Hi Gmc From Darryl Hill, My Introductory post
Darryl Hill
Feb 6 2015, 06:55 PM
GMC:er
Hi GMC community,
I have been playing since 7 yrs of age now going on 53 Years. I have played with Luther Snake Boy Johnson and in Tops in Blue in the USAF during the 70's. In the 80's I started teaching and still do. I have studied with some of the best like; Mike Ihde of Berklee College of Music for studio guitar work, Alex DeGrassi, Ed Gerhard, Chris Proctor on fingerstyle guitar, Jonathan Juanito Pascual on Flamenco guitar. I consider myself a career student and I am always looking for new approaches.
On finding GMC, I feel I have found the oasis of what is available in learning tools. I have tried numerous online guitar academies and they all were lacking in some way by either not providing notation or just not giving enough info to use in the real world. GMC on the other hand has great videos, Notation to go along and usually the instructor will provide the theory so you understand the concept and can use it in your own original ways as well. I really look forward to learning within the GMC community and sharing music with you all and many thanks to all the teachers for such an abundance of styles available. Bravo to Kristofer Dahl for creating the site and also even being right there on the welcoming committee when I joined.
Best to all,
Darryl

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 07:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC, Darryl! smile.gif Hope you enjoy your stay here. Be sure to join in on collabs and with whatever you want to share on the forum. It sounds like you have a lot of experience to share!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Darryl Hill
Feb 6 2015, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 06:00 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, Darryl! smile.gif Hope you enjoy your stay here. Be sure to join in on collabs and with whatever you want to share on the forum. It sounds like you have a lot of experience to share!

Hi Caelumamittendum,
Thanks! and I will certainly check your forum out and do hope to share up some ideas with everyone as well also.
Keep on picking and not too long to go to Lick of the day,
Best,
Darryl

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 6 2015, 10:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the family Daryl smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 6 2015, 10:24 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome to have you here Darryl! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 6 2015, 11:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome Darryl to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2015, 11:49 PM
WELCOME TO GMC!!! This is an AMAZING community of musicians smile.gif Jump in!!!

QUOTE (Darryl Hill @ Feb 6 2015, 01:55 PM) *
Hi GMC community,
I have been playing since 7 yrs of age now going on 53 Years. I have played with Luther Snake Boy Johnson and in Tops in Blue in the USAF during the 70's. In the 80's I started teaching and still do. I have studied with some of the best like; Mike Ihde of Berklee College of Music for studio guitar work, Alex DeGrassi, Ed Gerhard, Chris Proctor on fingerstyle guitar, Jonathan Juanito Pascual on Flamenco guitar. I consider myself a career student and I am always looking for new approaches.
On finding GMC, I feel I have found the oasis of what is available in learning tools. I have tried numerous online guitar academies and they all were lacking in some way by either not providing notation or just not giving enough info to use in the real world. GMC on the other hand has great videos, Notation to go along and usually the instructor will provide the theory so you understand the concept and can use it in your own original ways as well. I really look forward to learning within the GMC community and sharing music with you all and many thanks to all the teachers for such an abundance of styles available. Bravo to Kristofer Dahl for creating the site and also even being right there on the welcoming committee when I joined.
Best to all,
Darryl

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 7 2015, 07:39 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Darryl and welcome to GMC! Have a great time here smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Feb 7 2015, 07:40 AM

+Quote Post
Kizior
Feb 7 2015, 08:44 AM
Welcome Darryl! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2015, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Darryl!! Welcome to GMC! It's great to have you here and to read this wonderful words about the site. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 7 2015, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Darryl

I loved your work with John Oates wink.gif

Welcome to GMC

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
MrUK
Feb 7 2015, 07:39 PM
Hi & welcome Darryl, to GMC ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 8 2015, 01:32 PM
Hello and Welcome , Oldie tongue.gif !

I am 55 laugh.gif hehehe and Good to know that our Century is still alive !

All the Best !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Darryl Hill
Feb 8 2015, 02:49 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 6 2015, 09:24 PM) *
Awesome to have you here Darryl! biggrin.gif

A special thanks again to you Kristofer for creating this great site!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 7 2015, 05:53 PM) *
Hi Darryl

I loved your work with John Oates wink.gif

Welcome to GMC

Hi Posterboy! Yes, I was born one letter name away from fame and fortune. Instead I have to work at it endlessly so I'm here.
Will see you around.
Best,
Darryl

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 8 2015, 12:32 PM) *
Hello and Welcome , Oldie tongue.gif !

I am 55 laugh.gif hehehe and Good to know that our Century is still alive !

All the Best !

Dieter

Hi Dieterle,
Oh I got you beat I will be turning 60 next month but I still feel like a teenager. Now I can learn all those metal riffs on GMC!
Keep on pickin'
Best,
Darryl

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 7 2015, 03:09 PM) *
Hi Darryl!! Welcome to GMC! It's great to have you here and to read this wonderful words about the site. smile.gif

Hi Gabriel,
Thanks much and you deserve the kindness. I love the solo you peel off at 1:18 into your intro video on your lessons page. I love your lessons and will certainly learn much from there and will tell everyone where I got the licks from.
Best,
Darryl

QUOTE (Darryl Hill @ Feb 8 2015, 01:46 PM) *
A special thanks again to you Kristofer for creating this great site!

Hi Posterboy! Yes, I was born one letter name away from fame and fortune. Instead I have to work at it endlessly so I'm here.
Will see you around.
Best,
Darryl

Hi Dieterle,
Oh I got you beat I will be turning 60 next month but I still feel like a teenager. Now I can learn all those metal riffs on GMC!
Keep on pickin'
Best,
Darryl

Hi Gabriel,
Thanks much and you deserve the kindness. I love the solo you peel off at 1:18 into your intro video on your lessons page. I love your lessons and will certainly learn much from there and will tell everyone where I got the licks from.
Best,
Darryl

Hi all and I feel very welcomed and glad to be on board. Thanks much for all the kindness everyone and I hope to share much with all of you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:14 PM