickeM on this one! tongue.gif

As you can see in my sig I currently have a Behringer amp and I was wondering how 'good' these amps are. I know it's really down to personal preference, but where do they stand up in the grand scheme next to the usual big names?

I ask because I may someday want a half stack and I wonder if I should stick to Behringer or maybe look at something else? It would be nice to have a Behringer amp and half stack to stay with the brand, but quality > matching names.

Sorry, Behringer is nothing I've been browsing really. I have a couple of headphones and a effects pedal branded Behringer that's all. And the headphones I never got to use much anyway since I just keep em stand by for the day my present ones break. They are taped but staying alive laugh.gif

What I've HEARD is that their stuff work very well in the price area where they reside. Then there are stuff that's broken, but I don't know how well stey stand the competition. My EQ pedal for example, it does it's job fine but it's plastic and it's a hassle to switch batteries. Don't think I'd get one again spite it's very cheap.

Speaking of amps, one interesting Behringer product in the market (or soon in the market) is the Bugera amp. It's a rip off of Peaveys models. The XXX and 6505, called 333 and 6260 (and the + model).
It will be interesting to see how well they will work and if they will sound anything like the original models. The Peavey posse of course have played every one of these amps and say the are not Peavey like but I'm not so sure I belive then... the amp is not released yet and why would the Peavey-chatterboxes be the ones to get to play em pre market?

Stick around for these to come and see i you can get your hands on one for a test run. Even it it's not the exact XXX or 5150 sound maybe it's worth less sound for 1/3 of the price of the original.

I havn't had any problems with my Peavey but some say the soldering isn't that great in them.

So summing up, I could very well think of getting a Bugera (Behringer) for that price and the sound doesn't have to be spot on the original even. If it's 80-90% of the original in sound and the price is 1/3 I'm willing to compromise and get a Bugera. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 11 2007, 03:44 AM
Moderation Policy Director
My general comment on Behringer would be that they are great value for money at the lower end of the market. I have a Behringer mixer and it works fine as a monitoring mixer, although I wouldn't use it in my recording signal path, as I have better kit for that.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:32 PM