Modern Rnb Video Collab, VIDEO UPLOADS & COMMENTS!
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2011, 01:23 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, you can post your takes for collab here! smile.gif

You can find detailed info on this collaboration on this topic.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 23 2011, 02:19 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Wow. I can't believe I'm the first one done.
Hey Ivan, I might do another take with different amp settings if it's ok, but this one turned out pretty good for what it is anyway. I think my playing here was inspired after seeing Joe Satriani last Saturday night. I just had to throw an extended legato run in there. This one doesn't sound too R&B as kind of expected, but I think now I can go back and turn the gain down a bit to see what I and come up with that's more ...well rhythmic and bluesey. smile.gif

Thanks for the great backing. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing everyone's take as well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
K1R
Jan 23 2011, 08:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is my take. I really enjoyed working on it smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2011, 02:03 AM
Instructor
Great takes guys! smile.gif I'll try to write comments as soon as possible! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TylerT
Jan 25 2011, 08:10 AM
Guitar Hero
Here is my take :

This post has been edited by TylerT: Jan 25 2011, 08:12 AM

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 26 2011, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry Ivan couldn't make it in time because of my health issues sad.gif I will make it up to you in your next collab for sure smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2011, 05:40 PM
Instructor
JamesT:

Rhythm: Great rhythm theme in the first part of the solo, and I like that it repeats later on. There is a big contrast between those slower and faster bits, but it sounds effective, it makes the faster ones stand out. Gradual transition would be great too.
Phrasing: Phrasing in the slower parts is great, and has nice repetitive and catchy theme. The faster bits are OK, but there should be a better connection with the backing. Try using strong notes more. There is a small section where you played slower arpeggios and that turned quite nice. So I recommend that you apply this approach more often, as it has more meaning and connection with the harmony.
Technique: Very nice playing throughout the solo, excellent legato on the faster bits. One suggestion from me is to apply skank playing technique on those single notes at the beginning of the solo. So, instead of picking single string, strum all strings, but mute the strings so only one note remains.
Sound: Nice fluent compressed lead tone, with slightly buzzing character. Try to lower down the high end a bit to remove that buzzing.

K1R

Rhythm: Very good rhythm, balanced and cool sounding. Timing is OK throughout the solo.
Phrasing: Nice use of pentatonic scale. What I would suggest is to work a bit more on dorian and blues scales. This will help you achieve diversity. Landing on the root note is good, but you seem to do it often that needed. Try landing on a different strong note of the chord, it can sound quite nice too.
Technique: Your playing is good, I like those soulful bends a lot. Try working on your picking technique to make it cleaner and tighter. Also work more on vibrato.
Sound: Very good sound, nice and crunchy with a smooth top end. Sounds very cool.

TylerT:

Rhythm: Great intro phrase, and very cool funky passages after that. Awesome feel for the rhythm, you got into the groove very nicely. Faster and slower bits are well balanced and synchronized. Timing could be more tighter tho.
Phrasing: Very good sense for short phrases and connecting various elements together. Nice sense for harmonic connection. Metal-sounding licks turn out to be very effective for this kind of backing.
Technique: Excellent display of a wide range of techniques, very well controlled and relaxed playing. You are technically great player with a very good sense for diatonic scale. One thing I notices is that you tend to rush in some places and this creates mistakes. Try to insert longer notes here and there, and make some pauses, that can sound good as well, and it will give you time to move to desired notes on the neck more precisely.
Sound: Sound is OK, but I would advise a bit more defined sound here. Although this sound is good for chunky rhythm playing, for lead I suggest more mids, and possibly some delay since you are modern type of a player. There is also some ambient reverb that is not that desirable.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Mar 2 2011, 05:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:26 PM