> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2017, 12:13 AM
Instructor
It has some timing issues, but it's GREAT! I love the tone and the muted/dynamics work. Go for it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 24 2017, 09:04 PM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ghostbusterstest

How does this lead tone sound? Originally planned to have harmonies but it sounded too messy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2017, 02:03 AM
Instructor
Yeahhh!!! This is rocking hard man. I've started to smile as soon as it started.

There is a problem between rhythm guitar and lead. The rhythm disturbs the lead. How to solve it?

Any of these things:

- Eq Rhythm to make place for Lead.
- Eq lead to give more prescence.
- Lower Rhythm.
- Increase Lead level.

Some or all of those things...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 26 2017, 08:22 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqhqpl2ufcd7s49/G...oTrack.mp3?dl=1

Gonna just film the video tomorrow then make any changes after, gotta be more efficient with my time when working on projects. Decided not to have guitars in the intro, gonna do some 80s synths stuff; probably gonna add a few more layers to it and change the filtered lead sound a bit.

Changed the harmonies in the chorus to shifting octaves, just sounded weird for some reason when I tried 3rds; makes it sound a lot more funky which is cool. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Socky42: Oct 26 2017, 08:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2017, 01:30 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! I have it in repeat! I love it!!

The arrangement is very cool. The only thing that I still note it that rhythm guitars disturb a bit the lead. Other than that, this is brilliant.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 21 2017, 06:00 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/mariotest

Been working on this cover of Jump Up, Superstar from the new Mario game. This is what I have recorded so far, left the end without lead guitar so you can hear it better.

Are the different guitar tones working ok together?

And I'm now an official artist for Skervesen Guitars; no idea why but I guess they like my videos. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Socky42: Nov 21 2017, 06:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2017, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!! Congrats on the endorsement!!! You really deserve it!! It's nice to see that all your great job is appreciated. smile.gif

The new track in progress is very promising. In my monitors I note some high mid frecuencies a bit disturbing in your rhythm guitar. I like how compressed and consistent it sounds but I would lower a bit frecuencies around 3000 / 5000 hz. Search for disturbing sections.

Other than that this is GREAT!

I'm happy of your achievement mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 12 2017, 08:31 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/drmariotest

Started working on another video, Fever from Dr. Mario. I'll record the lead guitars tomorrow, still just MIDI for now. There's a bridge section and short solo too this is pretty much the whole arrangement.
Does the first verse riff from 0:03 work?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2017, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky! I love it!! I think that everything works perfect on this arrangement. It's very unique. The mix needs work regarding EQ, but other than that this is totally killer!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 6 2018, 06:44 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/fevertest-1

Finally started recording some of the lead guitars, should be able to finish it by tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jan 6 2018, 06:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2018, 03:29 PM
Instructor
This sounds killer mate. Keep going!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 20 2018, 05:38 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/fevertest1

Just need to film it and give it a proper mix now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2018, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, this arrangement is a bomb!! (as always biggrin.gif ).

I love the phrasing, grooves, and overall arrangement, this is pure genius mate. Congrats!!

How are you going? What are your next plans mate?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Feb 25 2018, 03:11 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/kallisti-rock1

Skervesen wanted me to put together a quick demo video for them, here's the track for that video. The mix still needs some work but this is the arrangement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2018, 08:02 PM
Instructor
That's a very cool track mate. It's very catchy, fresh, modern, tasty, everything.

Work on your mix. The overall sound quality is low, but I assume that it's because this is a low quality mp3 file.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Feb 26 2018, 07:35 PM
Yeah I'm just gonna film it then sit down and do a full remix of it. That's the problem with using new gear, I can't use my pre-saved settings that already sound good. laugh.gif

Also bought a new sampled Kontakt bass that I'm trying out in this track.
https://impact-studios.com/products/the-avalanche-bass

Just gotta figure out how to make all these new sounds fit into my tracks. Think the biggest problem is the rhythm guitar, either take up too much space or disappear completely.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Feb 26 2018, 07:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2018, 04:27 PM
Instructor
Nice bass sound! And it's not expensive! Does it work with Kontakt?

yeah, it's for Kontakt, I've found it in the description. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:30 AM