Vox Valvetronix Ad30vt-xl, Opinions? Thoughts?
JCJXXL
Sep 18 2009, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
I've been needing a new practice amp for awhile and have been considering the AD30VT-XL. Just curious if anyone here owns one and can give me an idea on the pros and cons of it. I went to Vox's website and can't find the XL series. I have heard rumors of some people experiencing problems with the XL. Did Vox pull it or is their web development team just too lazy to update their site?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JCJXXL: Sep 18 2009, 09:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
rokchik
Sep 18 2009, 10:41 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Sep 18 2009, 05:47 PM) *
I've been needing a new practice amp for awhile and have been considering the AD30VT-XL. Just curious if anyone here owns one and can give me an idea on the pros and cons of it. I went to Vox's website and can't find the XL series. I have heard rumors of some people experiencing problems with the XL. Did Vox pull it or is their web development team just too lazy to update their site?

I have the AD30VT and love it. It's a great practice amp and you can do a lot with it. Some of the effects are a bit digital but this amp will pretty much create any tone/sound you want.

Some claim it's not "metal" enough, thus the XL series, but I'm not sure why they are no longer on their web site huh.gif I haven't heard if it was discontinued or not but let me do some digging and see if I can find anything. A friend of mine has an XL I'll check with him.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2009, 12:52 AM
Instructor
I've heard nothing but the good words for this amp. I think it is the best choice in that price category. I've played 50W combo version in studio and it is very cool, does the job just fine. Nice warm tone, and good all-arounder for the price.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Sep 19 2009, 01:49 PM
The thing I liked about it (and the other Vox amps) is that it has power level control on the rear. Supposedly it allows you to play the amp at a low volume but experience the full effect as if you had it turned up. Any truth to this?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2009, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Sep 19 2009, 02:49 PM) *
The thing I liked about it (and the other Vox amps) is that it has power level control on the rear. Supposedly it allows you to play the amp at a low volume but experience the full effect as if you had it turned up. Any truth to this?

Not really. This feature is only important with all tube amps, doesn't make any considerable difference with solid state amps, or hybrid amps.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sted
Sep 19 2009, 06:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
I had one of these, nice amps and the in built effects arent bad, but they dont take pedals well so its best used on its own, a great trait in a practice amp anyway!

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Sep 20 2009, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Hopefully I'll be picking one up soon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:14 PM